Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,661,535 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by maca1028
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ranger #007 said:

SoTxAg said:

If you find a cool glass you like, buy two, if you're anything like me you'll break one placing it in the kitchen sink or knocking it off the coffee table, so good idea to have a back-up.

That or a child or dog will take one out.

At first glance, I thought you were saying it was good to have an extra kid or dog as a backup in case you break the first one.
Jock 07
AG
Ranger #007 said:

SoTxAg said:

If you find a cool glass you like, buy two, if you're anything like me you'll break one placing it in the kitchen sink or knocking it off the coffee table, so good idea to have a back-up.

It was a wife in my case. Supposedly "accidentally" day after I brought home my darkness glass
jah003
S
Jock 07 said:

Ranger #007 said:

SoTxAg said:

It was a wife in my case. Supposedly "accidentally" day after I brought home my darkness glass

La Fours
AG
So you're on to a different wife now?
Jock 07
AG
La Fours said:

So you're on to a different wife now?
that would certainly be the logical conclusion wouldn't it
La Fours
AG
Wheatables02 box was delivered today, courtesy of Robert C. Christian and MattJaxson. I hope there was a freight charge. He killed it with the selection. Several IPAs, sours and stouts. Plus a BA saison that looks awesome. And now I know what I'm drinking Sunday night.

I'm super excited. These are all beers I have not had before.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
That dinglebop is good *****

Nice box!
dave99ag
AG
Then they dropped off their boxes at my house. Thanks to MattJaxson and Robert C. Christian! I haven't had any of these yet!

Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome, Southern Grist makes quality stuff. I just picked up some crowlers the other day. Will let you know when I ship.
La Fours
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

That dinglebop is good *****

Nice box!

You're right. It is good *****

With me going back to work at 6, I figured I'd have one beer. Got it chilled in a bucket of ice and water. Drinking great.
dave99ag
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Awesome, Southern Grist makes quality stuff. I just picked up some crowlers the other day. Will let you know when I ship.
I became a fan when we visited a few years ago on y'alls recommendation. Very tasty beers!
jah003
S
I need that Flavortown sticker in my life...
La Fours
AG
jah003 said:

I need that Flavortown sticker in my life...

Same
dave99ag
AG
Come over for beers and you can see it on my fridge.
Jock 07
AG
Drinking an old 4 noses ipa (canned Nov last year) but still pretty damn good. Got a heddy topper brewed about the same time from my brother over the weekend that I opened and it was a malt bomb.
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://www.brewbound.com/news/as-rumors-of-financial-woes-persist-celis-brewerys-future-remains-uncertain

Interesting news on Celis. To the guy who just got on the thread and mentioned Celis White as his go to, you may want a back up plan.
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Come over for beers and you can see it on my fridge.

reesei10
Chipotlemonger said:

https://www.brewbound.com/news/as-rumors-of-financial-woes-persist-celis-brewerys-future-remains-uncertain

Interesting news on Celis. To the guy who just got on the thread and mentioned Celis White as his go to, you may want a back up plan.

Well da**! I loved their white too! I guess that is why Cigar City isn't being made there.
jah003
S
Get on it Cedar Park homies...
https://red-horn-coffee-house-and-brewing-co.myshopify.com/
AgEng06
AG
In. Thanks for the heads up!
CoachLB
Chipotlemonger said:

I guess i better go stock up! The day before JFK signed the Cuban Embargo he sent his press secretary out to buy all the H Upman cuban cigars he could fine. i guess I will be out searching for Celis White this weekend!
AgEng06
AG
Any of you Beer Threaders going to Redhorn today or this weekend to get some Ninja?
jah003
S
AgEng06 said:

Any of you Beer Threaders going to Redhorn today or this weekend to get some Ninja?
I'm going to swing by after work today to grab mine. Probably won't stay for long though.
Kyle98
AG
Headed up to Vancouver on Sunday for a couple of nights pre-Alaskan cruise. Anyone been to downtown area have brewery recs? We're doing an organized tour that hits 2 and a distillery, but looks like there are several more to choose from.

I think I asked before, when it was further out, but I'm too lazy to click back through now that it's almost here.
AgEng06
AG
Cool. I'm going to be there around 4 or so, but will likely have the wife and kids in tow. Any idea how crowded it might be, or how long it might take to pick up the pre-orders?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
We did Parallel 49 and Powell when we were there. Both great. Parallel 49 is one of the bigger ones. Don't venture much further east than Parallel 49, as East Hastings is pretty damn nasty and sketchy.

Our favorite beer bar was the Alibi Room.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Operation: Clean out the beer fridge for Oregon, has begun. Trying to get rid of as many of my beers as possible so they don't have to sit on the moving truck in the heat.
dave99ag
AG
So effing good!

reesei10
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Operation: Clean out the beer fridge for Oregon, has begun. Trying to get rid of as many of my beers as possible so they don't have to sit on the moving truck in the heat.

You can always drop some off here, would be glad to help you out!
CDub06
AG
You need helping packing?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Are there any Texan breweries that have made their stake in Belgians?
jh0400
AG
Adelbert's?
La Fours
AG
That's a good question. I don't know of any that are focused on Belgians or who's flagship beer is a Belgian. Deep Ellum does a seasonal quad that's really good. Real Ale has Devils Backbone trippel. Nothing comes to mind for dubbels or goldens.
La Fours
AG
jh0400 said:

Adelbert's?

Good call. I had forgotten about them. Did they reduce their distribution? I have not seen them on shelves or tap lists in bcs for a couple of years now.
ChipFTAC01
AG
jh0400 said:

Adelbert's?

Good call.

My latest grand vision is that I open a neighborhood brewpub called Friar Tuck brewing that specializes in Belgians. Something different in the market and ties to our neighborhood (Nottingham Forest).
First Page Last Page
Page 1440 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.