Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,405 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by FancyKetchup14
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like we need to plan a trip.
streetfighter2012
AG
Blue Angels flyover and now Lunch in the shade. Working from home does have it's perks!

Hudson2508
AG
Wow, wonder if Austin will be getting Lunch. I love that beer.
maca1028

Sigma brewing's parking lot was the perfect spot for the Blue Angels flyover. Grabbed my 4pk of All Together afterwards. Kinda bummed that I didn't snag me some Maine beer while in town.
La Fours
AG
My friend stationed up in Washington at Joint Base Lewis McChord sent me these goodies. The box arrived on Monday. I've had Melvin and Silver City Tropic Haze before and they are really good. The rest are all new to me. I've been wanting to try Crux for years since the head brewer left Deschutes to start Crux. All have been good beers.

Bulldog73
AG
I'm working on a Day Break right now, and while it wouldn't appeal to the IPA lovers on here, it's a tasty beer. I've got to find more of their brews.

It's definitely sweet for a beer, and I can see where they get the identification of a 4 grain breakfast beer.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
That Crux IPA has been my daily drinker for a the last few weeks. Really good stuff.
CDub06
AG
Oh hi.
Wheatables02
AG
CDub06 said:

Oh hi.

Hello Tavour.
CDub06
AG
My first order. Had to get it shipped to my boss' house since they don't deliver here. Been watching hopdrop and still no luck in my ZIP.

Got some running to do this weekend, so I've got to hold off on digging into any of these.
La Fours
AG
Tavour doesn't deliver where? To Texas?
CDub06
AG
Conroe. Houston's last mile delivery company only goes as far north as the woodlands. And out to college station for some reason.
Wheatables02
AG
La Fours said:

Tavour doesn't deliver where? To Texas?
Tavour delivers to me in Texas ...shhhhh
jwag
AG
Yup. Tried that revised copy already, tasty.
La Fours
AG
Ah ok. At least you had someone to ship it too. I just assumed it was ups or fedex they used.
Kyle98
AG
Went to True Anomaly last week and picked up a few growlers based on someone's comment a few pages back (too lazy to go look at who). This is the Phoenix NZ NE IPA. Very delicious.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

This is juicy as hell. Boss Rambler Beer Club is getting some serious hyper around Oregon. This is the first beer I've had from them and I can definitely see why. Canned May 2nd, so super fresh.
MathNewman06
AG
Lunch.
Kyle98
AG
Supposedly showed up in DFW today. I'll have to search it out this weekend.
CDub06
AG
I don't know how their logistics work, but I assume they way they do it complies with local laws since Texas doesn't technically allow beer mail. Plus there was like zero padding in these boxes. It was just a box full of cans & bottles.
dave99ag
AG
What service did they use? A few years back my wife got me a subscription to the Rare Beer Club. They always delivered through Lone Star Overnight. I always had to pickup the box at their warehouse because no one was home to sign and didn't really want to deliver beer to campus.
MathNewman06
AG
Kyle98 said:

Went to True Anomaly last week and picked up a few growlers based on someone's comment a few pages back (too lazy to go look at who). This is the Phoenix NZ NE IPA. Very delicious.

Their IPAs and pales are good, but the stuff that comes out of their foeders is really great, IMO.
lne2011
AG
Are they the only ones in Houston with foeders?
MathNewman06
AG
I can't think of any others in Houston. They're doing a collab with JK, Lazarus, oddwood, and roughhouse of blended foeder beers.

https://instagr.am/p/B_pRBd1ljhL
Kyle98
AG
I got 2 IPAs, the spelt saison, and the raspberry and red currant sour. Only opened the NE IPA so far. Once three open up the taproom again, I'm sure we'll get a group from the office to go, assuming it's before I'm done there.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I got that Phoenix , Go Flight and a Belgian trippel (quad?). Phoenix was my favorite.
Jock 07
AG
more lockdown pool beers

GarlandAg2012
AG
Any Intel on Lunch in DFW?
txag2008
AG
Lonestar had it and 2 other bottles, but sold out very quick.
CDub06
AG
Hackenbarth is the last mile delivery company thru use. I've got a buddy that gets it delivered to his office on campus. But the extensive lettering on the box isn't subtle about what's in it.
jetch17
AG
Go away - baitin ... on the driveway

stamper
AG

We decided on a last minute trip to Gulf Shores. Stopped on the way for some fresh Parish.
jah003
S
It's a perfect hazy...
ChipFTAC01
AG
Went and picked up a bunch of Brash for the neighborhood this afternoon.

ChipFTAC01
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1506 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.