Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,740 Views | 62612 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by dave99ag
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Turfman hit me up yesterday with a couple of cans of hop goodness. Juice Bag from Humble Sea and Hazy Train from Fieldworks. Both were super good.

Thank you sir. I really appreciate it.

GarlandAg2012
AG
Having a little bottle share today

reesei10
Fresh Hop for the game, and wow this is good!
La Fours
AG
Tell us more about that keg/growler looking thing with the Victory at Sea in it. Is that some guy's fancy growler keg and he got a fill of the beer or was that from ballast point?
GarlandAg2012
AG
La Fours said:

Tell us more about that keg/growler looking thing with the Victory at Sea in it. Is that some guy's fancy growler keg and he got a fill of the beer or was that from ballast point?

It's just a growler from GrowlerWerks and filled at What's On Tap in Keller
La Fours
AG
Ah ok. And props for still being able to type a coherent response.
jah003
S
GarlandAg2012 said:

Having a little bottle share today

GarlandAg2012
AG
I'm on my way out. Godspeed gentlemen.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Diggity
AG
Love Fieldwork
Jock 07
AG
spent my morning drinking Cantillon instead of watching the football team play like ***** I feel that I chose well.

AgEng06
AG
Today is the wife's birthday. Celebrating with a 5-yr old Atrial (Blend 4, April 2014).

dave99ag
AG
Thanks, Reesei10!

Chipotlemonger
AG
How does it taste after aging a while? I've got a bottle that I'm currently cellaring.
jgh85Ag
AG
Have you tried Snorkel? I got a sample the other day and all I get is salt water.
La Fours
AG
I enjoyed the couple of bottles of Snorkel I tried. It was just salty enough. Wasn't sure what to expect with the mushrooms but I enjoyed it.
Scriffer
AG
Likewise. I actually avoided it for a long time because it looked too weird, but I enjoyed it when I finally gave it a go.
La Fours
AG
Same here. I don't remember who it was, but someone I trust, gave it a good review. So I decided to check it out.
AgEng06
AG
It's still pretty good. There is definitely more of an acidic taste, but I enjoyed it. That said, I'll probably drink the other one I have fairly soon.
AgEng06
AG
I had Batch 3 (2015) and enjoyed it. I haven't had any of the iterations since then though.
Kyle98
AG
Best Scottsdale-area breweries? We're headed there Super Bowl weekend for my dad's 70th birthday. Some of the guys are playing 3 rounds of golf, but for those who only want to play one or two (or none), I'm trying to put together a brewery-hopping afternoon. We've got an airbnb house near 101 and MacDonald Dr.
CDub06
AG
Only one I've been to in Scottsdale is Goldwater and it's definitely worth checking out.
A little closer to Phoenix is Wren House and it is Terrific!
jcbaggie04
AG
Rec for hopfusion's Feisty Redhead. Here's the descriptor from the sudsmaker:
Our popular Feisty Blonde (orange blossom honey, raw piloncillo and pure Mexican vanilla aged on hibiscus and cherries for a new twist on the original - Feisty Redhead. We all know and love at least one.

At 8.67 ABV it's a stronger little ale, the hibiscus and cherries are a good curveball.
jwag
AG
Macy co-owner at Hop Fusion is good people. I prefer the tejano ale with dressed up rim (think it's a mix of tajin and crack) with a pickle slice.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Feisty redhead is delicious! Probably my favorite Hop Fusion beer.
Matsui
AG
Are there any family friendly weekend breweries to hit up in Dallas? Prefer food and games etc
txag2008
AG
Lakewood, Four Corners are probably your best bet for kid friendly. Next up would be Community, Celestial, then Deep Ellum.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Mid hunt beer.

Plus Oregon in the fall is awesome
FriedTex
AG
Surly triple IPA tonight
Bmac04
AG
Anyone coming to the Bama game?
La Fours
AG
I'll be around.
Bmac04
AG
I'll be at the same spot as always and will have plenty to open
La Fours
AG
Perfect. It's stumbling distance from my spot. What time do you think you'll get out there?
jah003
S
Bmac04 said:

Anyone coming to the Bama game?

I'll be there. Probably won't leave the tailgate though. Anyone is more than welcome to swing by. I know I essentially tailgate in Canada.
La Fours
AG
if you come hang out with me and bmac for just a bit I'll give you my Spotted Cow coozie. But you will have to text me to remind me to grab it.
First Page Last Page
Page 1465 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.