Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,717,561 Views | 62712 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by SoTxAg
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're driving up to Birmingham next week then heading to Chattanooga for a few nights. Might venture into Georgia along the way. Any beer, food, or general recommendations along the way?
La Fours
AG
Why did they draw Wilford Brimley as a cat? Does the cat have diabeetus?

So many questions.
Ags #1
AG
Angry chair. Beer is called wilfred. And even says diabeetus on the bottle
CDub06
AG
I'm going to be around zero help here, but assuming you're coming from Houston, you've obviously got Parish and Gnarly Barley on the way. I've heard good things about Gilla and Rally Cap in Baton Rouge.

Southern Prohibition is the known commodity in Hattiesburg.

I know Chattanooga has become a really great beer town, but it's been years since I've been there. Look forward to your report.

If you do end up in Georgia, I've got oodles of suggestions especially in the greater Atlanta area.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Never have visited it, but have had cans from Hutton & Smith out of Chattanooga and I liked them.
J182
AG
AggieOO said:

friend picked up the pizza beer. said its like drinking a pizza, but not in a bad way. Drinkable, but not something you want more than one of.

I'm trying to find it in Austin/RR, but no luck so far.
Tried one today during my lunch break and your friend's description is 100% accurate. I don't hate it, but I am not going to drink 3 or 4 at a time. It's a novelty beer in every sense of the word. I am going to grab another six-pack just so my friends can try it next time we're all together.
👽
Objective Aggie
AG

jetch17
AG
Since when has Tine started getting belching beaver!? Saw d&q and other places are getting phantom bride and others
Bmac04
AG
They just rolled out to TX at the end of the year. Only like 3-4 beers right now but are hoping for more in the future.
jetch17
AG
Sweet, glad to see
Kyle98
AG

Cookies was better than Cream, and the mix was better than both.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Not anything crazy but my first Dream Crusher of the new year. Definitely my overall daily kind of DIPA. It's also pretty much the taste of watching Aggie baseball for me. Just another month or so before they get going again.

Objective Aggie
AG
I thought the same but I did t mix them!!
jah003
S
Proper snow measurement device.
dave99ag
AG
Snow beer in CS!

Kyle98
AG
Snowed a lot here, but no accumulation so far.
jah003
S
It's getting deeper! (That's what she said)
La Fours
AG
I'm really regretting not grabbing a 4 pack of The Abyss when I went to H-E-B earlier today. I have no beer. And this snow has effed my trees.

dave99ag
AG
Holy crap! So far no damage here. We measured about 3.5".
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm here in League City drinking Crunch Enhancer with a backyard that's a really cold mud pit.
turfman80
AG
Lagunitas Willetized Coffee Stout

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Objective Aggie
AG
The last of my Martin House This is the Ends. I think this is a great choc coffee stout. I hope I can find more.
62strat
AG
La Fours said:

I'm really regretting not grabbing a 4 pack of The Abyss when I went to H-E-B earlier today. I have no beer. And this snow has effed my trees.

dang!

Did you shake them at anytime? That can really help... not that it helps now.
wessimo
AG
Not beer, but if you ever want a hop fix without the calories or alcohol this is pretty dang good.
jh0400
AG
I bought them by the case over the summer but haven't been able to find them for a month or so now.
wessimo
AG
Yeah I'm guessing this stuff does strong sales in January. I bought the last three 4pks at the Washington Ave HEB.
La Fours
AG
Yeah, unfortunately, I didn't think about that until after the carnage. So went around and shook as many of the others as I could. Well shook and beat with a golf club.
maca1028
Always hate to see CFB come to an end. Bring on baseball!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone going to try to get in on the PtYounger release?

All online this year. Only shipping to California unfortunately.

https://russianriverbrewing.com/pliny-the-younger-release/
Chipotlemonger
AG
I spoke with Jah about this earlier. I will try, and have a calendar reminder set, but I have little confidence in both their system and with my ability to get in on the jump! We shall see.

Are you not getting any even though you're in their barrel club or whatever? If you want a bottle I can bookmark my 'potential' 2nd of 4 bottles for you if interested. I would probably drink the other 2 myself but may trade a 3rd.
La Fours
AG

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I spoke with Jah about this earlier. I will try, and have a calendar reminder set, but I have little confidence in both their system and with my ability to get in on the jump! We shall see.

Are you not getting any even though you're in their barrel club or whatever? If you want a bottle I can bookmark my 'potential' 2nd of 4 bottles for you if interested. I would probably drink the other 2 myself but may trade a 3rd.

They haven't announced it, but I don't think the RRBC will be getting PtE.

I'm gonna try to get some as well. Would love to get one of yours if I don't though! I'll do the same for you!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Since when did they bottle that beer in the 12 oz format? Or have I just not noticed it where I go? I wish more big beers were put out in that format.
La Fours
AG
This is the first year that I have seen them in 12oz bottles.
maca1028
We need a TexAgs beer share soon. I've got several of those dating back to 2014 that need to be drank.
First Page Last Page
Page 1585 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.