Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,188 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Objective Aggie
Mustang1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Happy Hops didn't make the cut?
Jock 07
AG
Am I the last guy who still checks BA ratings? It just seems much more simple to me. Don't mess with any of the forums though.
Jock 07
AG
Also wonder if RRBC will ever update the Pliny label. Maybe it's too iconic at this point. And I mean beyond the minor tweak they did a few years ago
Chipotlemonger
AG
I think it's too iconic
GarlandAg2012
AG
Jock 07 said:

Am I the last guy who still checks BA ratings? It just seems much more simple to me. Don't mess with any of the forums though.
I still check their list, as do many of my friends. I find Untappds rating system to be a little wonky sometimes because there are 20 different entries for a lot of the same beers.
62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

Also wonder if RRBC will ever update the Pliny label. Maybe it's too iconic at this point. And I mean beyond the minor tweak they did a few years ago
lots of those older ones have remained unchanged. SNPA, boston lager, dale's pale, etc.

I was pretty surprised with New belgium ravamped their classic look.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Closed on a house today in Windsor! Tasty little celebratory beer here.

La Fours
AG
That's awesome. Congrats.
Jock 07
AG
Sounds like MN is going through the same beer regulation pains TX dealt with for years, and it's causing Surly to suspend darkness day
jetch17
AG
kickin off another evening in West Texas

CDub06
AG
Since when does Midland have breweries? It used to be a beer wasteland.
jetch17
AG
It's happening, and they're doing it well ... nice new facility with 8 offerings on tap

Still miss just getting hammered on Big Bend brewing offerings out here ... RIP La Frontera
MattJaxson
AG
It's been a crazy week in Nashville leading up to the Grist Anniversary party tomorrow. Can drops have been happening all week, today is Other Half and Equilibrium. 5 hours of 100 breweries tomorrow, not sure I'll survive.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice.
steve00
AG
My west coast beer order just got delivered. Since it is cold outside, they are almost at drinking temperature already.
Bmac04
AG
Had a bottle last week and it was so good I had to get another one. Easily the best batch since 2014.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Name of company used? Do you get to pick the beers?
steve00
AG
Bine & Vine. A beer store in San Diego with a really good selection. They have a pretty solid website to pick out beers, but they don't ship to TX. Craftshack is another place I've ordered from in the past. Not sure whether they ship to TX. If you go to CA, you can pick up your order at the store.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I thought as much. Thought finally common sense broke out and you could shop alcohol across state lines.
steve00
AG
While I may not have congressional representation, I can buy liquor any time I want, including on Sunday mornings, and can order beer, liquor or wine online from any state or country I want to. So far it seems like I'm coming out ahead on this deal.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Well maybe you can hook me up with one of those fancy six figure pooper scooper jobs in San Diego... or is that San Fran??
jgh85Ag
AG
So how is Tavor legal?
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
jah003
S
jgh85Ag said:

So how is Tavor legal?
Im assuming because it's not across state lines.
steve00
AG
While I enjoyed the same reasonable liquor laws in CA, I'm in DC now.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Prairie Barrel Experience is this weekend. Bottle share last night was pretty amazing.
Bmac04
AG
You staying tonight as well? Just got into town.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Great to meet you. See you at the bottle share tonight.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Collab IPA between a couple of great Bay Area breweries, Temescal out of Oakland and Humble Sea out of Santa Cruz. Nice to see some great clear IPAs get brewed in the sea of haze that we have nowadays.
turfman80
AG
Give me clear any day. If I wanted pineapple juice I would buy a large can of Dole's.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
La Fours
AG
turfman80 said:

Give me clear any day. If I wanted pineapple juice I would buy a large can of Dole's.

Ease up on the roundup buddy. You're talking crazy talk.
jah003
S
Ventured out to Jester King yesterday for the first time in years... beautiful day, but the lines were brutal. Want a beer...? 15 minute line. Want some food...? 30 minute line.

Plowed through all 3 of the DDH IPA's on draft. 20 oz. pours meant I didn't have to immediately get back in line. BA Doom Forged was also tasty. Reminded me of Funk Metal. Goats were cool too...

dave99ag
AG
Big Bend South Rim day hike.

Chipotlemonger
AG
First beer at our new home, straight from the can. Damn tasty after a full day of work there. The 1000th batch of beer that Henhouse brewed, so they went with this old school style.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Texted with MattJaxson this morning. Him and his family are well and their home is intact in Nashville. Figured I would post since they have more going and to worry about than the beer thread right now.
La Fours
AG
Thanks for the update. Glad they are ok.
First Page Last Page
Page 1486 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.