Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,490 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by La Fours
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picked up some atrial proxy for a friend today and it was a total **** show for curbside pick up. Took me an hour to get the beer and I had a set pick up time. For some reason it took the staff like 5-10 min per car to bring the beer out. Not sure if Atrial overwhelmed them or if they took on more than they could handle with orders but it was terrible. I guess it's still better than the old days of waiting in the hot summer sun for several hours.

I was anticipating a quick in and out due to the designated pick up time but boy was I wrong.
dave99ag
AG
The last dab!
CDub06
AG
Strayed from the haze tonight with a few west coast DIPAs

La Fours
AG
Oh ***** How was it?
dave99ag
AG
Lips burned, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I can easily feel the burn 15+ minutes later. She also got me a pineapple one that was delicious!
Chipotlemonger
AG
That beer is great.

Hudson, sucks about the wait time there, sounds like a mess! I know they're working through service with their new systems in place, hopefully they can improve. However, it could also just be the clusterF that is Atrial, and not really like any of their other days.
La Fours
AG
Awesome. I love watching Hot Ones and I want to try the sauce.
dave99ag
AG
We have plenty for a tasting!
AgEng06
AG
That's crazy. I was there Wednesday evening at 7 pm for a proxy pickup (my previous pic) and I was there less than 5 minutes. I was the only vehicle in line.
AgEng06
AG
Also, plowing through some Urban South tonight, thanks to Two Down. The raspberry was my favorite.

FriedTex
AG
Does JesterKing distribute in Houston?
Wheatables02
AG

jah003
S
FriedTex said:

Does JesterKing distribute in Houston?
You can probably find some of their mainstay beers like Noble King, Petit Prince, etc.
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

jah003 said:

AggieOO said:

mmmmm, kringles.

didn't realize they made a kringle beer. Those reserve series beers are pretty much all amazing.

My current CW Reserve ranking:
1. Peruvian
2. Kringle
3. Cassian
4. Barleywine
5. Stout

There's very little difference between all 5 though.

You only ranking the top 5 or just the ones you've had? Bc you are missing some from the series. I've not had them all, but almost all of them.
Yea, those are the only 5 I've had. Looks like there are quite a few more I'm missing.
steve00
AG
I think any brewery who is going to have big distributions on site should go to Treehouse and study what they do. They have all the logistics figured out.

When you show up they tell you where to park, so your car can be your spot in line

When the real line starts, they give you an order form to fill out, so you don't waste time once you get inside.

When you get inside, they have a dozen people ready to help you, plus all the beers right behind them in pallets, so you get stuff quickly.

They even have a system in place if you need a dolley, with rules and instructions. It is all figured out in advance, so it is super efficient.
AgEng06
AG
Happy Father's Day fellow beer thread fathers.
wessimo
AG
Happy father's day!

Found some 6/15 Ghost in LA on the way to Ft. Morgan. Life is good today.
La Fours
AG
Happy Father's Day guys.
CDub06
AG
Happy Father's Day

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Happy Father's Day.
AggieOO
No picture bc I'm a cheap ass, and also lazy.

Having a BBA Full Grown Man from Tupps.
MattJaxson
AG
Still recovering from the share we had last night. Going away party for one of our friends/my birthday today. X and Maman were amazing.

La Fours
AG
In other news, New Republic Brewing is closing for good at the end of the month.
jah003
S
Is this worth the 1.5 hr drive to Fargo...?
wessimo
AG
Stormy day at the beach.

Decent IPA but not quite worth the price of admission.
Topher17
AG
La Fours said:

In other news, New Republic Brewing is closing for good at the end of the month.
Honestly can't believe they lasted this long.
CDub06
AG
If you're in North Dakota, I'm positive you've got enough time on your hands to make that drive.
IronRed13
AG
Stopped by 2 weeks ago while they were tearing the place apart. They made it sound like they were just relocating but hadn't locked in a location. Beers were good but nothing to write home about.
CDub06
AG
Definitely not moving per Facebook:

Quote:

FAQs:
- When does NRB *actually* close? Probably this upcoming Saturday or Sunday. Come out and support us all week, 4-10 pm daily on weekdays, noon next weekend. Stay tuned.
- Is NRB moving? No. Moving is not an option.
- Can I still find NRB beers in stores? YES. Look for us in grocery/liquor stores as well as bars/restaurants for the next few months. We have plenty of beer (thanks, COVID).
- What merch can I buy to support NRB? See our online store at https://new-republic-brewing-co.square.site/ Inventory is updated as of 1 pm today. We only have small and 2XL shirts left. 64 oz growlers can be special ordered by emailing taproom@newrepublicbrewing.com.
- How about beer to go? Bring in your own growler for draft beers. In cans, we have Dammit Jim, Kadigan, Windlass, Marzen, Wolfhound, and hard seltzer. Https://new-republic-brewing-co.square.site/

See y'all soon! Cheers and gig 'em!
Also this:
Quote:

It's sad, but true. Our landlord wants us out by 6/30, so we're throwing a "last call" party this Saturday. Come celebrate the last 10 years with us at NRB's final affair. Buy a pint and glass, and get a $1 discount on refills all day.

If you'd like to support us and help us pay for bankruptcy, please find our fundraising event: New Republic Brewing Co. Last Call Virtual 5K & Celebration. Register for the virtual 5K, and receive cool merch and great discounts on Saturday!
Not my favorite spot, but still it's still sad - especially for the Aggieland craft beer scene.
FriedTex
AG
jah003 said:

Is this worth the 1.5 hr drive to Fargo...?

Personally, I don't think so. I haven't had a Drekker were I thought "this was damn good." It's been more, "I paid 18 bucks for this?"
Kyle98
AG
This is tasty.
Bulldog73
AG
So if I haven't been a fan of the typical IPAs, but enjoy Hefeweizen, pilz, and especially Kolsch, would it be worth it to try some of the Hazy IPAs?
Ulrich
Bulldog73 said:

So if I haven't been a fan of the typical IPAs, but enjoy Hefeweizen, pilz, and especially Kolsch, would it be worth it to try some of the Hazy IPAs?

I learned to like IPAs by going to a good craft beer bar and asking them to help me like IPAs. They had me shotgun the most bitter West Coast IPA they had, then do samples of less and less bitter IPAs, and finally drink a hazy IPA. Worked for me.
AggieOO
Bulldog73 said:

I'd say no, but not an ipa fan either. Tried a few hazy ipas, known to be good, and they were a solid "meh" for me.

That said, who knows. Try a few and see if you like them! Even though I don't love ipas, I almost always try them when my wife orders on i haven't had before. You never know!
La Fours
AG
I was a fan for many years. I liked the beer. It was good, and sometimes they made some great beers. Dean and John were extremely generous and giving. They donated a ton of beer to a charity event I helped organize. It sucks that things played out the way they did.
First Page Last Page
Page 1523 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.