Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,192 Views | 62648 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Jock 07
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I know that the Pliny is different. My point is, Pliny the Elder is a world class beer. If you can get that and other great beers any time of year without the hassle, what makes the PtY worth it? Oh, flipping it for some cold cash. I guess saying you got to try it is pretty neat.

I don't mind waiting in lines. It's just the juice isn't worth the squeeze if I'm gonna have to go wait for over 3 hours on a Tuesday for a beer.

We thought about making the drive down, but when we saw the lines that were expected, we said **** it.
Jock 07
AG
Had Younger at Falling Rock a few years ago after waiting in line ~1 hr. Damn good beer but certainly wouldn't personally wait in line for multiple hours for it. Honestly probably wouldn't wait an hour again for it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Walkes up to Southern Grist in Nashville for the first time today. What a great bar with fantastic beer.
jh0400
AG
Southern Grist is great.
ChipFTAC01
AG
****ing fantastic
MattJaxson
AG
You have any plans to head back again this weekend? We live right around the corner from Grist and would love to meet another Beer Threader.
Chipotlemonger
AG
My wife did well, surprised me a nice triple IPA and some other beer for Valentines! She said this particular one is because I "wasn't able to try the other triple IPA this week", ha!

This one is very nice, from Pond Farm out of San Rafael, just north of SF and the bay.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Probably not today. After my wife and I left we were walking back to the house and ran into my brother in law who was walking up to meet us. So he and I went to the bar across the street and a few too many cocktails.

Maybe tomorrow. Will ping you if we do.
Mustang1
AG
Never had PtY. Might swing by this morning.

maca1028
Sigma Nude Tayne tonight.
woods&water
AG
have we had any recommendations for Boneyard Brewery and 10 Barrel out of Bend, Oregon?? If so... ill drink to that!
CDub06
AG
10 Barrel is big in Boise and I've visited their taproom there. InBev owned. They do a HUGE variety of stuff, but nothing that really impressed me much. There are a lot of better micro options.

It's definitely a fun place though (the taproom in Boise that is).
BSD
AG
Somebody in Cali *hearts* me!

62strat
AG
Me too.

But actually he's my neighbor hah. Valentine's Day bottling.

BowSowy
AG
Damn, the guy I know in Cali is a bum that didn't want to wait in line
jetch17
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

Ha! Yes this is true.
turfman80
AG
BSD said:

Somebody in Cali *hearts* me!

Brad, I heard you are setting up a bottle share before the Ags basketball game this Saturday. Count me in!
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
BSD
AG
Indeed I am. Just come on out to White Sands NM and I'll have the TV on and a bottle in hand.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
woods&water said:

have we had any recommendations for Boneyard Brewery and 10 Barrel out of Bend, Oregon?? If so... ill drink to that!
Boneyard is solid. Nothing real exciting, but their RPM IPA is at even the ****tiest of restaurants/chains here in Southern Oregon and a solid IPA to have.
Chipotlemonger
AG
This is a nice pale ale out of Coronado Brewing. Damn good value too for the 6-pack of tall boys. Nice to get some good canned beer that isn't an arm and a leg for a 4-pack.

steve00
AG

Went to Monk's to get a long weekend of beer started, hoping for some Blind Pig and Pliny. They surprise posted that they tapped another Younger keg around 2pm. Their actual younger event was on Monday. Turns out that held all night long. There were no limits and it wasn't super busy. Great time.

Just wish that Double Jack had made it on tap while I was there. Used to be the best DIPA you could get at any grocery store in SoCal before they stopped making it year round.
Mustang1
AG
Haven't tried their Hazy yet, but Coronado Weekend Vibes is Always one of my favorites when in SoCal.
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

Hey now, I played the long game and got to get my Pliny the Younger fix on draft! No line wait either. Bumming it paid off just fine.

(Minus the bottles I would have got and shipped to a lucky 2 of y'all)
steve00
AG

Sip of Sunshine and Double Sunshine - really good stuff. Bought lots of cans.
jetch17
AG
Some hopslam on a sunny Texas Friday afternoon to get the weekend going

Chipotlemonger
AG
Lawson's is so good. Sip of Sunshine is great. I really dig the session IPA they do as well.
Jock 07
AG
Another vote for Lawsons, used to seek sip of sunshine out when it came to CO as part of the GABF drop.
jetch17
AG
Mmmmmm lawsons
Bmac04
AG
Nice day for some BBQ and beers. Also had Pliny the Younger, coconut assassin and some other great bottles

jetch17
AG
My dear lord, that's killin it
steve00
AG

Today's haul. Had to bring them into the room since the high today was 25.
dave99ag
AG
Damn, this page is delivering today. Well done gents!
jetch17
AG
That alchemist/lawsons haul ....
maca1028
Damnit man!
First Page Last Page
Page 1484 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.