Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,089 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Jock 07
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My marathon training is completely off the rails during this short trip to the Tampa Bay Area.

Currently at Cycle crushing ridiculous stouts. This is the Rare DOS 1 Year.
AggieOO
Well, your marathon is probably gonna get canceled anyway.
dave99ag
AG
Isn't Virtual racing all the rage now?
CDub06
AG
BCS has assured me it's a go. But if I have hopes for Boston, we're now looking at...2022...maybe??

Pounding 12%s is a step down from the 15% I led off with last night. 99 Bottles in Sarasota is an all time bottle shop btw.
Scriffer
AG

Chipotlemonger
AG
Shop outlets
Objective Aggie
AG

AggieOO
I'm many beers deep and now feel like I need to brew Glitter Piss Stout. Details to come...
Jock 07
AG

DaveHimself
AG
Oldie but goodie celebrating 15 years of my wifey putting up with me.

reesei10

Oregon Beer wife brought back on the plane. Caned on 10/14.
jetch17
AG
Looks like Sigma is changing names/brand

Quote:

Our taproom and brewery have been more or less closed to the public for the past 8 months; something we never fathomed being possible when we were naively writing our business plan some years ago. The time we have had being "shut down" has provided a lot of opportunity to reflect on how our community has supported us, how this entity has changed our lives, and the ways in which our experience with Sigma has continually humbled us, time after time.
If you've ever asked, and many have, about the meaning of the name Sigma, our answer was that Sigma is a summation operator in math. It means "the sum of", and to me and Nick it meant the sum of our lives. Everything we had done prior to that was in service of our dream to (maybe) open a brewery one day. We decided on that name because we thought it would always remind us what the brewery meant to us, no matter where things went, or how things went down.
The reality, though, is that Sigma is a selfish name. We felt that Sigma, and what it meant, didn't acknowledge that this brewery exists because of the community that supports it and the team inside that believes in it. It doesn't indicate that we feel a mission to support and give back to our neighborhood, and it doesn't convey the feeling that the brewery is not really ours anymore, but equally belongs to our staff and our community. So, we decided to change the name, and we landed on Equal Parts, because it does convey all of those things and more.
So today, on our 4th anniversary, we hope that you can share in our excitement for what is to come and enjoy some new beers. And no, we did not sell out. Same ownership, same crew, same brewery.
CDub06
AG
Hit a couple of newer breweries in the Tampa Bay area.

Bayboro has been open in St. Pete for about 6 months now and they did everything really well. German styles are kind of at their heart, but they had a wide variety of beers and nailed them all. Tough time for them to open too. Glad they're making it. Talked to the brewmaster for a bit and he knew his stuff and has a lot of pride in his beer.

Woven Water in Tampa had been open for 10 days and they blew me away. Main focus on hazy IPAs and stouts with a side of sours.The beers, space, and even their branding was top notch. I was really, REALLY impressed. These guys came to play.
Ags #1
AG
From last night. Still drinking great
Jock 07
AG
Ags #1 said:

From last night. Still drinking great

So much better than the vanilla one they did a couple years ago
lne2011
AG
jetch17 said:

Looks like Sigma is changing names/brand

Quote:

Our taproom and brewery have been more or less closed to the public for the past 8 months; something we never fathomed being possible when we were naively writing our business plan some years ago. The time we have had being "shut down" has provided a lot of opportunity to reflect on how our community has supported us, how this entity has changed our lives, and the ways in which our experience with Sigma has continually humbled us, time after time.
If you've ever asked, and many have, about the meaning of the name Sigma, our answer was that Sigma is a summation operator in math. It means "the sum of", and to me and Nick it meant the sum of our lives. Everything we had done prior to that was in service of our dream to (maybe) open a brewery one day. We decided on that name because we thought it would always remind us what the brewery meant to us, no matter where things went, or how things went down.
The reality, though, is that Sigma is a selfish name. We felt that Sigma, and what it meant, didn't acknowledge that this brewery exists because of the community that supports it and the team inside that believes in it. It doesn't indicate that we feel a mission to support and give back to our neighborhood, and it doesn't convey the feeling that the brewery is not really ours anymore, but equally belongs to our staff and our community. So, we decided to change the name, and we landed on Equal Parts, because it does convey all of those things and more.
So today, on our 4th anniversary, we hope that you can share in our excitement for what is to come and enjoy some new beers. And no, we did not sell out. Same ownership, same crew, same brewery.

Interesting. That's great and all, but rebranding isn't cheap, especially during a pandemic.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The cynic in me asks, couldn't they just have kept Sigma and rebranded that name and story to mean the sum of more than just them 2? If it's "Sum Of", then why not just publish how now it is hard to say it's just the "sum of" them 2, but rather the whole brewery and all customers/supporters?

Anyways, back to beer!
Texaggie7nine
Very tastee

7nine
lne2011
AG
Picked this up at HEB today for $25:

https://clownshoesbeer.com/12beers/

Twelve pack of cans, every beer is different and they're each 12oz instead of a bomber. Considering half of them are IPAs and one is a NEIPA, I won't be waiting until December to start drinking these.
jetch17
AG
Today we put liquid paper on a bee .... it ... died

Scriffer
AG
I went as a classy gentleman for Halloween
jetch17
AG
The annual Halloween slamming pumkinators with the (non craft beery) bro in law is going swimmingly

lne2011
AG
jetch17 said:

The annual Halloween slamming pumkinators with the (non craft beery) bro in law is going swimmingly

Well, looks like we found the replacement to outlets in the background.
jetch17
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Badass beer selection!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG

jetch17
AG
Onto some Brash Urban Achiever

Stringfellow Hawke
AG
La Fours
AG
That could be an inlet for some people.
Objective Aggie
AG
Jester King version 1
* * * * Just a warning, I am the worst typist on texags.
Objective Aggie
AG
Jester King version 2
cc10106
Drinking a Live Oak Pre-War Pils. Ran into some the other day after assuming it was all gone in NW Houston. I was looking for bourbon but didn't hesitate to grab a sixer.
Kyle98
AG
Trick-or-treating beers last night.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Kyle98 said:

Trick-or-treating beers last night.

That's an awesome cup. Are you in an artillery unit?
Kyle98
AG
The paint is starting to flake a bit, but I love the cup. I'm at Division HQ right now, but I was a battery commander when I got the cup.
First Page Last Page
Page 1567 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.