Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,553 Views | 62481 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 62strat
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I REALLY enjoyed the Foudreweizen
SoTxAg
AG
This s good.
FriedTex
AG
Made it to OKC from Sioux Falls - Prarie Ale collab with B52 "Trenchcoat Contraband" - velvety goodness

Jock 07
AG
Ha and that one is 2 miles from work. Funny seeing y'all pull out all the south bay beers
SoTxAg
AG
It was tasty.
Had the wife stop by JK on way back from Austin. Agree with dave99, light easy drinker.
jwag
AG
Berry nice. Holding onto a couple.

La Fours
AG
Since you're in OKC, look for Roughtail Brewing Everything Rhymes With Orange. Awesome IPA.
Objective Aggie
AG
FriedTex said:

Made it to OKC from Sioux Falls - Prarie Ale collab with B52 "Trenchcoat Contraband" - velvety goodness

Huge fan of Prairie Ale

That looks amazing
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hit up RRBC for a STS Pils after some golf this afternoon. Hell of a nice June day!
jetch17
AG
Fcker
big-ag
AG
A little Peticolas tonight. Not with that attitude. Nice break from haze.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Pretty good spot for a great west coast ipa.
Kyle98
AG
Back home, and this is amazing! These guys are really knocking it out of the park.
jh0400
AG
Still one of my absolute favorites.

FriedTex
AG
Damn good to be back in our great state

La Fours
AG
Welcome home!
jah003
S
Successful trip to the local liquor store...
Objective Aggie
AG
Probably my favorite Spindletap.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Bmac04 said:

All good man. Happy to spread some love.

Absolutely outstanding. Thanks again! I owe you big time.
CoachLB
I do not drink much beer. But When I do have a beer I really like the different German beers. Weihenstephaner Hefe And Dunkel. Erdinger Hefe. are beers I enjoy. I found an Ayinger Brauweisse yesterday will try it after a few days getting cold. Any of y'all have a favorite German beer or a craft that is similar. Question? Are Hazy IPAs less bitter? Kind of an IPA newbie. Thanks.
Ulrich
Has anyone tried 5 Stones near New Braunfels? Any thoughts?
Bulldog73
AG
Live Oak Hefe out of Austin is very, very good.
CoachLB
Thanks Bulldog!
Ulrich
German style.

Live Oak has several good beers, and I love the hef and bock (Primus). If you run across Kunstler's Dunkel, i really like that one. Franziskaner hef is really good, so is Squatter's out of Salt Lake City. Weihenstephaner hef is the other one i usually recommend but you have that covered..
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wish I had more of this one. Wouldn't call it a "classic" West Coast IPA, it definitely has some melon fruit flavor and body to it. It's damn good. Love the name and label as I pretty much always do with Humble Sea.
CoachLB
Thanks Ulrich! I have seen a couple of these before. So next I time I see them I will give them a try!
Chipotlemonger
AG
This is a generalization, but hazy IPAs overall are more on the fruity/sweet/thick side and not bitter/crisp.
CoachLB
Thanks Chipotlemonger. The fruity taste sounds good to me. I just do like too much bitterness.
CDub06
AG
Generally hazies are characterized as "juicy" rather than hoppy. You get some of the flavor of the hops without the biting bitterness. We're seeing more of a trend of dry hopping hazies, which does introduce more of the lingering hops on the back end, but generally if you see a "hazy" or "juicy" IPA on the shelf from someone like Sierra Nevada or New Belgium, it's going to be a smooth juicy beer without the bitter. You can definitely find better options from your local breweries, but that would be a start to see if you like the style. It's a very different experience than a traditional American IPA.
Ulrich
Speaking of New Belgium, their 1554 is very enjoyable if you like malty German stuff, even if it's technically a Belgian style.
CoachLB
Thanks CDub! It is the Hopping bitter taste that I am not crazy about. I will give these a try!.
CoachLB
Thanks Ulrich! I like the Celis white . So I would probably like this. I will give this a try too.
Objective Aggie
AG
Gotta be honest. Didn't love it. I used to be a huge fan of Temptress. But this didn't do it for me.
maca1028
Anyone ordering atrial today?
jah003
S
maca1028 said:

Anyone ordering atrial today?
Friend grabbed me a magnum.
First Page Last Page
Page 1520 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.