Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,727 Views | 62616 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Karbach got a bunch of bourbon and wine barrels in. They are doing a beer in Chardonnay barrels. Can't remember what style.

If it's a sour, I'll bust a nut.

I bet it's Hopadillo or Rodeo Clown. I wouldn't mind as the one chard barrel IPA I've had was outstanding.
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:
Karbach got a bunch of bourbon and wine barrels in. They are doing a beer in Chardonnay barrels. Can't remember what style.

If it's a sour, I'll bust a nut.
jetch17
AG
The Bodacious was good, maybe they'll do something new with the wine barrels ... Or they'll just use em for the next batch seeing as how all the neckbeards snatched em up like hot sh*t
La Fours
AG
New republic is releasing a sour in a few months. Ru-55 by jester king is a sour that is now in bottles and will be released soon.
HowdyAgs03
AG
Currently drinking #1 of 4 from my home in College Station, Texas. Be jealous, very, very jealous!

[This message has been edited by howdyags03 (edited 1/10/2013 9:02p).]
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Jock, Abrasive is freaking fantastic. Might have to get you to send me some.

I'm off the sauce until the Super Bowl.

Glad you liked it. No longer am in North Dakota so I can't get it anymore unfortunately.
Jock 07
AG
On another note, I'm driving up to San Fran for the weekend next week and will be dragging the girlfriend along and making a trip to Russian river. Lookin forward to it
BSD
AG
Niiiiice. If you can wait a few weeks, Pliny the Younger will be on tap.

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 1/10/2013 9:36p).]
AggieOO
if anyone in austin is looking for DFH 120, Sunrise Mini Mart has about 10 bottles sitting on the shelf as of 9:30 this evening.

I picked up an Ommegang 15th Anniversary and a bottle of The Perfect Crime (Stone Collaboration)
streetfighter2012
AG
I'm planning to hit up Karbach's tour this weekend. If I bring my karbachtoberfest stein will they fill that up instead of the regular sized pours?
AggieOO
they filled multiple sizes when i was there a couple weeks ago.
BSD
AG
quote:
if anyone in austin is looking for DFH 120, Sunrise Mini Mart has about 10 bottles sitting on the shelf as of 9:30 this evening.

After drinking it, I can understand why. I'm not a fan, obviously. Too syrupy.

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 1/10/2013 10:03p).]
AggieOO
i have one bottle I picked up a couple months ago, but its going to sit for a while.
jetch17
AG
What BSD said... 1 is all you need
defroach
Well, I am in DC on business. So far, I have hit up the following breweries' taprooms:
Center of the Universe
Port City
Hardywood

Here are some of the random tastings in my room (there are too many tastings at the bars, so far at least 45 new beers at least tries since ive been here)

AggieOO
Who brews the Degree?

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
clobby
AG
2 four packs of Bigfoot.
Jock 07
AG
Drank a metric **** ton of 21st amendment brews while skiing squaw as they were only 3 bucks a can; pretty decent stuff
EFE
AG
quote:
quote:

After drinking it, I can understand why. I'm not a fan, obviously. Too syrupy.

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 1/10/2013 10:03p).]

Yup, it had its moments, but wasn't all that and a toothy Beej.
Jock 07
AG
Damn, might have to make a second trip over the Presidents' Day weekend then
BSD
AG
It'll be gone by then! Sorry. Feb 1-14 are the dates. They do a limited number of kegs each day so getting there before dinner is the key. Lines can be very long on weekends, too. All that said, it's a great time! I went last year for 3 days and had a blast. Being in NorCal, I met some very interesting people!
jah003
S
Snagged a 4 pack of Real Ale Imperial Red for tonight. I've heard nothing but great things, so I'm pretty excited to try it.

Also (if anyone in the Austin area cares) the word on Abyss is nobody really knows anything. I've heard end of January, but who the heck really knows. The worst part is they've been in the area since November-ish... just been sitting around waiting for TABC and such.
BSD
AG
Mmmm, Abyss in Texas. (I'll probably let this sit awhile)

duck79
AG
Abyss should land in Dallas on the 21st as long as delivery goes as scheduled and be out a few days later. I would guess Austin is similar.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
It'll be gone by then! Sorry. Feb 1-14 are the dates. They do a limited number of kegs each day so getting there before dinner is the key. Lines can be very long on weekends, too. All that said, it's a great time! I went last year for 3 days and had a blast. Being in NorCal, I met some very interesting people!

Well **** me
BSD
AG
Don't sweat it. The brewpub is still an awesome time, that's why I go four times a year. Be sure to get a taster flight of all the beers and some Drew bites.
BSD
AG
Also, if you are still out there around June 1 or so, be sure to get tickets for the Firestone Walker Invitational beer fest. I want to go but will be on vacation that weekend.
army01
AG
Damnit...what are the chances any Abyss makes it to Fort Worth?
JR Ewing
AG
I'm jealous HowdyAgs...very jealous...also in CS...just sayin...=)
duck79
AG
Army,

Abyss will be in Ft Worth about the same time as well(just comes into Dallas first). It is a very very small amount though.
K Bo
AG
GF got me two BBA Hellfighters yesterday!! Now I need to get my hands on some 2012 Abyss.

Also, had nitro (512) Pecan Porter and cask NorCal fresh hop IPA at Hay Merchant yesterday. They were both fantastic, although, Pecan Porter has never been the same since having the Bourbon Barrel Double Pecan Porter.

[This message has been edited by K Bo (edited 1/12/2013 9:34a).]
defroach
Today I hit up DC Brau, Chocolate City and Three Stars in DC. TX actually has it decent where we could only get small tasters and not pints here.. But they could sell beer to go.
BSD
helgs
AG

[This message has been edited by Helgs (edited 1/12/2013 4:31p).]
helgs
AG
2 different glasses, 2 different beers, same lousy head on both.
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.