Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,182 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by jah003
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yessir. I really enjoyed it, the bourbon didn't come through too much, if anything it may have helped smooth it out a little. Not overly sour.
maca1028
Love the saucer. Haven't made it by there much lately though. 8 years in and I'm only about 90 beers away from my first plate.
ChipFTAC01
AG
You got me beat. I started one at the Addison FS back in about 2005 and haven't finished off. Back when it was mostly imports and not much craft.
La Fours
AG
Nope. Nothing has opened up since EH closed.
Kyle98
AG
Best Minneapolis breweries to visit? Unfortunately, Surly is still closed and doesn't anticipate opening until June 1. Going in 2 weeks.
jah003
S
Kyle98 said:

Best Minneapolis breweries to visit? Unfortunately, Surly is still closed and doesn't anticipate opening until June 1. Going in 2 weeks.

Fair State, Modist, and Fulton are all great. Fulton was probably my favorite though. Well... actually Surly was... but that isn't an option. Also... Surly is way the hell out of the way. Most others you can walk/Uber to pretty quickly.
jwag
AG
Didn't visit many breweries a couple years ago but Matt's Bar & Grill for juicy lucys and michelob golden
light ain't bad. Also, the American Swedish Institute has stellar food.
dave99ag
AG
BlackStack is in St. Paul, so might be worth the drive. I've enjoyed just about everything they've put out.
jah003
S
Also... if you can get to a Twins game... do it. My absolute favorite MLB ballpark. And they have a Surly beer tent.

Edit: Also... find a dive bar and play some pull tabs. Damn I miss Minnesota.
Chipotlemonger
AG
You doing your another trip there this year?
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

You doing your another trip there this year?

Absolutely. Most of our time will be at the lake house. Spending a few days in Madison visiting a good friend. Also spending another couple days at a cabin on Lake Superior. Should be there about 3 weeks total.
bdgol07
AG
Going to Denver at the end of July. Any recommendations on breweries to give a go or line of beer to seek out? I like any and all types, wife is more of a lighter/lager type
Wheatables02
AG
Blackstack and Modist
turfman80
AG
Kyle98 said:

I've had some great Barrel Theory beers sent to me in trades....it's in St. Paul though.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
MrPlow2010
AG
I enjoy the Fair State beers I get at HEB.
SoTxAg
AG
I picked up some cans of Wild Mind Ales here in SA, all decent sours, and the label says they are in Minneapolis.
SoTxAg
AG
Last time in Denver we hit Cerebral, Liquid Mechanics and Station 26. Wanted to go to Falling Rock tap house but they were closed.
FriedTex
AG
Kyle98 said:

I think Surly is overrated. I'd say Lupulin and Fair State would be my choice w/ Lupulin far better
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Got a new Star Wars glass in an auction (well sort of. I ended up paying for one of the glasses the guy who beat me won)

jah003
S
jwag... your box should be there tomorrow.

This might be the best beer in the box.
FriedTex
AG
Any one else prefer unfiltered beers? I love the resin
Topher17
AG
Have had a number of those already this spring. Truly a fantastic beer!
Kyle98
AG
Thanks for the Minneapolis tips, guys. Unfortunately, the Twins are on the road while we're there. One week earlier, the Rangers are in Minnesota. Damn the timing.

We're staying and working in the Arden Hills area. I'll see how far each of the breweries are, and try to hit 2 or 3.
jgh85Ag
AG
can we get a full shot of the plaque?
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
Quincey P. Morris
AG

ChipFTAC01
AG
ISO.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The wife said she thinks she got it at the Nutcracker Market they do at NRG but she can't remember for sure.
jwag
AG
Thanks jah003!
jah003
S
jwag said:

Thanks jah003!

Glad everything made it safely. Enjoy!
jetch17
AG
Ducked in Greater Heights after lunch - never been by ... Galactic Fruitier Pellets & Denali from the teet is nice

Jock 07
AG
This teleworking **** is getting old

Kyle98
AG
Love that place. Need to swing by next week for some of the Galactic Fruitier Pellets if they still have some.
jetch17
AG
Kyle98 said:

Love that place. Need to swing by next week for some of the Galactic Fruitier Pellets if they still have some.

Very nice setup
La Fours
AG
No sympathy. Zero ****ing sympathy.

But a little jealous.

La Fours
AG
Mama, there goes that man again.

Lol. A friend of mine posted this one on Facebook.

First Page Last Page
Page 1609 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.