Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,276 Views | 62648 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by Jock 07
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Beers to close out 2012:

Pliny the Elder
Knee Deep Simtra Triple IPA
Alpine Pure HoppinessĀ 
Pliny the Elder

Suck a dick.

J/k, happy new year, my friend
Green Fairy
AG
Unrelated note...

Anyone know of good bottle shops in/around the copper mountain or breckinridge area? I'm heading there in two weeks and would like to snag a few things I might not find here. We're staying at Copper. Probably wont be able to convince the wife to make a detour for any places in Denver so hoping to find something decent in summit county.

[This message has been edited by Green fairy (edited 12/31/2012 11:21p).]
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
Beers to close out 2012:

Pliny the Elder
Knee Deep Simtra Triple IPA
Alpine Pure HoppinessĀ 
Pliny the Elder

Suck a dick.

J/k, happy new year, my friend

Same to you. At least the dick sucking part, that is.
jetch17
jetch17
AG
My girls are sick, I'm just mowin through the fridge
BSD
BSD
AG
Crap, that last smiley was for the angry face, not the sick girls. My bad.

We've been partying for the last 9 days so we are chilling at home tonight. Might hit up hay merchant or petrol for brunch tomorrow.
62strat
AG
damn just a whirlwind of a weekend. Friends from Houston came up, our 'drinking' friends.

Late thurs night flight, so we stayed in since it was snowing. Killed a couple belgian bombers and upslope xmas ales staying up until 5am.

Friday was an all day affair, started at Stranahan's distillery at about 2pm (well the pub next door anyway). Shared a whiskey flight with my buddy, then on to a crazy mountain pumpkin beer.

Then on to The Cheeky Monk; ~40 beers on tap, all belgian. Had a St. Feuillers tripel.

Then onto downtown for a quick brewcrawl of Great divide (had the belgian yeti), Breckenridge (vanilla porter), Wyncoop (don't even remember), then to Falling rock to cap the night off with a Pliny the Elder.

Got home about 11pm, crashed hard. Wife stayed sober all day and drove since she blew her load thursday night.

Sat up bright and early, drove to frisco for a 2 hour snowmobile tour near Copper, then back to Dillon for dinner and $2.50 beers at Dam brewery. Somehow managed to kill an entire bottle of tuaca in the hotel room in frisco between 3 of us before heading out in the cold to Backcountry brewery then saw a live band at some other bar. Wife still couldn't hang that night.. 9K' altitude is hit or miss for her, and that night it was a miss.

Sun, slow start, but got to Idaho springs around noon for lunch and beers at tommyknockers. Then drove to downtown littleton, had a couple beers at the old town tavern, then another early night.

Mon lunch at rock wood fired pizza, their guest tap was great divide orabelle tripel, I managed a 22ouncer. Decided to stay in for most of the night, buddy and I took down a growler of tommyknocker amber, st. bernardus xmas ale, bristol tripel, then we decided to walk to the bar across the st for a couple shots at midnight, which turned into 2am, and then 5am bedtime.

Not an ounce of alcohol today, brought them to airport about noon. My liver is thanking me. Wife's birthday is thurs though, another 3 day weekend.

I think I got a week's worth of calories just in beer, alcohol and pizza alone in just 96 hours.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 1/1/2013 7:45p).]
jetch17
AG
Any good beer bars in DFW while up for cotton bowl this weekend?

Anyone been to a joint called Strangeways?
Robert C. Christian
AG
New one just opened up called Craft and Growler that I have heard is really good. All local/craft beers.

Can also look give the Common Table a shot.
defroach
I am curious about DFW as well....I struggled in finding a local beer bar there...I just wanted to try all that DFW had to offer and the best I could come up with was a place in Plano and the Flying Saucers (granted, I was in Addison, and wasn't going into any downtown area).
BSD
AG
I'm staying next to the stadium (and only for one night) so I'm just taking my own drink. Uptown has a few good beer spots: Common Table, Blackfriar, and Gingerman. The Old Monk isn't too far away from there either. Other than that, I'm not sure. It's been a few years since I've been able to hang out up there.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Any good beer bars in DFW while up for cotton bowl this weekend?

