Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,672 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by Jock 07
Stringfellow Hawke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kyle98 said:

Trick-or-treating beers last night.

Where did you purchase cup? Brother was in 1/9, 2 ID and would like to buy him something similar.
Kyle98
AG
I think it's called Military Tumblers on Facebook now. It was Artillery Round Tumblers when I bought that. I believe this is their etsy page:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtilleryTumblers
steve00
AG
Seems like the best option available today

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Election Day beverage
FriedTex
AG
Can Phone from Fair State is freaking amazing
turfman80
AG
Election night has me breaking open the Clown Shoes 12 Beers Of Christmas box a little early.....

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
jah003
S
Was exposed to a coworker with COVID Wednesday and I tested positive today. Nothing left to do but hunker down and drink some beers (so long as I can taste).
La Fours
AG
That's a bummer man. Hope the family stays healthy and you don't get hit too bad.
wessimo
AG
Best wishes. Hope it stays mild.
Texaggie7nine
I got over it last week and my smell is still gone.

Good luck, but if it's not bad yet, I'm betting you won't have too bad of a case.
7nine
jah003
S
Texaggie7nine said:

Good luck, but if it's not bad yet, I'm betting you won't have too bad of a case.

Good to know. I would have gotten infected Thursday at the latest. So far no real symptoms... little bit of a sore throat.
Jock 07
AG
Just smell or is taste affected as well?
jh0400
AG
Word.

Texaggie7nine
Taste only went for about a day.
7nine
Texaggie7nine
jah003 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Good to know. I would have gotten infected Thursday at the latest. So far no real symptoms... little bit of a sore throat.

Had sore throat with really bad nasal congestion for about 4 days. No fever.
7nine
Chipotlemonger
AG
Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope it's not too hard and that the family is okay!
AggieOO
Friend of mine got the rona back in June. All her taste came back, except that if she takes a bite of a tortilla, she says it tastes like she's eating spoonfuls of white sugar.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA is a great annual beer. Really solid this year.

Quincey P. Morris
AG

May as well.
La Fours
AG
I almost grabbed some at H-E-B today. I wasn't thinking about Celebration being a wet hop ale and didn't give much thought. Now I'm disappointed in myself.
turfman80
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Sierra Nevada Celebration IPA is a great annual beer. Really solid this year.

I love that beer!
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Chipotlemonger
AG
La Fours said:

I almost grabbed some at H-E-B today. I wasn't thinking about Celebration being a wet hop ale and didn't give much thought. Now I'm disappointed in myself.

Fortunately they put out a lot of it, you should be able to keep buying it for a little while yet!
jh0400
AG
There is a Schramm's bundle on Tavour. You can get a 375 of Bramble and Black Agnes for $75, and I can't get myself to pull the trigger even though it's something I've wanted for a while at less than secondary.

ETA: **** it, bought one
jetch17
AG
Tavour had Juicy Bits & King Sue last week, but didnt pull the trigger from my first experience.
jh0400
AG
I'm done buying IPAs from them. It doesn't make sense to pay a premium for what is likely already old beer then let it sit in their warehouse for another month.
jetch17
AG
jh0400 said:

I'm done buying IPAs from them. It doesn't make sense to pay a premium for what is likely already old beer then let it sit in their warehouse for another month.
absolutely.
Wheatables02
AG
jetch17 said:

jh0400 said:

absolutely.
Most of mine have been getting here at around 24-30 days old. I think I'm good. Any other suggestions on buying out of state beer in TX?
CDub06
AG
Wow. The big bend area is a mess right now. Alpine & Marfa restaurants are closed because of positive COVID tests or are operating on reduced (weekend) hours for the most part.

I always enjoy Alpine, but I'm glad to be back in civilization to check this place out.

Some cool stuff here.
Wheatables02
AG

Chipotlemonger
AG
Excellent black lager here, think I've mentioned it before. Actually a flagship of Moonlight Brewing, and really well done.

jetch17
AG
CDub06 said:

Wow. The big bend area is a mess right now. Alpine & Marfa restaurants are closed because of positive COVID tests or are operating on reduced (weekend) hours for the most part.

I always enjoy Alpine, but I'm glad to be back in civilization to check this place out.

Some cool stuff here.

Big fan of TCB
CDub06
AG
Very cool place. Beers were all good. The hazy and the Marzen were weird. I attributed a Belgian quality to their yeast. I like weird, so I dug it.

COVID receipts have become interesting. Here's mine from Tall City:

Flight $1.00
Flight Board Rental $11.00
Beer Glass Rental $6.00
West Texican $1.00
62strat
AG
CDub06 said:

Very cool place. Beers were all good. The hazy and the Marzen were weird. I attributed a Belgian quality to their yeast. I like weird, so I dug it.

COVID receipts have become interesting. Here's mine from Tall City:

Flight $1.00
Flight Board Rental $11.00
Beer Glass Rental $6.00
West Texican $1.00
woah.. they skirting alcohol sales or what?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Trying to stay below 50% sales of alcohol so they can be open I would imagine. All of the "bars" in Texas are now largely "restaurants". Buy a basket of chips for $6 and get a beer for $1
62strat
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Trying to stay below 50% sales of alcohol so they can be open I would imagine. All of the "bars" in Texas are now largely "restaurants". Buy a basket of chips for $6 and get a beer for $1
Did Texas close down establishments that are primarily alcohol sales?
First Page Last Page
Page 1568 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.