Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,483 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You must like beer. Two questions tho. Are you sitting in your underwear in this photo? Not judging, it's your backyard. Well I assume it's your backyard. And what's the wood cabinet looking contraption in the back ground of your picture?
62strat
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Opened a wax sealed bomber, a rum barrel aged Baltic porter. A few things.

- wax seals suck and I hope they die off in usage
- have any of y'all ever had legit rust in or around the beer cap?

Weirdest thing happened tonight. It's a bomber and I was going to use a champagne bottle stopper to have some tonight and save some for tomorrow. Tried putting the stopper on and realized I needed to take off all of the dang wax for it to be able to hold its clamp right. Took all the wax off and sat the stopper down.

After finishing with the wax, noticed the stopper had a puddle of a rusty metallic liquid underneath. Now, I figured it was from maybe the internal back part of the stopper, and maybe just a crummy design to have that happen. But still weird IMO. Cleaned up mess and thought I'd be fine if I rinsed that sucker in and out and used it, since just the plastic part goes into the bottle and seemed just fine.

Poured beer into my glass, put the clean stopper on the bomber, and put the bomber in the fridge. Take the beer to the other room, and I get a metallic taste in the beer! The way the stopper is designed, I highly highly doubt I got it into the beer from the stopper itself....I would have definitely noticed it.

Anyone have something like this happen? Did I inadvertently introduce a small bit of the metallic liquid into the rim area of the beer and consequently get that flavor in my beer, or did the beer cap itself already put some of that metallic rust off? Is this a dumb question?

The stopper is not that old and it hasn't given me any sign of freaking rust or rust puddles forming in it, we only ever hand wash it and don't just dump water into it.
I hate wax too.

I don't know what kind of stopper you have or if you're attached to it.. but these are the cheapest and absolute best stoppers out there.

No metal parts and it never fails. Any type of stopper I've had that was 'mechanical' in nature always failed somehow.. either it broke, or it just didn't work.

$7
https://eckraus.com/reusable-wine-bottle-stoppers-12/

jah003
S
La Fours said:

You must like beer. Two questions tho. Are you sitting in your underwear in this photo? Not judging, it's your backyard. Well I assume it's your backyard. And what's the wood cabinet looking contraption in the back ground of your picture?
Just rocking those tight shorts man. Gotta give the ladies (so... my wife) what they want. Back when our only neighbors were a farm pants were certainly optional.

That is an outdoor TV that I need to mount, but there are no sports so it's kind of pointless right now.
txag2008
AG
Welp....that went quick. The last of NCol's WeldWerks shipment.
NColoradoAG
txag2008 said:

Welp....that went quick. The last of NCol's WeldWerks shipment.

Drink fresh! Haven't met many beers that get better with age.
La Fours
AG
So any of you gonna open up something fun for page 1500? I'll probably use it as an excuse to drink one of the Rare Barrel beers I picked up from BSD.
Chipotlemonger
AG
La Fours said:

So any of you gonna open up something fun for page 1500? I'll probably use it as an excuse to drink one of the Rare Barrel beers I picked up from BSD.
If I recall, page 1000 was pretty nice!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
On Ballast Point, I hadn't looked at the label approval search in a while. They haven't had a new approval since 5/2/2019.
dave99ag
AG
They got paid, no need to make any more fresh beer.
jah003
S
La Fours said:

I'm debating this...
txag2008
AG
Its sad that BOTTLE is probably worth more than a real BARREL of oil.
Hudson2508
AG
So found out I got elected as a shareholder of my firm today. Decided there's never a better time than now to drink my all time favorite beer again....

Cheers beer thread. *********this beer is good.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congratulations Hudson! Cheers man.
maca1028
Congrats on an awesome achievement man!
jetch17
La Fours
AG
That's great news man. Congrats.
La Fours
AG
Hudson2508 said:

So found out I got elected as a shareholder of my firm today. Decided there's never a better time than now to drink my all time favorite beer again....

Cheers beer thread. *********this beer is good.

La Fours
AG
Alright. We all need to chill until tomorrow for 1500.
NColoradoAG
I'll **** with page 1500.
Jock 07
AG
Congrats Hudson, and I have something in mind for 1500
ChipFTAC01
AG
Things got a little heavy for Zoom Muster last night. Belgian Quad from a True Anomaly.

SoTxAg
AG
Watched "Death of Stalin" last night, so a Cigar City Marshall Zuhkov will be in order for pg 1500.
MavsAg
AG
Impressed y'all have been holding onto your good stuff during all this. Gonna have to go on a hunt for some good stuff this weekend.
La Fours
AG
MavsAg said:

Impressed y'all have been holding onto your good stuff during all this. Gonna have to go on a hunt for some good stuff this weekend.
For me, it depends on what the good stuff actually is. There are some bottles I hold on to specifically because I want to share it with people who I know will enjoy it. And depending on the style, those opportunities can be few and far between. Last few years though it's been mostly "drink what want now, maybe save some for later" if the style allows for it.
GarlandAg2012
AG
So when are we getting this party started?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I agree with this sentiment.

Hey y'all is this going to 1500 tonight?

jetch17
AG
I'm starting tequila, but can crack a bottle tonight if necessary
jah003
S
Got 10 posts left if we're going make it happen tonight...

Make that 9.
AggieOO
I picked up stuff from ABW, Whitestone, redhorn, and Martin house today. I can drink to 1500.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I feel confident we can get to 1500.
dave99ag
AG
I just downed a 10% B52 Annyong. I vote tomorrow.

It's pronounced Ann-yong. Don't contribute to going for 1500 tonight!
Bulldog73
AG
I'm enjoying one of their Hefe. It's so good.
La Fours
AG
dave99ag said:

How is the name of that beer pronounced? Any-ong or Ann-yong?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
La Fours said:

dave99ag said:

How is the name of that beer pronounced? Any-ong or Ann-yong?

La Fours
AG
I googled it. I need to start watching that show.
First Page Last Page
Page 1499 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.