Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,644,075 Views | 62619 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Jock 07
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bummer. Got excited for a sec.
AggieOO
GDC bought name rights and branding only from what I understand.
AgEng06
AG
JK run and follow up beer...

dave99ag
AG
Dat magnum!
jah003
S
Think I've plowed through like 5 different IPA's today. This might be the best.
DaveHimself
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Bmac04 said:

All good man. Happy to spread some love.

Absolutely outstanding. Thanks again! I owe you big time.

I concur, thanks Bmac!

Chipotlemonger
AG
Damn this Pilsner is spectacular. Hook it up to my veins! I for one am SO happy with the Pilsner and Lager Renaissance going on as of late.
MattJaxson
AG
And it survived a tornado to boot!
AggieOO
Chipotlemonger said:

Damn this Pilsner is spectacular. Hook it up to my veins! I for one am SO happy with the Pilsner and Lager Renaissance going on as of late.

Guess I'm not paying enough attention. Still seeing sours and hazy ipas everywhere.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Can't recall where you're located. If you're in Austin you're gold. To start there:

Austin: ABW, Live Oak, ABGB.

Houston: I don't know best pils/lager breweries off top of my head, can anyone fill in the blank here?

Dallas: same as Houston...lived in Dallas a while but that was a handful of years ago.

I think more and more craft breweries are emphasizing not just one lager or one Pilsner, they put out multiple. In NorCal, my favorite have probably been from Urban Roots out of Sacramento. I also had a pilsner from Humble Sea that was just as great as all of their other beer. Just got to do a little searching for the pils, keep looking! Sometimes it may be a one off or not a part of regular brewery rotations, so that can add difficulty.

More heavily distributed: Really enjoyed the Sierra Nevada Summerfest lager last year. I think this year's version has released but I have not searched yet. Lagunitas has a nice czech pils too.
DaveHimself
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Same here. Especially as the temps really start to heat up. I'll add Oddwood in Austin and Manhattan in Dallas to the list that make some great pilsners.
mavsfan4ever
AG
My favorite Pilsner in Dallas is the Manhattan project beer company Pilsner. I like all of the stuff that they've come out with. I think they've moved up to my top dfw brewery. Their IPAs are great too.
CDub06
AG
I had a couple of Italian style pilsners recently that were fantastic! It's not really a style I paid a lot of attention to, but I'm definitely seeking out more.

And of course, haze from last night.

AggieOO
Chipotlemonger said:

Can't recall where you're located. If you're in Austin you're gold. To start there:

Austin: ABW, Live Oak, ABGB.

Houston: I don't know best pils/lager breweries off top of my head, can anyone fill in the blank here?

Dallas: same as Houston...lived in Dallas a while but that was a handful of years ago.

I think more and more craft breweries are emphasizing not just one lager or one Pilsner, they put out multiple. In NorCal, my favorite have probably been from Urban Roots out of Sacramento. I also had a pilsner from Humble Sea that was just as great as all of their other beer. Just got to do a little searching for the pils, keep looking! Sometimes it may be a one off or not a part of regular brewery rotations, so that can add difficulty.

More heavily distributed: Really enjoyed the Sierra Nevada Summerfest lager last year. I think this year's version has released but I have not searched yet. Lagunitas has a nice czech pils too.
i'm in austin. the three you listed have always had one or more pilsner/lager. I agree, they are great, but not sure i'd classify those as a renaissance. Again, maybe i'm not paying enough attention in our covid days...so not saying you are wrong.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Dallas is still somewhat lacking in this area unfortunately which is why I stock up on all the Live Oak whenever possible.

A few locally that I like though are Peticolas Golden Opportunity, Turning Point Jarvis, any of the Celestial lagers. I also like to snag Great Raft Southern Drawl which is a really good dry hopped pilsner. Real Ale Hans Pils is a solid choice too.

wessimo
AG
Real Ale Hans' Pils is one of my favorites and is available across the state.
TAM85
I really like St. Arnold's Summer Pils, and your wife will like it b/c the can is colorful.
AggieOO
TAM85 said:

I really like St. Arnold's Summer Pils, and your wife will like it b/c the can is colorful.
my wife hates pilsners. She drinks IPAs and stouts.
dave99ag
AG
My wife hates IPAs. She drinks sours and stouts.
Chipotlemonger
AG
My wife used to hate IPAs. Over the years her tastes have changed. Kind of got her into more craft beer with wheat beers. This moved onto Saisons and eventually pale ales and IPAs. Her favorite beer for a while now has been Saison, but she loves IPAs now and pale ales, especially juicy hazy IPAs. Also really liked a pilsner recently, which normally isn't her bag.
K Bo
AG
Dang sideways Astral Solar Squeeze
turfman80
AG
This is a great summer beer

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Jock 07
AG
Father's Day lake trip beer run
jah003
S
Front blew through this morning... we've moved into stout weather.

This beer is nuts. You could smell it from the other room. This might be one of my favorite Central Waters beers.
AggieOO
mmmmm, kringles.

didn't realize they made a kringle beer. Those reserve series beers are pretty much all amazing.
Bulldog73
AG
I finally found some Spindletap around here. It's their blonde, and it was amazing. Hopefully they keep it in stock.
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

mmmmm, kringles.

didn't realize they made a kringle beer. Those reserve series beers are pretty much all amazing.

My current CW Reserve ranking:
1. Peruvian
2. Kringle
3. Cassian
4. Barleywine
5. Stout

There's very little difference between all 5 though.
Cyprian
AG
"My cup is full..."
K Bo
AG

AggieOO
Looking at the Austin releases for the weekend and mixed into the 6,000 hazy ipas is a kiwi pils from live oak. That might be worth a drive out to the brewery.
AggieOO
jah003 said:

AggieOO said:

mmmmm, kringles.

My current CW Reserve ranking:
1. Peruvian
2. Kringle
3. Cassian
4. Barleywine
5. Stout

There's very little difference between all 5 though.

You only ranking the top 5 or just the ones you've had? Bc you are missing some from the series. I've not had them all, but almost all of them.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Cheers y'all!
Ags #1
AG
Lets get it
SoTxAg
AG
Had a good flight out at Cactus Land today.
Ags #1
AG
Cant stop wont stop
First Page Last Page
Page 1522 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.