Anyone been to a joint called Strangeways?

If any of y'all are coming over to Fort Worth...

Flying Saucer - Downtown

Gingerman - Off Camp Bowie

Rodeo Goat - West 7th

Brewed - Magnolia
Boiled Owl - Magnolia
Live Oak - Magnolia

[This message has been edited by ShockEmAgs (edited 1/2/2013 2:05p).]
army01
AG
Fairly close to the stajium is World of Beers. I haven't been, but have heard good things. If you are around still on Saturday, you can do the Rahr tour.

Outside of those, I do not know. I can give you some decent beer stores to hit up, but that is about it.
streetfighter2012
AG
Has karbach's hellfighter hit stores yet? I've seen a few places have it on tap already. Just wondering if i'd missed the bottle release

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 1/2/2013 6:47p).]
La Fours
AG
CS Specs is supposed to get BB Hellfighter in the next couple of days and next week Karbach arrives in cans all over town.

I don't think you've missed the release yet. And supposedly, Abyss is supposed to clear TABC label approval today or this week.
La Fours
AG
I'm drinking a bomber of Great Divide Fresh Hop Pale Ale. It is really good. Not as good as Enjoy By. But still tasty.
jetch17
AG
No Hellfighter yet, but kegs are going around Tine this week... Soon....
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Has karbach's hellfighter hit stores yet? I've seen a few places have it on tap already. Just wondering if i'd missed the bottle release

According to one of their reponses to a faceboook post it will be released on Monday(1/7).

Sorry...misread...the bourbon barrel hellfighter is being released Monday. Not sure about the regular Hellfighter.

[This message has been edited by Green Fairy (edited 1/2/2013 9:06p).]
BSD
AG
How much for a BB Hellfighter keg? I'd like to have one laying around the house.
streetfighter2012
AG
Thanks for the info. I think I remember reading that this year it will all be bb hellfighter.

[This message has been edited by Streetfighter2012 (edited 1/2/2013 9:10p).]
NColoradoAG

Surly Abrasive tonight

[This message has been edited by ncoloradoag (edited 1/3/2013 2:14p).]
jetch17
AG
The bombers will be BBH. There are kegs of both across Houston now.

Saucer had Karbach tap night tonight with everything they do including the new 'Weekend Warrior' , Frageelay , BBH, pontificator , and others
62strat
AG
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news%2Fnational_world&id=8940645

Yep. Mmmmhmmm. Yep.
defroach
Last nights:

Tonight:

RGLAG85
RGLAG85
RGLAG85
RGLAG85
khkman22
AG
Do any of you let the Double *******s age for a year or so, or do you drink them fairly soon after purchasing?
K Bo
AG
quote:
Do any of you let the Double *******s age for a year or so, or do you drink them fairly soon after purchasing?

I've never aged a DB, but if you're curious you should buy two, drink one fresh, age the other 1 year or how ever long, and compare.
BSD
AG
My pilot buddy had an overnight in Frankfurt and brought back a few beers which we drank last night. Ā I haven't seen the Franziskaner here and have never even heard of the other two, but then again, I rarely drink foreign beers. Ā They were all pretty good.

Also had an Alpine Nelson and a Knee Deep Simtra triple IPA.
IronRed13
AG
Has anybody in the Houston area found any The Abyss 2012? I have not heard anything about it and I'm beginning to sweat that I missed it!
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Has anybody in the Houston area found any The Abyss 2012? I have not heard anything about it and I'm beginning to sweat that I missed it!

Don't think it's made it here yet. I read something earlier in the week that TABC was about to approve it or some such nonsense or another.
defroach
quote:
My pilot buddy had an overnight in Frankfurt and brought back a few beers which we drank last night. I haven't seen the Franziskaner here and have never even heard of the other two, but then again, I rarely drink foreign beers. They were all pretty good.

I have had all of those in the US. Kostrisher is often at the flying saucer in Austin (or it used to be). Franziskaner is available at any beer store with a selection. And Erdinger I believe I used to drink in college. However, I may be getting confused with Erdinger as I did drink a lot of that in Germany.
First Page Last Page
Page 155 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.