Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,645,542 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
wessimo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great beer and amazing venue at Patagonia Ceveceria near Bariloche Argentina.

The only sad thing is that it is owned by Quilmes, part of the AB evil empire.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I'll be there next month! Can't wait!
wessimo
AG
Enjoy! There are plenty of beer options around. Hopefully you are staying in town or have a driver.
Connd
reesei10
Wife found some beer! Live Oak Gold is damn good!
Jock 07
AG
Been quite a while since I've had one of these. Also have a pig in the fridge as well

bushytailed
AG
No pic, but I had a Hop Fusion Coco Anejo last night that was pretty damn tasty. It's a coconut milk stout - notes of roasted hazelnut, dark chocolate, and toffee, then aged on roasted coconut.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Opened up a Yabba Dabba-Beetus tonight and hot damn that's a tasty beer. I wondered how that chocolate rice cereal would be and it was perfection. Thanks again Bmac. You guys crushed it with the beer.
ElectricAg13
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

Opened up a Yabba Dabba-Beetus tonight and hot damn that's a tasty beer. I wondered how that chocolate rice cereal would be and it was perfection. Thanks again Bmac. You guys crushed it with the beer.

Amazing Bmac. I got to benefit from DallasAggie and tried to get him to open the other. It was delicious. Nice work!
Bmac04
Wheatables02
AG
bushytailed said:

No pic, but I had a Hop Fusion Coco Anejo last night that was pretty damn tasty. It's a coconut milk stout - notes of roasted hazelnut, dark chocolate, and toffee, then aged on roasted coconut.
I've got 5 more you can have in DFW if you want. It's not for me and I'll just give them to someone who wants to try it.
reesei10
Made it to Red Horn!
Hudson2508
AG
Aurelian on tap is pretty awesome.
reesei10

It was unexpected,awesome, and expensive. Also the collaboration with JK was great. Both versions were unique and fantastic in their own way.
They also gave RU55 and Black Metal!
txaggie05
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

Opened my first one tonight as well. Damn tasty indeed.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Union Bear Black Rye IPA. Really tasty if you like the style.
Also, Union Bear brunch is pretty damn tasty.
bushytailed
AG
Wheatables02 said:

bushytailed said:

I've got 5 more you can have in DFW if you want. It's not for me and I'll just give them to someone who wants to try it.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm in BCS. I'm sure you can find someone in your area that will enjoy them.
Scriffer
AG
Yabba dabba-betes. Delicious.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I'll be in Monterey/Carmel for a few days later this week - any beer spots I should check out while I'm there?
La Fours
AG
I haven't been to Monterey/Carmel in about 12 years or so and wasn't into craft beer at the time. Here are my non-beer recommendations.

In Monterey: Must go to the aquarium. When I was there, all the restaurants on the wharf would have chowder samples for folks to try. So go for a walk and sample your way along the wharf.

Make the 17 mile drive from Monterey to Carmel. It's beautiful. I went to Carmel at night so didn't see much other than eating at Clint Eastwood's restaurant. Not sure if it has changed in the last 12 years, but there are not a lot of street lights in Carmel. It makes getting around tough as it's hard to read street signs.
txag2008
AG
Alvarado Street Brewery in Monterey. They make good stuff, known for their IPAs.

If you're making the drive down from the Bay Area, Sante Adairius is right off the highway in Capitola.
jetch17
AG
Niiiiice ass day for driveway beverages ...

Picked up some seemingly non shelf turd jai alai (late Jan can date - close enough) ... still drinking good
TheVarian
AG
Not beer, but some of the best wine I've ever had was in Carmel. "Sylvestri"
ChipFTAC01
AG
Wife and I had some of those in the neighbor's driveway as well.
txag2008
AG
I'll be making the drive down/back from Dallas to San Antonio this weekend. Anything special out right now that can be found in stores? Houston Haze? Anything from ABW?
jah003
S
txag2008 said:

I'll be making the drive down/back from Dallas to San Antonio this weekend. Anything special out right now that can be found in stores? Houston Haze? Anything from ABW?
Houston Haze is pretty much everywhere now. I saw several cases on the floor at Lakeline H-E-B. Probably some ABW Gold Fist floating around. I'd snag some Live Oak Gold too... that stuff is delicious.
Moxie
AG
When in Chicago
https://imgur.com/a/6kslrMI
La Fours
AG
Moxie said:

When in Chicago
https://imgur.com/a/6kslrMI

Nice. Such a good beer.
Bmac04
AG
Got a couple cans in yesterday
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Where do yall buy your bottles? I have looked and want to try Pliny the Elder for instance, but don't know where to procure any of these harder to find craft beers. I know the names of some well-hyped beers I want to try, but other than looking at Specs downtown (Houston) do you go to a specific bottle shop? Sorry for the rookie question
AggieOO
You won't find pliny in specs, Houston, or even Texas. You'll need to trade or overpay one of the online retailers who will ignore the law and ship ro texas.
jh0400
AG
Serious answer for Pliny:

Make a trip to Santa Rosa or Windsor. Pliny from a bottle is good, but Pliny on tap with some Drew bites is an experience. While you're there you can also sample some of the other RRBC beers that are awesome as well. Personally I like to alternate Pliny and Supp until I can barely walk.

If you can't get to NorCal, there are other places that have it on tap almost all of the time. Falling Rock in Denver and Apex in PDX come to mind. I'm sure there are others as well.
bushytailed
AG
I'll be in Brooklyn in a couple of weeks visiting my brother. There are a couple breweries (Queens Brewery and Bridge & Tunnel) within walking distance of his place. Are there any can't-miss breweries in Brooklyn that I need to check out?
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO said:

You won't find pliny in specs, Houston, or even Texas. You'll need to trade or overpay one of the online retailers who will ignore the law and ship ro texas.
I don't trade, but will stock-up when I travel. Sometimes I'll fly back with cans / bottles in my suitcase. Other times, like my trip to Boston recently, I shipped back via FedEx.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
dave99ag said:

AggieOO said:

I don't trade, but will stock-up when I travel. Sometimes I'll fly back with cans / bottles in my suitcase. Other times, like my trip to Boston recently, I shipped back via FedEx.
thought there were rules about shipping alcohol in the us using UPS or FedEx?
First Page Last Page
Page 1423 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.