Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,431 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by maca1028
jah003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Chipotlemonger said:

At Red Horn out in Cedar Park for the first time. They have a **** ton of variety here. Great beers. Got the Brushy Creek brown ale and the Beach Bear pale ale.
Yea, Buddy. Redhorn rules. Isn't today their Christmas In July party?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Another good pool beer. I like this Gose a lot. Really salty.
La Fours
AG
I want that beer for the name alone.
HTownAg98
I'm having a Jester King Provenance #5 right now. The lemon/lime helps take the edge off this Africa hot heat wave we are dealing with right now. Not too sour, but just enough acid to keep things bright and lively. I'm really liking this one.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea it was! I didn't know that was going on. This was a spur of the moment kind of visit. Got to bring home this pretty cool hard plastic pint glass

maca1028
Jackpot
Wheatables02
AG
MW13 said:

Headed to San Antonio for a few days any breweries or places I need to stop in for some good beer?

I second this question... heading there tomorrow
maca1028
Wrapped up the evening with a trip to Belmont Station.
wessimo
AG
Oslo now. Bergen and Lillehammer later.

Will likely break down and visit a brewery at some point.
jgh85Ag
AG
MW13 said:

Headed to San Antonio for a few days any breweries or places I need to stop in for some good beer?

Freetail, Ranger and Alamo all have some good beers. Ranger is a distillery as well but in a weird location.

The Growler Station is a great place. They will can your favorite beer for you..
AggieStout
AG
Wheatables02 said:

MW13 said:

I second this question... heading there tomorrow

Weathered souls
AggieStout
AG
maca1028 said:

Jackpot

Dang. Jelious. I want all of that inside me.
maca1028
It was fanf...ingtastic! Only downside was that they didn't have anything to go.
Scriffer
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Pretty good NEIPA for us dallas folk. A little heavy at 7.5% but juicy and good.

Gonna find that one next. I really like their brewery
Scriffer
AG
Took me an embarrassingly long time to try Jolly Pumpkin. Really like this collaboration

Jock 07
AG
Not the plum variety which I really love but still good nonetheless
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea that's a great one there.
jah003
S
Friend grabbed me some Haze a while back...

Hanging on the back porch with the dog... it's 93... Texas is dumb.
AggieStout
AG
Inside at 73. Stout weather.
AggieStout
AG
Sad that I never got to try this. Wasn't on draft when I got it and the bottles went bad with over carbonation. Weathered souls is replacing them with another stout.
wessimo
AG
In Houston, $4 at the grocery store buys you a really nice 12 or 16oz serving of double IPA or imperial stout and sometimes even something barrel aged.

In Norway $4 at the store gets you a can of this:

What does it taste like, you ask? Hard to place the flavor...
jgh85Ag
AG
Find a can of Wup and you are in business.
docaggie
AG
MMM. Fat 'ol A a s s.
Betcha that one doesn't make it across the pond
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wessimo
AG
docaggie said:

MMM. Fat 'ol A a s s.
Betcha that one doesn't make it across the pond

Don't need it in the USA, AB Inbev has the A$$ beer market cornered.
DaveHimself
AG
DFW beer threaders, run don't walk to Turning Point if you haven't been yet. They are making awesome beer. $Texas below

Jock 07
AG
83 right now with a low of 62 tonight, stout weather
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
DaveHimself said:

DFW beer threaders, run don't walk to Turning Point if you haven't been yet. They are making awesome beer. $Texas below

Yeah. I'm gonna need to make it out there.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Been having some ABW Flavor Country recently. It is good, but I still much prefer Black Thunder over it (RIP). I would think a good schwarzbier might be easier to find around here! Anyone have any recommendations?

Secondly, anyone have any sixer recommendations to try for the following styles now that I'm in the Austin area:

IPA - each format
Pale Ale
Brown Ale

I feel pretty set on my go to ambers, sours, and Hefeweizens.
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

Been having some ABW Flavor Country recently. It is good, but I still much prefer Black Thunder over it (RIP). I would think a good schwarzbier might be easier to find around here! Anyone have any recommendations?

Secondly, anyone have any sixer recommendations to try for the following styles now that I'm in the Austin area:

IPA - each format
Pale Ale
Brown Ale

I feel pretty set on my go to ambers, sours, and Hefeweizens.
Hops & Grain have been pumping out some solid IPA's and Pale Ale's lately. Haze County (NEIPA), Lupulin Rodeo, and the Dispensery Series are all good.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Good deal, I'll have to give more Hops & Grain a try. I forgot about them. Tried a Dispensary IPA and liked it.

I should've added an ask for less hoppy recommendations or more sessionable beers. This heat ain't going anywhere soon and a nice pils or lager fits it well. I feel good with Pilsner between ABW and Live Oak. What couple of lagers should I target? Oasis Luchesa still one of the top of the area?
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

Good deal, I'll have to give more Hops & Grain a try. I forgot about them. Tried a Dispensary IPA and liked it.

I should've added an ask for less hoppy recommendations or more sessionable beers. This heat ain't going anywhere soon and a nice pils or lager fits it well. I feel good with Pilsner between ABW and Live Oak. What couple of lagers should I target? Oasis Luchesa still one of the top of the area?
You've got it covered... If I want a Pils I'll just grab something from Live Oak or ABW. Real Ale made a delicious Helles, but I think it was seasonal...
reesei10
Chipotlemonger said:

Also look for Friends and Allies Nosey Cricket. It is a good session IPA when freash. Zilker Park Parks and Rec is a good Pale. I second recommendation for the hops from Hops and Grain.
TAM85
St. Arnold's 5 O'Clock Pils is pretty good.
62strat
AG
wessimo said:

In Houston, $4 at the grocery store buys you a really nice 12 or 16oz serving of double IPA or imperial stout and sometimes even something barrel aged.

In Norway $4 at the store gets you a can of this:

What does it taste like, you ask? Hard to place the flavor...

$4 for a barrel aged 12oz. beer? Where is this magical place!?!

That's $10 min in Colorado.
AggieStout
AG
Also if you see any tupps ddh #2 come out again, jump on it. Also can always roll by pinthouse and pick up a crowler
First Page Last Page
Page 1360 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.