Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,633,471 Views | 62598 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by txag2008
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dude.
BowSowy
AG
Did you eat that whole plate of BBQ and down those beers? Damn dude
CDub06
AG
I need to get up to Zavala's Barbecue. Especially with that kind of spread (beer & bbq)
steve00
AG
Today's brewery - Maine Beer Company

They ran out of Second Dinner bottles earlier this week, but it was still on tap. Glad I got to try it. Dinner bottles were released yesterday, so I got lots of that and some Lunch.
Bmac04
AG
It was legit. They opened at 12 and were completely sold out of everything by 1:30 so get there early.
steve00
AG
It's warmer here, but still freezing at night. I commandeered a cart to check in, and since they originally gave me keys to a room people were still in, I don't feel bad about keeping the cart until tomorrow morning.
BSD
AG
Lots of good **** going down on this thread. I like y'all MF'ers.
BSD
AG
Hey, Steve. I need ideas for a nice dinner or two in DC. I'll be there for two nights, including my bday. Only caveat, my 11yr old will be with me. Oh, and BYOW is welcomed.
steve00
AG
Text/email me your dates and anything you are trying to hit. I have connections at some places that might be cool, but also have lots of trendy/amazing places that I can recommend.
DTP02
AG
steve00 said:

Today's brewery - Maine Beer Company

They ran out of Second Dinner bottles earlier this week, but it was still on tap. Glad I got to try it. Dinner bottles were released yesterday, so I got lots of that and some Lunch.

Lunch IPA from Maine Beer Co is one of my favorites! Wish I could get it in TX.
steve00
AG
Last one - had no idea how huge this facility is.

jetch17
AG
Absolutely murdering it
txag2008
AG
Awesome.

Between that and your other haul, is it all for drinking? friends? trading? Not judging or saying it's wrong in anyway. Just genuinely curious.
dave99ag
AG
That's gonna make one helluva Beer Madness box!
jh0400
AG
Finally going to get a chance to visit SARA in a few weeks.

Also, is there anywhere in Paso Robles worth stopping in? I'm planning to visit Firestone Walker to say I've been but am open to other stops to break up the winery visits as well.
big-ag
AG
Most folks will say Firestone, but you can get most of their beer anywhere these days. Check out BarrelHouse in Tin City. Great IPAs and sours.

And if you're at Tin City, get an appointment for a tasting at Benhom. Great wine.
Jock 07
AG
Never been to the paso location but the buellton location has all the barrelworks stuff on tap if you're headed south. Not sure if the Paso brewery have those or not
steve00
AG
It is 95% for personal drinking for my wife and I. We really like good IPAs. I'll give a few samplers to some people I work with who like IPAs, but just a couple of cans per brewery. I don't have anything against trading, and have traded some in the past. It was always to try to get stuff that was hard for me to get in exchange for stuff that was easy for me to get. These were easier for me to get than most of you probably, but certainly not actually easy, so I wouldn't trade them. We logged about 1,500 miles this weekend through 11 states.

By my estimate, we will easily finish these within the standard 90 day window of freshness, most likely closer to 60 days. Two items that may slow us down - out of town trips where we don't take any cans with us, and my propensity to order other beers. I came back to the office today and opened up a box from RRBC. A mix of PtE and Blind Pig, along with this guy:

Also, a bunch of stuff I ordered from Bine & Vine last month finally shipped today. The timing on that isn't ideal, but once I heard that Societe was now canning The Pupil, I had to get some. Something I learned - don't go beer shopping online after you have already had a few. Much more stuff ended up in my cart than planned.
steve00
AG
dave99ag said:

That's gonna make one helluva Beer Madness box!
I hadn't thought of that, but I guess I'll still have some around by then. Maybe I'll do a mix from both coasts.

Your level of certainty that I am not going to win or place makes me question why I keep participating though.

txag2008
AG
There are definitely worse problems to have than trying to finish top-notch IPAs while they are fresh.

Cheers
62strat
AG
steve00 said:

It is 95% for personal drinking for my wife and I.

By my estimate, we will easily finish these within the standard 90 day window of freshness, most likely closer to 60 days. Two items that may slow us down - out of town trips where we don't take any cans with us, and my propensity to order other beers. I came back to the office today and opened up a box from RRBC. A mix of PtE and Blind Pig, along with this guy:

It's none of my business, but that's 30 beers a week for you and your wife each for 2 months.

I'd be a bloated cow if I drank that much.
boogieman
AG
Had this one Friday. Triple New England IPA.
Didn't get a picture of it, but here's the untapped link. Love the can design too.

Technical Skillset Celestial Beerworks on Untappd http://untp.beer/EGwPP

Soo good. Ended up buying a 4 pack to go.
La Fours
AG
Reading is hard. Never mind.
steve00
AG
I don't know if it is your phrasing or your math that is tripping me up. I calculated 32 beers per week total to finish in 60 days, which is 16 beers per week per person, or 2.3 beers per day per person. That doesn't seem like a lot to me, though I get where others may think it is.
62strat
AG
steve00 said:

I don't know if it is your phrasing or your math that is tripping me up. calculated 32 beers per week total to finish in 60 days, which is 16 beers per week per person, or 2.3 beers per day per person. That doesn't seem like a lot to me, though I get where others may think it is.

That's only ~275 beers.

I count 20 cases there. (counting maine's as a case since they are 22s or bigger) = 480 beers.

So maybe I'm not getting that right.

steve00
AG
Maine bottles are the same size as Pliny, 1 pint 0.9 ounces, so basically the same as all the other tall boy cans. I also took off the 5% I was giving away, so 275 beers is the number I'm working from.
62strat
AG
Second glance I think the hotel luggage cart cases are same as previous page. That's where I'm off. 2 beers a day is perfectly acceptable. Now we can proceed.
62strat
AG
steve00 said:

Maine bottles are the same size as Pliny, 1 pint 0.9 ounces.
16.9 oz is a half liter btw.
steve00
AG
Thanks professor. I'll add that to my notes.

Let's table this discussion and move back to what everyone is drinking. Mine is pretty clear for a while, so I'll cede the floor to those that have new things to share.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Had another Coronado Leisure Lagoon tonight! Wish more breweries would put out hazy pale ales and not just IPAs and doubles in haze.
txag2008
AG
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2020/02/untappds-parent-company-has-acquired-beeradvocate.html
dave99ag
AG
Not really sure what BA brings to Untappd. Are they still relevant? Definitely apart of craft beer history, but that's about it.
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Not really sure what BA brings to Untappd. Are they still relevant? Definitely apart of craft beer history, but that's about it.
I'm like 3 message boards apart from BA at this point... It's a great place to start, until you realize it's run by giant ******bags.
steve00
AG
Couldn't help but post this. At least the glassware is new. Cool ones from Alchemist.
jetch17
AG
Badass
First Page Last Page
Page 1485 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.