Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,245 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$20/4pk
lne2011
AG
Not as bad as I would've expected.
jh0400
AG
That brewery uses a lot of expensive hops and adjuncts. It's owned by a couple of surgeons who apparently have no issue dumping a ton of money into the brewery.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Watching Bucks/Celtics. First beer in a while.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Switched to Lone Star for this Rockets game because ya boy is stressed.
AggieStout
AG
jh0400 said:

That brewery uses a lot of expensive hops and adjuncts. It's owned by a couple of surgeons who apparently have no issue dumping a ton of money into the brewery.

Dang. I didn't know this. Good to know and great for us. I wouldn't mind getting to that level of having enough money to start my own brewery and having it make all the beer that I like. Those be the days.
jetch17
AG
Nice to see some fresh(er) Jai Alai hitting shelves in Tine. Picked some up for the afternoon (now in cardboard sixers) and was happy to see an actual April date canning, rather than a 3 month old malty pissbomb
jah003
S
jetch17 said:

Nice to see some fresh(er) Jai Alai hitting shelves in Tine. Picked some up for the afternoon (now in cardboard sixers) and was happy to see an actual April date canning, rather than a 3 month old malty pissbomb
It's brewed at Oskar Blues right...? I've yet to see anything fresher than 6 months in Austin... makes no sense.
dave99ag
AG
I wouldn't be shocked if there was some dumbass Texas law that says they have to ship it back to Florida before being able to sell it in Texas.
Wheatables02
AG
jah003 said:

jetch17 said:

It's brewed at Oskar Blues right...? I've yet to see anything fresher than 6 months in Austin... makes no sense.
Cigar City Brewing in Tampa, FL
jah003
S
Wheatables02 said:

jah003 said:

jetch17 said:

Cigar City Brewing in Tampa, FL
Yep. They were supposed to be contract brewing out of Oskar Blues in Austin. Pretty sure they are now. I want fresh Jai Alai dammit!
Jock 07
AG
Finally got my bottles tonight courtesy of street fighter dropping them off to me this afternoon, preciatecha. This really did turn out well
AggieStout
AG
dave99ag said:

I wouldn't be shocked if there was some dumbass Texas law that says they have to ship it back to Florida before being able to sell it in Texas.

Haha. Would sound about right with our laws.
jetch17
AG
Offshore fishing trip got weather delayed... so turned it into a little midweek staycation down in galvy

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
San Luis
CoachLB
Hey guys! First time to post here, but i enjoy reading here. I have never been much of a beer drinker. But in the last year or so i have started to enjoy a craft beer every now and then. I enjoy beers like the Celis White. i have a beer glass question. Looking for a tulip beer glass. I see some 4 glass sets for 10 dollars. And the Spiegelau tulip glass 4 set for about 40 dollars. i know you get what you pay for. But just looking for some experienced opinions. thanks.
turfman80
AG
Go with the cheap set and spend your money on the better beers.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
CoachLB
ok. thanks.
dave99ag
AG
Or do what I've done and buy cool glassware at the various breweries you visit. Eventually it'll be the only glassware you have. Well beer glasses and Aggie football plastic cups.
CoachLB
Haha, that is so true! i have more Aggie football plastic cups than I can count!
jah003
S
When I first got into beer I bought a set of every type (tulip, snifter, etc). The only one I still ever use is the large snifter. That's all I would buy honestly. As dave said... fill in the rest of your collection with brewery glasses. The Willi style has been my go to lately.
CoachLB
Thanks!
La Fours
AG
Dave, turfman and jah have given great advice. Welcome to the thread.
CoachLB
Thanks! And i do appreciate all the help.
BSD
AG
I don't think I have one glass that isn't from a brewery. Lots of good stories in that cabinet. I can even remember a few of them.

And welcome to the thread.
CoachLB
haha! i am a light-weight, one is my limit! And thanks for the welcome!
turfman80
AG
BSD said:

I don't think I have one glass that isn't from a brewery. Lots of good stories in that cabinet. I can even remember a few of them.

And welcome to the thread.
???
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
lne2011
AG
Where are you located at? If you live close enough I could pawn off... I mean, give you some.
CoachLB
Haha. Houston area. But i'll go ahead and buy mine.
SoTxAg
AG
If you find a cool glass you like, buy two, if you're anything like me you'll break one placing it in the kitchen sink or knocking it off the coffee table, so good idea to have a back-up.
CoachLB
yeah, good idea. Sounds like something I would do.
BSD
AG
turfman80[img said:

[/img] ???

My ass bone still hurts from that trip!

(I fell on ice, you sickos!!!!)
dave99ag
AG
BSD said:

Agreed. My absolute favorite glass is one I procured from Beer Geek in Prague. I only brought one back and I will cry a little bit if it ever breaks. I always try to pickup at least one cool glass when I travel.

That and stickers for the beer fridge. So many stories there too.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
SoTxAg said:

If you find a cool glass you like, buy two, if you're anything like me you'll break one placing it in the kitchen sink or knocking it off the coffee table, so good idea to have a back-up.

That or a child or dog will take one out.
AgEng06
AG
I think I've enjoyed every Prairie stout I've had...

First Page Last Page
Page 1439 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.