Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,331 Views | 62614 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jh0400
DaveHimself
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
big-ag said:

If you are looking for beer to go, Maggie's Bottle and Tail has a great selection.

I second Maggie's, great selection.
jetch17
AG
La Fours said:

So this is happening. Got a text from BSD a week or so back telling me that I needed to make trip down to the tine, because he had something for me. And I never turn down an offer to hang out with him and his wife. So now Turfman and I are enjoying this on his back porch.

Fugging baller
jah003
S
That guy is the ****ing worst. Making you drive down to Houston for one beer...
maca1028
La Fours said:

So this is happening. Got a text from BSD a week or so back telling me that I needed to make trip down to the tine, because he had something for me. And I never turn down an offer to hang out with him and his wife. So now Turfman and I are enjoying this on his back porch.

**** YES!!
ChipFTAC01
AG
Who was the guy about 5 years ago who never sent his beer?
jah003
S
ChipFTAC01 said:

Who was the guy about 5 years ago who never sent his beer?
Hickory ****ing High...
ChipFTAC01
AG
Oh yeah. F that guy
Jock 07
AG
Wow that brings back memories, looks like all that **** went down back on page 944
dave99ag
AG
There were one or two from the last one, but nothing tops the BS that dude was saying.
La Fours
AG
jah003 said:

Whoa. Easy there. It was 2 beers. Come on, he's not a complete *******.

La Fours
AG
Oh and after the Younger, Turfman whipped this out.

So today was a pretty ****ing great day.
jetch17
AG
Killin it
La Fours
AG
BSD
AG
jah003 said:

And a bottle of my finest water, as you can clearly see. Geez, tough crowd.
CDub06
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

Does anyone know of any good beer options in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area of Alabama? I'll be there next week. I'm not expecting much but figured if there's anything worthwhile someone here will know about it.
Ugh. It's like y'all don't even read my write ups...

Quote:

So, some good breweries around Pensacola.

Big Beach in Gulf Shores was much better than expected. 12 taps to try, a variety of styles but main focus on IPAs and sours. It looks like they like to experiment with different hops in some of the same recipes, which I liked.

Emerald Republic was pretty great. They did some unique stuff including a smoked sour. Because of their variety, I ended up with a few styles I don't typically get and was impressed. The IPAs turned out to be their weak point (not bad), but everything else was very good.

Odd Colony was my favorite stop (Emerald Republic was a close second). Another spot with unique recipes and a GREAT variety of styles, including some lesser known styles. I wanted to try everything on the menu. Couldn't do that, but all I had was pretty awesome. The IPAs won.

Perfect Plain was probably above average, but couldn't compete with the other stops. A decent variety of styles. The kind of place that does one of each of the popular styles, but doesn't do anything that'll knock your socks off.

Oh. Almost forgot - Maggie's Bottle & Tail is a GREAT bottle shop out in Orange Beach. The affiliated restaurants have a killer tap list too.
jgh85Ag
AG
I am thinking about going to Gulf Shores. Any recommendations?
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
CDub06
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hey, some of us appreciate the write ups! One thing I look forward to after a beer trip is posting thoughts about it on here.
wessimo
AG
BSD said:

jah003 said:

If my math is right you have 10 leftover beers from that RRBC box... need to re-home them before they get stale?
BSD
AG
wessimo said:

BSD said:

jah003 said:

If my math is right you have 10 leftover beers from that RRBC box... need to re-home them before they get stale?

What box?

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
BIL (reesei) visiting from Texas and brought some goods!

Returning the favor with my last bottle of PtY.

txag2008
AG
jah003 said:

txag2008 said:

Austin folks, how available is Training Bines in a grocery or liquor store? I'll be driving through on Wednesday and would like to find a convenient place to swing through.

Just saw it sitting around at H-E-B last night. So... I would think pretty available.

Thank you sir. Went for Electric Jellyfish instead for the first time. Good stuff
La Fours
AG
jgh85Ag said:

I am thinking about going to Gulf Shores. Any recommendations?

I think someone mentioned a place in Orange Beach. But that's a 20 minute drive or more, from Gulf Shores. And who wants to deal with that?
jah003
S
txag2008 said:

jah003 said:

txag2008 said:

Austin folks, how available is Training Bines in a grocery or liquor store? I'll be driving through on Wednesday and would like to find a convenient place to swing through.

Just saw it sitting around at H-E-B last night. So... I would think pretty available.

Thank you sir. Went for Electric Jellyfish instead for the first time. Good stuff

Love that you can buy EJ anywhere... what a time to be alive. Next time you're in Austin give me a shout. I'm vaccinated and ready to mingle.
jah003
S
Your daily reminder to join Texags March Madness...

Currently have... 3 entries. Which means I would still somehow get 4th.

https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2021/en/group?redirect=tcmen%3A%2F%2Fx-callback-url%2FshowGroup%3FgroupID%3D3665944&ex_cid=tcmen2021_email&groupID=3665944&groupp=YmVlcno%3D&inviteuser=e0ZGNzE0RjNELTk2RTItNDYyNi04NkE2LTUyQjk0MzhGQkFBNX0%3D&invitesource=email

Group: Beer Thread March Madness
Password: beerz
Kyle98
AG
I'll sign up shortly....

Buddy of mine we've skiing in Iowa (I didn't know that was a thing) a few weeks ago and brought me back goodies!

Chipotlemonger
AG
This is a nice Thursday beer during a not so great week. Cheers y'all!

The beer is almost as good as that dead end phone Jack outlet cover.

Thank you Lt. Joe!

Jason_Ag98
AG
Thanks for the great tips and sorry for not paying more attention!
MW13
AG
Juicy Bits currently on Tavour for those that like that sort of thing.
jetch17
AG
Grabbed a 4 pack - had some credit in there. Still won't be here til April 1
AggieOO
https://craftbeeraustin.com/toppling-goliath-entering-texas-market/
dave99ag
AG
Thought it was only going to be D/FW, so this is good news. Hopefully they send fresh and not months old like some other breweries.
Hudson2508
AG
In!
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Thought it was only going to be D/FW, so this is good news. Hopefully they send fresh and not months old like some other breweries.
I would be shocked if we get anything under 3 months. I barely bought any TG last summer because I couldn't find anything fresh... and that was a hell of a lot closer to the brewery.
dave99ag
AG
That's my worry too. It's the same with Cigar City. Love me some Jai Ali, but not when it's a 6-month malt bomb.

Luckily Lady Dave is about to start traveling back to MN soon and can load up again.
First Page Last Page
Page 1599 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.