Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,671,034 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by maca1028
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need my wine check to bring back some Pliny for me? I mean us? I mean you, but a bottle would be nice.
jetch17
AG
BSD said:

Need my wine check to bring back some Pliny for me? I mean us? I mean you, but a bottle would be nice.

It's happening
BSD
AG
I'll see your erection and raise you mine.
La Fours
AG
It's getting really gay in here.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Is anyone else here a Prarie Dawg? I am about to sign up for my barrel experience but was thinking it would be nice to have other members sign up for different barrels so we could potentially exchange some bottles. This is my first year doing it.
AgEng06
AG
bmac did it last year and shared some of his barrel with the board. His Yabba Dabba-Betes was cacao pebbles, marshmallow and coconut.
GarlandAg2012
AG
AgEng06 said:

bmac did it last year and shared some of his barrel with the board. His Yabba Dabba-Betes was cacao pebbles, marshmallow and coconut.
Awesome. Bmac if you see this before you sign up I'm in barrel #8 so maybe choose something else unless you want to double down because obviously my barrel will be the most amazing
jah003
S
GarlandAg2012 said:

AgEng06 said:

Awesome. Bmac if you see this before you sign up I'm in barrel #8 so maybe choose something else unless you want to double down because obviously my barrel will be the most amazing
Only if you go max pastry stout... Cosmic Brownie, Oatmeal Pie, and Zebra Cake Stout. Call it Little Debbie mother ****er.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I obviously won't get the final say because it's a shared barrel, but I am gunning for a pastry stout based on my favorite cookie recipe of all time:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/brown-butter-and-toffee-chocolate-chip-cookies

Maybe I have a twisted and juvenile sense of humor but for a name I'm thinking Bon Appetit > Boner Petite > Little Dick > "Little Richard"
dave99ag
AG
jah003 said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

AgEng06 said:

Only if you go max pastry stout... Cosmic Brownie, Oatmeal Pie, and Zebra Cake Stout. Call it Little Debbie mother ****er.

Call it The Fran!
AgEng06
AG
Dude! Just saw the TMF tweet about you and your wife. You guys are awesome!

(I won't link it unless you want to though, since it has all kinds of personal info in there.)
dave99ag
AG
Thanks! It was really cool they did a story on us. It was in the recent 12th Man Magazine with Buzz on the cover.

Probably shouldn't directly link, but it showed up on all of the TMF socials today if anyone wants to read. They're doing a thing at halftime for 1922 Fund donors this weekend, so you may see my ugly mug up on the big screen.
Jock 07
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG

Hell of an IPA
jah003
S
Apparently H-E-B has shut down all beer related twitter accounts. *deletes twitter*
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Did they do the same to Facebook?
Mustang1
AG
Porque?
jah003
S
Mustang1 said:

Porque?

From what I've gathered... Mueller H-E-B Twitter beer lady used her personal account to tweet about some bros buying $7,500 worth of white claw. H-E-B gets pissed, makes her delete her twitter account and goes nuclear on every other twitter account. They're all gone or not being used anymore.
La Fours
AG
Not sure. But the stores in BCS always claimed that it was against company policy. Same for Specs. I think here locally, it was due to the fact that the H-E-B beer/wine managers did not care to use social media.
Topher17
AG
jah003 said:

Mustang1 said:

Porque?

From what I've gathered... Mueller H-E-B Twitter beer lady used her personal account to tweet about some bros buying $7,500 worth of white claw. H-E-B gets pissed, makes her delete her twitter account and goes nuclear on every other twitter account. They're all gone or not being used anymore.

That's disappointing. That's my HEB and I would often drop in more than necessary due to her posting new or limited beers they received. I doubt I just drop in as regularly without knowing what's on the shelf.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Just HEB wanting to avoid litigation I guess about customer privacy.

Ironically, I doubt someone purchasing that much ****ing White Claw would want to hide it.
Bmac04
AG
I signed up for barrel #10. Currently we are thinking brownie marshmallow vanilla and not sure for the 4th adjunct.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG

TS Imelda beer.
Jock 07
AG
Bmac04 said:

I signed up for barrel #10. Currently we are thinking brownie marshmallow vanilla and not sure for the 4th adjunct.

Coconut?
Bmac04
AG
That's in the discussion right now. Along with double brownie or walnuts
Chipotlemonger
AG

Pumpkin beer season! This is a tasty one.
HTownAg98
Firestone Walker OakToberfest at Brass Tap's Taptoberfest. Prosit!

Here's today's list. Anything I should make sure to try?
jetch17
AG
Pre-gamin

dave99ag
AG
Lady Dave's recent beer haul from Denver. Think she did a great job. Managed to pack 22 cans and 4 bottles in her suitcase.

wessimo
AG
PSA - various flavors of BBH are in the pick 6 area at Kroger 11th St. I picked up the regular, Mole and Horchata.
texas.aggie.2010
What beer is worth looking for in Grand Rapids these days?

I do plan to hit up the founders brewery
jcbaggie04
AG
Had a good one yesterday... the bruery Vermont sticky maple. Imperial stout with maple syrup. Was sweet without overpowering the actual beer. The 11.3% probably really helped.
SoTxAg
AG
Had that this past weekend, very tasty.
dave99ag
AG
March Madness Beer Box from Lt. Joe Bookman with some Redhorn thrown in from Reesie! Lady Dave loves Ale Apothecary and Crux.

I think we're down to only zephyrtexan and Huggo Stiglitz now.

FriedTex
AG
Decent food too
First Page Last Page
Page 1464 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.