Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,785 Views | 62475 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by CDub06
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
What could go wrong...?
AgEng06
AG
Someone said it was stout weather the other day...

wessimo
AG

Surprisingly still has some carbonation.
dave99ag
AG
Swung by B52 for some to-go beers. Their collab with Turning Point, a 10% IPA is damn delicious and way too smooth to just have one.

jetch17
AG
Annyong!
Wheatables02
AG
jetch17 said:

Annyong!
So jealous. Just finished my last Turning Point Falcon today...but my Tavour got here with around 16 different hazy IPAs.
Wheatables02
AG
txag2008
AG
Freaking missed extra point in OT vs tceh...
Wheatables02
AG
txag2008 said:

Freaking missed extra point in OT vs tceh...
stupid imgur isnt working right...will try and repost. this happens to me once a year on this thread.

Robert C. Christian
AG
Enjoying a DR15 tonight. Wife is happy I going through all stored beer since going to the beer store is "risky".
CDub06
AG
Went by B52 on Friday for curb service. Was expecting to see at least one other patron doing their part... nope.

I'm all stocked up on local brews. That Annyong collab is terrific!
reesei10
Just by the way. The Red Horn DDH Barista Theory is awesome. Get some if you can!
Jock 07
AG
welp all the beer stores are shut down here so I'm digging into my cellar which primarily consists of barrel aged stuff. Monkish is still filling growlers but only new ones; so there's effectively a surcharge on each fill, and I already have too many of their growlers as it is.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I know of some breweries here in Cali doing online order and delivery right now. I just got some stuff from Humble Sea in Santa Cruz and they're sending it right to my door. Bet there are more like them that are delivering and not just filling growlers/crowlers and having you go pick it up.
jah003
S
I have to "work" tomorrow. Let's get weird..,
Jock 07
AG
Yea I drove by smog city earlier and it looked like there was some activity going on in there so I need to check out what they're offering. Probably the same thing with the dudes.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The dude abides
Topher17
AG
Have one of those and a Brother Seamus in the fridge. How was it?
jah003
S
Topher17 said:

Have one of those and a Brother Seamus in the fridge. How was it?
I enjoyed it. It's like a sweeter old Rasputin. You can certainly tell it's a 10.5%.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice weekend cap here. Cheers y'all. Have a good week, hope all are well and safe.

Jock 07
AG
I feel a heavy month of drinking coming on
Jason_Ag98
AG
Pinthouse is closing all three locations completely - they had been open for food/beer to-go orders. Hope they can make it through this.
Topher17
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

Pinthouse is closing all three locations completely - they had been open for food/beer to-go orders. Hope they can make it through this.
Actually surprised by that. I figured they would be selling a lot of pizzas right now via Favor/delivery. We got beer from there Saturday and had pizzas on Monday. Appeared at the time they had a pretty decent number of cars in line.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Same here - it sounds like it was more out of concern for their employees rather than a lack of business.
Topher17
AG
Jason_Ag98 said:

Same here - it sounds like it was more out of concern for their employees rather than a lack of business.
Understandable from an employer perspective. Hopefully they are well capitalized and will be able to make it through.
dave99ag
AG
I fear a lot of smaller breweries, like many other small businesses, aren't going to make it through to the other side. My favorite local (B-52) is hoping to manage to-go as long as they can.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I fear for a lot of them as well. Even the best of breweries are at risk right now.

Fortunately some of them are starting to actually let you order beer for direct shipping to your place as a way to stem the tide! Unfortunately, this is not allowed in TX! I ordered some beer from a couple of our favorite Asheville breweries (along with some merch). In Cali, have ordered some beer from a couple of my favorite places.

This is a German Pilsner out of Humble Sea in Santa Cruz. Probably the best lager style beer I have ever had! Was able to get beer shipped directly to my doorstep from them. Wish TX would get with the times.

K Bo
AG
While picking up my last order from Eureka Heights in Houston I asked the lady running my card how the curbside business was going. She said their first Friday of curbside outsold a normal Friday in the taproom! That's great news but sadly I don't think that's sustainable as folks are likely front-loading their purchases.
dave99ag
AG
Since my wife is on travel restrictions, I've resorted to convincing one of her colleagues in Iowa to aid in a Pseudo fix. And I've been informed shipment #2 is on its way.
IronRed13
AG
So hearing a rumor about brewery layoff in Houston, from a big one...trying to confirm
K Bo
AG
since they're closed I'm guessing Karbach?
IronRed13
AG
Independent...
K Bo
AG
damn
MathNewman06
AG
If it's who you're insinuating, they had a pretty huge restaurant staff that's simply not needed now, unfortunately.

Holler was on a podcast and mentioned that they furloughed their staff to make sure they would be able to file for unemployment.
dave99ag
AG
Creative beer packaging!
First Page Last Page
Page 1490 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.