Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,602 Views | 62656 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by swampstander
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
steve00 said:

Love that stuff! Currently out of it due to not trying hard enough to find it. Is that a 2019?

Edit - after zooming in on the box, I see it is. Time to step up my Utopias game.

Yup randomly found it at my local BevMo here along with some Logsdon stuff. Apparently they've stepped up their beer game a bit. First time I've been in there since last summer. This was the second to last bottle
jah003
S
All the humans are out of the house. Just me, dogs, Zombie Dust, and some Holey Moley.
maca1028
They put that **** in cans now!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Fresh as hell Blind Pig

jah003
S
maca1028 said:

They put that **** in cans now!
Hell yea. Although I wish they were tall boys. Drinking beer out of 12 oz. cans is so 2016.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Nightmare fuel of a label coming from Martin House, but I'm gonna have to get it when it comes out.
Ags #1
AG

steve00
AG
Nice new IPA from Societe. It is really good. Maybe better that The Pupil.

wessimo
AG
Tavour beer out of Portland. Good amount of flavor for a 4.2 abv.
cgary11
AG
Love hopdrop
Ags #1
AG
Heading to Breckinridge soon. Any breweries or beer shops to hit up?
Jock 07
AG
Ags #1 said:

Heading to Breckinridge soon. Any breweries or beer shops to hit up?

Basecamp for a liquor store outer range for a brewery
CDub06
AG
Tried my first Octopi beer. Had never heard of them prior to seeing them on the shelf at Kroger a few weeks back. I'm impressed.

Squatter's Hop rising Texas Twist was the best beer of the day though. Really nice DIPA and beats the heck out of the original hop rising.
Objective Aggie
AG
Trying to embrace the Pils for summer but I don't think I am a Pils guy. I had plenty of it in Germany recently and it was just ok but I think it's just not my thing.
Objective Aggie
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Nightmare fuel of a label coming from Martin House, but I'm gonna have to get it when it comes out.

Whoa. Count me in!!
Bulldog73
AG
As one who loves several kinds of German beer, PIlz isn't my favorite. It's always fine, but I've never had one I loved.
Mustang1
AG
Outer Range in Frisco
cgary11
AG
First True Anomaly, Brett saison, DH with Amarillo.

Not bad, decent Brett flavor.
Mustang1
AG
Enjoying an evening at Casey in Glenwood Springs.
Ags #1
AG
Thanks
Ags #1
AG
Thanks
CDub06
AG
I miss Green Flash's distribution EVERYWHERE. How the mighty have fallen. They really got me into the palate wrecking IPAs, so it's weird trying their hazy. Which is really solid btw.
cgary11
AG
Digging this
Chipotlemonger
AG
Just a freaking classic. The OG Haze. Love that they can it now!
Objective Aggie
AG
My favorite Spindletap. They may all taste the same but something about this one.

La Fours
AG
I really enjoyed One Love as well. When did you get your can/s?
Jock 07
AG
1st paradox in a long ass time, unfortunately completely flat
Quincey P. Morris
AG
https://www.facebook.com/33328493323/posts/10158721074948324/?d=n

Our governor is a clown.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
For those without Facebook.

AgEng06
AG
I always understood the 51% to be sales of alcohol for on premises consumption, which seems to mean any distributions would not count. That seems like a mistake in interpreting/applying the law here...

Or there's more going on I don't understand.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I take it to mean that he's modified the rules as it pertains to who can be open rather than actually modifying what is legally considered a bar.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Got a little carried away on our trip to Colorado. Shoutout to Mile High Wine & Spirits in Lakewood for their excellent selection and customer service.

Not pictured before consumption was Eddyline Summer in the Citra, Denver Brewing's Juicy Freak, and Bierstadt Helles.

Also had some beers from Cabin Creek Brewing in Georgetown and they blew me away. The food was surprisingly awesome, and their beer was top notch. All set in a breathtaking location.

lne2011
AG
Always follow the money. In the beer world, the vast majority of the money belongs to distributors and big beer. Craft beer took big steps last summer in regards to on-site consumption, something big beer did not like.

I'm guessing this is big beer seizing an opportunity to knock craft beer down a few rungs.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I don't know that I'll ever get over the law they passed to protect small breweries and then exempted the big three from the provisions of the law that did it but made the small breweries jump through those hoops. I believe that was the one where they had to sell their beer to the distributor and effectively buy it back for on site consumption.
dave99ag
AG
Celebrating 7 years with my wife tonight and all that she puts up with. Figured a good choice. Also opened a 7yr bottle of the homebrew I made as a wedding favor. Still carbed, but only a malty taste now.

First Page Last Page
Page 1535 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.