Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,715 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Courtesy of our fun freezing temperatures?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Crappy picture but y'all get the point.

txag2008
AG
Nah. I'm near the end of my kitchen remodel.
big-ag
AG
Found some fresh Pliny at a random restaurant in Paso Robles that I ducked into for takeout. I think I'll have two
jh0400
AG
You should check out Silva Brewing if you have a chance. The owner is the former head brewer for Green Flash, and the beers are great.
big-ag
AG
I'll check it out!
Jock 07
AG
jh0400 said:

You should check out Silva Brewing if you have a chance. The owner is the former head brewer for Green Flash, and the beers are great.

I'm moving up the road to the central coast this summer, I hadn't heard of them either and will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation, don't think they were around last time I was up that way.
Ags #1
AG

jetch17
AG
Ooh
GarlandAg2012
AG

the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
FriedTex
AG
It's 67 degrees in South Dakota today - I've drank a lot of outside beers today
CDub06
AG
This one doesn't suck.

Chipotlemonger
AG
When the outlet does not mess up the tile pattern
Objective Aggie
AG
Finally.
steve00
AG
I love to see people getting to experience the greatness of RRBC. I hope you get many more.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Making my first ever trip to RRBC next week. I have never had Pliny or any of their stuff, but have heard great things and am very excited. Anything that yall would consider a "Must Try" while there?
62strat
AG
Tyrone_The_Tuna said:

Making my first ever trip to RRBC next week. I have never had Pliny or any of their stuff, but have heard great things and am very excited. Anything that yall would consider a "Must Try" while there?
I'm going to guess the answer is 'the sampler, and drew bites.'
ChipFTAC01
AG
All of it.
txag2008
AG
Austin folks, how available is Training Bines in a grocery or liquor store? I'll be driving through on Wednesday and would like to find a convenient place to swing through.
jah003
S
txag2008 said:

Austin folks, how available is Training Bines in a grocery or liquor store? I'll be driving through on Wednesday and would like to find a convenient place to swing through.

Just saw it sitting around at H-E-B last night. So... I would think pretty available.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I feel like I ask this question every year but any decent beer shops around 30A in Florida? I'll probably end up drinking grocery store beer which is fine. Some decent local brews. Looks like it might rain a lot next week so maybe we'll go over to idyll hounds. We went a few years ago and some GREAT beers.
Mustang1
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I feel like I ask this question every year but any decent beer shops around 30A in Florida? I'll probably end up drinking grocery store beer which is fine. Some decent local brews. Looks like it might rain a lot next week so maybe we'll go over to idyll hounds. We went a few years ago and some GREAT beers.
Wine World in Destin Commons
CDub06
AG
Alright, a little wrap up of my recent Denver trip:

Knotted Root up in Nederland was FANTASTIC. IPAs and sours were great. Way better than you'd expect for that little mountain town. They had some great hop combos and lesser used hops.

Uhl's Brewing in Boulder was great as well. They were celebrating Stout SZN, so most of the selections were hefty, but everything was good. Their "Adjunct Calendar" was the best (pastry) stout I've had in a while.

Wild Provisions was interesting. They're a 4 Noses project focused on fermented table beers. I enjoyed sampling their stuff. Very good for the style, nothing outlandish. I also sampled a few 4 Noses while I was there and they were pretty good as well.

WeldWerks lived up to the expectations. Ever since I first tried their stuff, I dreamed about a trip up to Greeley. Everything was out of this world. No Spoon Needed, Blueberry Crunchee, and DDH Juicy Bits were the favorites.

Wiley Roots is a name I know, but hadn't had anything from them. They were good, but fell short of expectations. Stouts outperformed the other styles.

Woods Boss Brewing had a heater outside, that's how we ended up there. A couple of good IPAs, but not worth sticking around in the cold.

Cerebral was one I was greatly looking forward to and it was VERY good, but didn't meet the same expectations WeldWerks and Knotted Root did. Some really great hazy IPAs and definitely worth another visit.

