Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,221 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by La Fours
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Fresh Denali is quite tasty.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Fremont always does great *****

This is just a classic old school West Coast IPA. Kind of malty which I'm digging.
wessimo
AG

Picking up some Yellow Rose. One for me and one for steve00. This batch was bottled Friday.
steve00
AG
Nice!
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've never been up to Lone Pint. What's it like up there?
TAM85
2 days old, sweet! I just bought some dates April 13 and thought that was pretty good.
wessimo
AG
They have a decent setup, I didn't realize it is right in the middle of town. There's a conex trailer turned taproom where they sell beer to consume on site or to go (bottles and growlers). For seating there are around 15 shaded picnic tables. For food there is a BBQ trailer, we got the brisket and pulled pork and it was good enough.

Stop #2, since we are in the neighborhood. (Steve, let me know if you want anything). B-52 has a much better venue. It is not officially open for on-site consumption but they aren't asking people to leave as long as they are distancing.

CDub06
AG
I was kind of disappointed by Lone Pint's setup. But now that Reveille BBQ is there, it's a must visit. It's run by a guy that was formerly on the pits at Tejas and is just as creative and good. Seriously Grade A stuff coming out of there.

Oh and yellow rose.
gggmann
AG

ChipFTAC01
AG
Where's that brewery?
gggmann
AG
Gilbert, AZ. It's only been open about a year and a half or so. They have a taproom and do take out.
ChipFTAC01
AG
My brewery that I'm totally never going to open has a logo that in mind looks kind of like the old San Diego Padres logo carrying some steins.
Jock 07
AG
hadn't seen this one before so I grabbed it

Didn't know American Solera was in on the IPA game now, but this one was pretty good. Also saw that it was brewed in CT, is there a second American Solera beyond the prairie spinoff?
txag2008
AG
Seems like Twelve Percent Beer Project (in CT) does some contract brewing for Solera.
jetch17
AG
Mmmmm Happy hops
AggieOO
Gotta give a shout out to Humble Pint in Leander. They just opened up in the middle of all this covid mess, so I drove up/over there and picked up a crowler of all 5 beers they currently have. There wasn't a bad one in the five.

Yard's Done! Blonde - They describe it as the beer you'd grab after mowing the yard. Its a solid, light blonde.
Benny Brown ale - I'd consider this above average
Hillsdale Pale Ale - hop forward, but not a palate wrecker. The hops fade pretty quickly and you get a nice light finish.
Grain Beret Belgian Triple - Malty goodness. Not as "bitey" as something like Devil's backbone
Funbird Hefe - this is the star of their lineup (at least so far). Its no live oak, but its damn good.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks for the feedback. I've been eyeing them, but haven't heard anything about their beers. I'll swing by next time I head over to HEB.
Texaggie7nine
Spent a month up on ABQ last month and rented a car to drive back instead of fly because large SUVs were renting for dirt cheap and I could bring this back with me.

Marble Brewery's Desert Fog is fan f'in tastic. The La Cumbre beers are growing on me.
7nine
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Looks like Peticolas is canning.
CDub06
AG
As the resident snob of New Mexican beers, Desert Fog is a really good New Mexican hazy. I've got my favorite ABQ breweries and La Cumbre is definitely near the top.
Gator_2
AG
Found some Lunch at an HEB in Katy. They had around 30 bottles or so. I picked up 1 of those, along with some Yellow Rose.
Easy come, easy go
CDub06
AG
What was life like before every night was a Thursday night?

A nice intro to Drekker. All three were fantastic, but that BRAAAAAAINS sour... holy crap. Amazing.
Jock 07
AG
Found a kickass store out here in LA if anyone's ever out here looking for a place check out Valley beverage, largest selection, by far that I've seen out here. Picked up a few things the other day to include this formerly known as former future

Mustang1
AG
Which store?
steve00
AG
Next time you go there (after restaurants open back up) go 1.5 miles down Ventura to Petit Trois. It is a french bistro from chef Ludo Lefebvre. The Omelette Petit Trois is the best, richest omelette I've ever had. They have a Mec Muffin and a Big Mec, named after his fancy restaurant Trois Mec, that are fancy french versions of what you'd imagine. The Steak Frites is really great as well. Even the baguette with butter is fantastic - really good whipped butter with salt in it. They also have pretty solid cocktails.

Last time I went was at the beginning of March and I walked in and sat at the bar with no wait during brunch. This is one of the places I always have to go to when I get back to LA.

https://www.lamag.com/digestblog/petit-trois-big-mec-decadent-burger-l/
steve00
AG
Two cases of well-packed Alpine just showed up. Should be cold by this afternoon.

BSD
AG
Old school!

PS I'm not coming to DC in early June. Something about a pandemic or some bull **** like that forced everything to close on me.
Jock 07
AG
Cool thanks for the recommendation I'll have TJ check it out when everything opens back up
Gator_2
AG
The one off I-10 near the Katy mills mall.
Easy come, easy go
turfman80
AG
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
jetch17
AG
Ooh I haven't had WOJA in a hot minute
dave99ag
AG
Where'd you get that White Oak in CS?
ChipFTAC01
AG
What is that White Oak?

Random question, but has anyone hd an issue with Guyanabera (or what ever that Citra beer that Cigar City has is called) spewing when they open? I think every single one of two six packs that I;ve bought this spring have done that. I blamed the first few one being jostled coming down to the beach back in Florida, but the ones back at home have continued to do the same.
turfman80
AG
dave99ag said:

Where'd you get that White Oak in CS?
Grabbed the one 4 pack I saw on the shelf at the Texas Ave. Specs this afternoon. I don't know if there were more in the back or not. Canned on 3/30
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
jetch17
AG
I've had a problem finding fresh cigar city in Houston historically since the rollout - most of it sits around and when I want a good ol jai alai, they've fell off malty AF

just gotta catch the batch waves right
First Page Last Page
Page 1507 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.