Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,411 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by La Fours
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dis good!

DallasAggie2012
AG
Always love the Bruery stuff! The Stillwater DIPA was awesome that you sent. The offshoot stuff that is from the bruery is great too. Really digging it.
jah003
S
Whatever you were doing/drinking during the baseball game... do it again tonight.
Hudson2508
AG
That was insanity!
jetch17
AG
Ghost & grillin steaks

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Had no idea about the weird ass Utah beer laws. So beers above 4% can't be served from the tap and only from a bottle? Makes zero sense to me, but I just had two Hazy IPAs that tasted nothing like An ipa.
lne2011
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Had no idea about the weird ass Utah beer laws. So beers above 4% can't be served from the tap and only from a bottle? Makes zero sense to me, but I just had two Hazy IPAs that tasted nothing like An ipa.

There are some quirky beer laws out there. I know Oklahoma has/had some weird laws, based on the ABV of a beer it could go into the cooler or had to stay out of the cooler.

Then there's this new legislation being proposed in New Jersey:
CDub06
AG
Utah has some weird laws, but they're loosening. Last year, they got rid of the "Zion Curtain" that had to shroud where alcoholic beverages were made in restaurants.

I thought it was weird the first time I went to SLC and visited Epic brewing that everything was being poured out of a bottle rather than the tap.
jah003
S
The Einhorns have landed in Austin. Plenty at Lakeline right now. My beer guy told me a total of 400 cases were made, he got 45.
jah003
S
Einhorn flight on the first official day of summer...

My flavor ranking...
1. Ginger Lime... tastes like a Moscow Mule. Refreshing and Delicious.
2. Tropical... straight Pina Colada. Also delicious.
3. Sour Cherry... it is what it is... cherry.
Jock 07
AG
I suppose one positive thing about having to move to LA is that I'll be able to replenish my stock of all the 'tions.

Speaking of which, I'm going to stop off in Glenwood on the drive out and spend a Saturday there. I plan on hitting up Casey while I'm there. Any pro tips for someone who hasn't been yet? Is it still pretty popular/crowded?
Jock 07
AG
Well **** me, looks like they're not even open on the Saturday that I'm going to be driving through. **** **** *****

Maybe I should just stop off in Breck or Vail instead, I'm trying to get to Moab at a decent time Sun though. 1st world problems I suppose.
AggieStout
AG
3 year Anniversary

AggieStout
AG
Bovine outline
maca1028
Any tine folks had SA grand cru yet? I'm wondering if it's worth the price of admission.
lne2011
AG
Just finished one and I'll say, it's worth a try. I think the Russian Imperial Stout dominates the other two. But, overall not bad.
BSD
AG
Maui beverage

Beer provided by the legendary Steve00.
jetch17
steve00
Jock 07
AG
Plastic cup like a baws
La Fours
AG
Awesome
DonaldFDraper
AG
Going to Maui next week. Any recommendation?
BSD
AG
DonaldFDraper said:

Going to Maui next week. Any recommendation?

I probably do. What's your plan so far?
DonaldFDraper
AG
Great question. My wife and I are flying to the Big Island on Saturday for 3 days/nights then meeting her family for 4 days/nights in Maui. First time to Hawaii for me.
BSD
AG
So on the big island, go swim with the Manta Rays off Kona. Probably in the top 3 things I've ever done. Make it top 2, tied with swimming with whale sharks. We used seaparadise.com. Also snorkel at Captain Cooks monument.

For Maui, hit up Ku'au Bay Beach Park just past Paia town but before Mama's Fish House. There are sea turtles on beach. Lots of turtles. So many turtles. I counted 27 at one time and there were even more swimming around our feet in waist deep water.

You don't have a lot of time on the island. Where are you staying? I'll try to narrow down a thought or two.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Thanks! On the Big Island, we're staying at The Westin Hapuna Beach. We'll have a rental car. I've heard good things about Volcanoes National Park and Captain Cooks / Kealakekua Bay. We'd like to do some easy to moderate hiking as well.

In Maui, we're staying at Hale Kai Oceanfront Condominiums. We have a snuba excursion booked one day (https://www.teralani.net/Maui-Snorkel-Trips/premier-bbq.htm) and a Luau our last night (https://www.feastatlele.com/)
dave99ag
AG
You know what I like about the Beer Thread, it's also a great travel thread too. Apparently us beer drinkers enjoy to travel!
BSD
AG
DonaldFDraper said:

Thanks! On the Big Island, we're staying at The Westin Hapuna Beach. We'll have a rental car. I've heard good things about Volcanoes National Park and Captain Cooks / Kealakekua Bay. We'd like to do some easy to moderate hiking as well.

Volcano NP was very very cool. When we went it was right before the eruption and there were huge lava lakes. But I think those emptied during the eruption. We did a 4 mile hike down into an old caldera that was cool. It was just past the lava tubes. The steam vents are cool too. Go early and you'll have it all to yourself. You'll be up early anyways. Captain cook is a great spot to snorkel. There may be dolphins. And I'll reiterate the Manta swim as being incredible.

DonaldFDraper said:

In Maui, we're staying at Hale Kai Oceanfront Condominiums. We have a snuba excursion booked one day (https://www.teralani.net/Maui-Snorkel-Trips/premier-bbq.htm) and a Luau our last night (https://www.feastatlele.com/)

Since you're on the Ka'anapali side of the island, Honolua Bay supposedly has good snorkeling. We're going there later today after the weather clears. The tip of Black Rock has good snorkeling on the Sheraton side. Several turtles hang out in the canyon just as your round the corner from the beach. Saw several eels too. To make it beer related: Maui Brewing Co has a nice brewpub up here too.

And good news/bad news on your lodging.:

Bad news: last week a guy got killed by a tiger shark about 60 yards off the beach there.

Good news: apparently lots of large fish to see while snorkeling 60 yards off the beach there.
dave99ag
AG
Beer mail! Thanks, jah!!! I didn't know New Glarus canned Spotted Cow.

jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Beer mail! Thanks, jah!!! I didn't know New Glarus canned Spotted Cow.

Glad everything made it!

Last year when we were in WI I noticed they had started canning. It's basically the Bud Light of WI... gotta put it in cans.
dave99ag
AG
Stickers already on the fridge.

Canning is the way to go these days. Glad to see they realized they could probably sell more this way.
Jock 07
AG
So just found a place to live in LA when we move out there at the end of the month. Wanted to get opinions on breweries/bars/liquor stores in the area. We'll be in Torrance across from Charles Wilson park near old town Torrance. Looks like smog city and the dude are the closest breweries on google maps. Any resident knowledge on these places?
dave99ag
AG
If you're going to live in Torrance, Monkish is a must. I believe it's right by Smog City. Great, great beer at Monkish.
Jock 07
AG
Sweet didn't realize that they were so close to where we'll be.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Awesome. Thank you!
First Page Last Page
Page 1447 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.