Zuni Street was across from our hotel and it was more than serviceable. It exceeded my low expectations and even delivered some really nice IPAs.
CDub06
AG
Then I went on to Boise and hit my local favorite: Barbarian Brewing - Always great with their sours, stouts, and barrel aged stuff. They had a Port barrel aged quad that was phenomenal.

The only other stop on my week in Idaho was Snow Eagle in Idaho Falls. They were a brewery/bar/grill/sushi restaurant. I wasn't brave enough to try the sushi. The beer ranged from average to below average.

Work is picking back up in Idaho and I've got a few more trips planned and may have a little more time for adventure.
dave99ag
AG
That's a helluva trip and thanks for taking notes!
jah003
S
Yo beer dudes... I will be leaving town Saturday and be pretty much MIA until the tourney starts, so... i'm going to post the Beer Thread March Madness info later today. However... if you want to get started early... here is the link to sign up through ESPN.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2021/en/group?redirect=tcmen%3A%2F%2Fx-callback-url%2FshowGroup%3FgroupID%3D3665944&ex_cid=tcmen2021_email&groupID=3665944&groupp=YmVlcno%3D&inviteuser=e0ZGNzE0RjNELTk2RTItNDYyNi04NkE2LTUyQjk0MzhGQkFBNX0%3D&invitesource=email

Group: Beer Thread March Madness
Password: beerz

Make sure you use your texags username to sign up.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Does anyone know of any good beer options in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area of Alabama? I'll be there next week. I'm not expecting much but figured if there's anything worthwhile someone here will know about it.
jh0400
AG
It's been a few years, but I remember Big Beach having a good setup.
big-ag
AG
If you are looking for beer to go, Maggie's Bottle and Tail has a great selection.
La Fours
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

Does anyone know of any good beer options in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area of Alabama? I'll be there next week. I'm not expecting much but figured if there's anything worthwhile someone here will know about it.

We went there this past July. The Buccees at the exit you take on I-10 to go south to Gulf Shores usually has fresh Ghost in The Machine and other parish beers. Plus a few other craft beers. And the Island Market convenience stores have pretty good selection of regional craft beers.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Thanks for the return beer drop, Chipotle!
Really excited for that black beer!
jah003
S
All right beer threaders... it's that most magical time of the year. COVID really ****ed us over last year, but we're not letting that happen again.

If you are new here, each year the beer thread runs a March madness contest. It's mostly just people sending one person beers. People who are not me do win. Before you sign up... think to yourself... will I send beer if I lose? If the answer is no, then don't enter because it's pretty likely you won't win.

Here are the rules:

1. If you do not win the contest you are expected to send at minimum 128 oz. of beer. That is 8 16 oz beers for reference. Want to send more...? That's totes cool. Let's say you do win... you'll be getting a metric **** ton of beer. We typically can do a 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place. This all depends on how many enter, though.
2. You need to be at least semi active on this board to enter. If you are lurking and would like to enter then you would need an active member to "vouch" for you. You will be entering using the link from my previous post. Please make sure your entry is your texags username. You are only allowed to submit one entry.
3. Once the dust settles and the tournament is over. We will have a draft to determine who sends to the winners. 1st will obviously be getting more boxes then 2nd or 3rd. Please try to send out your box in a timely manner. Shipping and in person drop offs both work just fine.
4. NEW THIS YEAR! If you finish dead last you will get a mystery box from me. It will be packaged much like an advent calendar. It will be mostly ****ty beers with some gems mixed in. You are required to at least attempt to consume all beers and post pictures on the thread for our amusement.

Questions? Did I miss anything? Just let me know. I will be gone from the 13th-21st but will try to check in periodically. Should be more active after the 1st weekend of the tourney.

TLDR; win and get beers, lose and send beers.

AgEng06
AG
****, I may have to enter just to try for last.
La Fours
AG
So this is happening. Got a text from BSD a week or so back telling me that I needed to make trip down to the tine, because he had something for me. And I never turn down an offer to hang out with him and his wife. So now Turfman and I are enjoying this on his back porch.

dave99ag
First Page Last Page
Page 1598 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.