Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,994 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by SoTxAg
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I picked some up this week. It's ok.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Crux Half Hitch IPA

Great stuff. A little strong at 9.5%.
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Nobi has a pretty impressive bottle selection of Bishops Barrels that you can take to go. Having a little Gindeavor this evening.
SoTxAg
AG
Stopped by the 504 Bottle Shop in New Orleans. Picked up a few things i havent sampled before from Public Access brewing and Equilibrium brewing, plus some stuff from louisiana based breweries (Parish, Great Raft, Urban South). Chandeleur's Love Bug was pretty good too. Good time.
lne2011
AG
reesei10 said:

Anyone get some of this chunky Real Ale Skullberry?

It tastes great and pours real clear until the end. I think they have some work to do on this style.

I'll be honest, I was extremely disappointed in this beer. I bought a 6 pack, 1st beer had the chunks in it like yours. I looked on Untappd and saw the same thing. I ended up giving the other 5 away.

This beer is nowhere close to a milkshake IPA. I can understand why it was $8.99 for a 6 pack. To keep the price point so low they added small amounts of lactose, strawberries and hops. If they had done the style correctly then the 6 pack would of been in the $10-$14 range.
Redstone
AG
TAM85
We will be in Seaside, FL for thew next week, anyone have a suggestion for where to buy craft beers in the area and what to try? thx
Mustang1
AG
Wine World had a good selection. In Destin I think.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Any of you Houston guys on the Beer Tasting Houston Facebook page? Pretty solid group without much drama.
Kyle98
AG
Headed to Fort Leavenworth, KS for a couple of days next month for a briefing. Other than Boulevard, what's worth visiting in KC?
turfman80
AG

Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
CoachLB
We just got to Denver after going to Jackson Hole, Yellowstone etc. We are catching the dodgers - Rockies game. Stopped by Rocky Bottom brewery. Pretty good.
Robert C. Christian
AG
CoachLB said:

We just got to Denver after going to Jackson Hole, Yellowstone etc. We are catching the dodgers - Rockies game. Stopped by Rocky Bottom brewery. Pretty good.

Stopping by Falling Rock?
CoachLB
Robert C. Christian said:

CoachLB said:

Stopping by Falling Rock?
. Sorry. Rock Bottom Brewery.
jetch17
AG
Go to Falling Rock .... mmm Falling Rock
CoachLB
jetch17 said:

Ok. Thanks.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Matchless Hazy IPA in a very Oregon glass.

It's kind of funny that none of the breweries up here in the PNW call it a New England IPA.
Jock 07
AG
Kyle98 said:

Headed to Fort Leavenworth, KS for a couple of days next month for a briefing. Other than Boulevard, what's worth visiting in KC?

The one time I tried to go they were closed pouring at a festival but always wanted to try BKS. That'd be my recommendation
DallasAggie2012
AG
Meant to post this before I left the country for a while but forgot. This was the box I got from Streetfighter. Fantastic box with a bunch of goodies from Half Acre, Brash, Eureka Heights and 11 Below. I hadn't tried any of these beers before this box, and I've been impressed with all of it that I've tried before. Super generous box again!

Drinking the Brash Nice Things right now and it's excellent. Also, I can't get the picture in the post on mobile to save my life. I gave up and went back to my beer.
Two Down
AG
Well if anyone from Austin is going to be in Houston area soon, I'd be willing to trade some of the recent Spindletap releases for ABW Einhorn variants or pay $ + thank you beers.
AggieOO
Don't post much on here these days, mostly bc the less I'm on this thread, the less I drink.

Anyway, had a few hours to kill in Minneapolis, so I hit up surly. I have my dogs with me, so can only hang out outside, but this place is great...and lots of eye candy.
maca1028
CoachLB said:

jetch17 said:

Ok. Thanks.

Seconded, and thirded. Falling Rock is the shiznit!
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

Don't post much on here these days, mostly bc the less I'm on this thread, the less I drink.

Anyway, had a few hours to kill in Minneapolis, so I hit up surly. I have my dogs with me, so can only hang out outside, but this place is great...and lots of eye candy.
Surly is awesome... I just wish it wasn't so far out of town. Downtown you can hit like 5 or 6 breweries and they are all walking/stumbling distance.
AggieOO
I only had enough time to hit one place, so figured surly was my best bet. Picking the wife and baby up at the airport shortly. Heading to northern Wisconsin tomorrow.
dave99ag
AG
I was wondering if the family was with you. Surly is a good stop, but like jah said there are better ones in town. Enjoy the cooler temps!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Surly is ****ing awesome.
Dangerous Man and Fulton were my favorite MSP breweries.
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

I was wondering if the family was with you. Surly is a good stop, but like jah said there are better ones in town. Enjoy the cooler temps!

I drove with the dogs. Dropped my mom off at my aunt's place in Wichita yesterday. Drove solo with the dogs to Minneapolis. Tomorrow, we all go to the in-laws. Was in everyone's best interest for KT to fly with the baby this time. She's out of the sleeping all the time stage.
Kyle98
AG
Jock 07 said:

Kyle98 said:

The one time I tried to go they were closed pouring at a festival but always wanted to try BKS. That'd be my recommendation

Looks like they're only open on weekends. I'll be there Tuesday and Wednesday nights only. I'll see if I can find some of their beers in a store to bring home, though.
FriedTex
AG
I just moved up to South Dakota and Fair State Coop is my favorite new brewery out of MN

https://fairstate.coop/
Chipotlemonger
AG
Where are you at in SD?
Redstone
AG
Thank you for the stars. I have more pics on my phone and should be able to contribute periodically.
FriedTex
AG
Sioux Falls
Chipotlemonger
AG
Good little town. Sure you're already scoping out the beer scene or have done so... I enjoyed Fernson there, but if I had to go to just one place it would be WoodGrain Brewing downtown.
FriedTex
AG
They are both great - gastropub on the north side called Bread and Circus has a great rotating craft taps and has been a solid guide for me

Toppling Goliath and Drekker have been awesome additions too. Moving here from Indy (Sun King, Taxman, Three Floyd's, etc) I was worried there would be less options. Glad 'merica is full of drunks
Kyle98
AG
Aurelian Lure Batch 4 and Calvados barrel aged Aurelian Lure side by side. I like the BA version a lot.

First Page Last Page
Page 1451 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.