Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,811 Views | 62661 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by dave99ag
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wonder if CS got them today as well?
AggieOO
just got my package from Wisconsin

best part is that it arrived cold. its ready for the game tonight!

Snowshoe
Black Top
Moon Man
Fat Squirrel
Bock 40

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
jah003
S
quote:
My brother invited me up to Austin for Jester King's 2nd anniversary party in a few weeks. Any of you Austinites going? Or does anyone have any suggestions for what I need to try while there?

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 1/7/2013 10:01a).]

Still debating going... I've been a few times already, and I'm not sure if it will a whole lot different than usual.

As far as what to try, jester king makes a ton of good stuff. My favorites in no particular order: funk metal, RU-55, das wunderkind, weasel rodeo, boxer's revenge.
Pahdz
I know its not on the level of the typical beers discussed here but New Belgium Snow Day is not a bad beer.
streetfighter2012
AG
I haven't tried snow day, but enjoyed NB's summersault, and hoptober when I had them.
62strat
AG
snow day is a go to for me in the winter. It doesn't hurt that so many places have it on tap, it is new belgium after all (fat tire being the shiner of denver).

I liked the old hoptober better, without the 'red' in the title. It was a great pale ale, now it's a brown. Not sure if it actually replaced it, as they still have both on their website.

http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=6780bca7-5177-4fb5-8665-1a2721d12236
http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=b061cbb7-2d6d-4489-a655-8cfa40171596
helgs
AG
Does karbach distribute to DFW? Particularly the mid cities? I haven't seen it.
Post removed:
by user
BSD
AG
Goose Island Matilda for a late lunch/early happy hour.

jetch17
AG
GI at BRC
La Fours
AG
quote:
Does karbach distribute to DFW? Particularly the mid cities? I haven't seen it.

Not sure if they do. We have had it in the bars here for several months and will be getting cans finally in stores this week.
La Fours
AG
Here is CS.
La Fours
AG
Is Goose Island still good since being bought by Inbev or whichever huge company?
Jock 07
AG
Personally was never a huge goose island fan from the getgo
army01
AG
Just finished a Frambozen...

I do not believe Karbach has made it to DFW, at least I haven't seen it.

Has Abyss made it to God's Country yet? Should be sometime in the next two weeks, right?
La Fours
AG
As far as I know, Abyss is still being held hostage by TABC waiting for label approval. Can't change the year on the label. That's a no no.
army01
AG
I friggin hate TABC.
La Fours
AG
Just picked up a Sierra Nevada Estate Grown Ale and a Brux at Tower point HEB. I came in hoping to get some Karbach BB Hellfighter but they didn't have any.
jetch17
AG
I've got an extra BBHF along with that extra Bodacious I've got for you if you want
spadilly
S
my 2011 abyss was unfreakingbelievable. cracked it open in the 4th quarter of the cotton bowl to raise a toast to this season.
streetfighter2012
AG
I picked up a frageelay at the tower point HEB over the weekend. I think they'll be getting bbhf but it will be a few days.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I've got an extra BBHF along with that extra Bodacious I've got for you if you want

Yeah we should get some bbhf here. And maybe even some bodacious. So I'll let you know, sir. Thanks for the heads up and holding that bodacious.
NColoradoAG
Jock, Abrasive is freaking fantastic. Might have to get you to send me some.

I'm off the sauce until the Super Bowl.
jetch17
AG
Just lemme know LF
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Hey there Arizona peeps. I'm kickin' it at 1702az.com across from UofA. Great brew selection. 2nd time here and would continue to come. Best so far ... the Dogfigh Head Olde School barleywine on tap. Wonderful!!!
Two Down
AG
Sounds like La Fours already has claim on yours, Jetch, but if anyone had an extra Bodacious and/or BB Hellfighter, I would very much like to trade/barter/pay for one or both.

With it being year end close I haven't had much luck making beer runs when needed.
La Fours
AG
Two Down, where are you located?
Two Down
AG
I live in Houston but have struck out locally. Tried D&Q, couple of HEBs. Since I live in Midtown area, I tried the big Specs but they usually sell out early.
txaggie05
AG
BB Hellfighter in stock at Texas Ave HEB in CS along with Karbach can lineup
La Fours
AG
Same at tower point HEB. They also got some more 120 in. Karbach and Southern Star are both at TP HEB doing tastings. The SS blind ambition is pretty good. But the cost is high.
La Fours
AG
I grabbed a bbhf. So jetch, you can keep the one you have. Thanks for the offer. But I'm still waiting on bodacious.
jetch17
AG
Word.

I saw SS was supposed to be in CS today. Is the blind ambition that one in the fancy bottle? I heard it was meh for the price

Could go for some fresh ProAm
La Fours
AG
BA is the expensive beer in the cool bottle. It's good but not worth the $19 price tag. They said that the last Pro Am will be a quarterly beer called Valkyrie I think. Sold in bombers.
La Fours
AG
The last pro am being the dipa. They have a new one in the works. Not sure what it is though.

Karbach got a bunch of bourbon and wine barrels in. They are doing a beer in Chardonnay barrels. Can't remember what style.
BSD
AG
quote:
Karbach got a bunch of bourbon and wine barrels in. They are doing a beer in Chardonnay barrels. Can't remember what style.

If it's a sour, I'll bust a nut.
First Page Last Page
Page 157 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.