Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,715,968 Views | 62710 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by SoTxAg
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Since when did they bottle that beer in the 12 oz format? Or have I just not noticed it where I go? I wish more big beers were put out in that format.
I'm seeing a lot of what was only in bombers now available in 12 oz 4 packs or singles. Definitely a trend I'm seeing, and I like.

Even at equal $/oz, I'd rather four 12s over a bomber.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I spoke with Jah about this earlier. I will try, and have a calendar reminder set, but I have little confidence in both their system and with my ability to get in on the jump! We shall see.

Are you not getting any even though you're in their barrel club or whatever? If you want a bottle I can bookmark my 'potential' 2nd of 4 bottles for you if interested. I would probably drink the other 2 myself but may trade a 3rd.
They actually sent out an email today saying that RRBC members will be guaranteed advanced opportunity to purchase the PtY 12 pack.

Need to do some TexAgs bottle shares with the RR goods.
turfman80
AG
"Need to do some TexAgs bottle shares with the RR goods."

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Objective Aggie
AG
Another solid PrairieHouse entry.
TecRecAg
AG
I'm going to get run out of this thread but has anyone had Montucky Cold Snacks? $6.99 for a 6 pack of 16oz. Hell of an everyday drinker.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, had a sixer or two this summer. Good
big-ag
AG
This is funky.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Coors Light or GTFO
jgh85Ag
AG
User name does not fit.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Very smooth IPA here. Cashmere hops definitely have a way of doing that to a beer! This one I actually liked better as it warmed up some (it was already great to begin with though). I think sometimes I drink certain styles too cold and it mutes all that is going on.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
TecRecAg said:

I'm going to get run out of this thread but has anyone had Montucky Cold Snacks? $6.99 for a 6 pack of 16oz. Hell of an everyday drinker.

They are very popular out here. Feels like an uppity PBR.
jcbaggie04
AG
Was unaware what exactly a montucky cold snack was, but this description left it clear as day. Thx
Boat Shoes
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/food/2021/01/14/confirmed-yuengling-will-start-selling-beer-in-texas-stores-and-bars-in-fall-2021/
wessimo
AG
Brewed by Molson/Coors.

http://washingtonbeerblog.com/the-nations-largest-craft-brewery-joins-forces-with-molson-coors/

Don't see myself drinking much of it unless it's free and there are no better options.
62strat
AG
wessimo said:

Brewed by Molson/Coors.

http://washingtonbeerblog.com/the-nations-largest-craft-brewery-joins-forces-with-molson-coors/

Don't see myself drinking much of it unless it's free and there are no better options.
contract brewed. That's pretty common. Just like Saint arnold brewing BJ's beers, or sleeping giant brewing all the stuff they make.

not that that means I'm gonna go looking for yeungling if it came here to CO.. It's good for what it is, a basic pale lager. But I don't drink that style very much.
AggieOO
i drank it a lot when i lived on the east coast simply b/c it was always on special and i was poor. Its not bad, but its basically "meh" in the grand scheme of the beer world.
AggieOO
Finally found Space Pizza...its, ummm...interesting?

Tastes like drinking a pizza. Not terrible, but definitely don't want more than one.
jcbaggie04
AG
yeha I haven't had the space pizza. I saw it in the store after reading about it here and I declined. I think I feel about it like I do pizza flavored chips or goldfish or whatever. I just like pizza flavor only on pizza I think.
AggieOO
I like pizza flavored goldfish, etc.

That said, if you can find a single of Space Pizza, grab it, but definitely don't buy a six pack.
jcbaggie04
AG
that's fair. maybe i'll do the ol' mix 6 thing from the grocery store and give it a go. sometimes the weird ones work out better than they sound. sounds like pizza beer would somehow be a sour from jester or something.
Mustang1
AG
Martin House puts out some weird ****.
AggieOO
They also put out some amazing stuff along with the weird stuff. And sometimes the weird stuff is amazing...sometimes, not so much.

I respect them for giving zero ****s. They are brewing a crazy amount of beers and having fun. I also love that 99% of the time, they nail the flavor.
stamper
AG

Wife had to spend last week in Lafayette for business. Nice haul.

La Fours
AG
Nice. What are the two bottles on top of the cans?
stamper
AG
La Fours said:

Nice. What are the two bottles on top of the cans?
Autumn shade and vanilla shade. Bourbon barrel aged stuff.
fav13andac1)c
AG

10 day old Yellow Rose and one 3 year old that doesn't want to wear a helmet. Good times.
CDub06
AG
Cheat week in Arizona. Some average stuff from Sedona brewing last night. Great stops in Flagstaff today from Dark Sky and Mother Road, who had some really unique offerings.

I'll make a couple of quick stops in Phoenix on the way out on Monday.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
My uncle got me a birthday present. Benefits of being related to a Brash cult member.

dave99ag
AG
Back in Park City. Found a 9% beer and a Banksy!

jetch17
AG
Ranger #007 said:

My uncle got me a birthday present. Benefits of being related to a Brash cult member.

How it it? Very large?

I may go get some tomorrow
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It's damned good. My understanding is it's 15% abv. If that's correct then it's the sneakiest high abv ever. Lots of coffe flavor to it.
jetch17
AG
Nice - figured I need a 4 pack to go with my BMF growler ... and an excuse to peel off and go to brash
ChipFTAC01
AG
Tell me more about a BMF growler.
jetch17
AG
It's a growler, and it's bad

jgh85Ag
AG
Very good stout from Panther Island in Fort Worth.
First Page Last Page
Page 1586 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.