Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,024 Views | 62485 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by SoTxAg
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wheatables02 said:

La Fours said:

Eddyline makes some good beers. I leave for Colorado on Saturday to take my son and boys from our troop to summer camp. So I don't expect that I will get to have any, nor pick up any beer.

Need to switch Troops then.
txag2008
AG
One of the final boxes has come in, this one from our fearless contest commissioner, jah003.

Awesome Midwest box. Looking forward to working my way through everything I've never had. Also, thanks for the side goodies (jelly/coffee/stickers)

steve00
AG
Finally got around to trying these. Houston Haze was my favorite. Excellent mix of juicy and crisp. Thanks Maca!
maca1028
Awesome man! Glad you enjoyed it!
reesei10
txag2008 said:

One of the final boxes has come in, this one from our fearless contest commissioner, jah003.

Awesome Midwest box. Looking forward to working my way through everything I've never had. Also, thanks for the side goodies (jelly/coffee/stickers)

What is the story on the coffee?
jah003
S
I have a coffee subscription and we were gone for 2 weeks, so I had quite a bit extra hanging around.
AggieStout
AG
I love this beer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Jolly Pumpkin is a great readily available brewery. Can't say I've had anything from them that I didn't enjoy or think was worth it. A lot of their stuff really hits the spot during the middle of the hot summer. This was a sessionable farmhouse ale. (Plus, they have awesome labels and art)

La Fours
AG
This was the last can from my haul a couple of weeks ago. A decent sour farmhouse ale.

maca1028
Heading to PDX today, many beer pictures to follow.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Any recommendations for both beer and non-beer related activities in Spokane / Coeur d'alene?
La Fours
AG
Coeur d'Alene -

If you play golf, I would recommend playing the Coeur d'Alene Resort course. It was a fun track and has a true Island green. You have to take a boat to get on the island. Also recommend hiking the trails around the lake that start near the resort. At night, if you're out with your lady friend, stroll around the resort marina walk way. Kind of romantic, just didn't realize it when I was there in 94 or 95.

That's all I've got. Been a bit since I was last there.
Jock 07
AG
These folks are starting to improve and making some decent haze.

Still not entirely sure about this whole new milkshake craze though
Jock 07
AG
My FIL played the floating green par 3 course. He got a certificate for landing his ball on the green. It actually floats and they can bring it in or push it out. I didn't want to pay the high greens fee but it's a top course for sure. Starts out with a message before teeing off as well. I wound up playing a links course called circling raven which was pretty nice as well. Other than that hang out at the lake and drink beer. I was actually staying on Hayden lake which was really nice.
maca1028
Is there anything In particular that I should be looking for in Portland? Staying in Lake Oswego area.
MathNewman06
AG
Great notion and cascade were my favorite spots in Portland.
MathNewman06
AG
Went to the new Saint Arnold beer garden today for some lunch beers. They did a great job on it, pretty high on my list of places to grab a beer now. I imagine when they start getting the word out it's going to be packed.

They have an Arnold palmer berliner with lemon and black tea- that was nice for the heat, but actually the shade and fans kept it from being unbearable out there.

Pictures from the Tine board are better than anything I could try to take: https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2962687/replies/52162788#52162788
jetch17
AG
Grabbed a fresh ass yellow rose and some Cali Green tonight

maca1028
I just closed my eyes and pulled something off the shelf
reesei10
I think this is the best one so far.
AggieStout
AG
maca1028 said:

Is there anything In particular that I should be looking for in Portland? Staying in Lake Oswego area.

Yeah get all the great notion you can
Inspector Spacetime
AG
maca1028 said:

Didn't Modern Times open up a new production spot/pub out there?
maca1028
I'll have to look into it. Working my way threw a couple of new tap rooms in downtown Tillamook.

MW13
AG
Headed to San Antonio for a few days any breweries or places I need to stop in for some good beer?
Hugo Stiglitzz
txag2008, I have a box o beer for you. Can you send me an email with your address so I can ship? jrboyd79@gmail
txag2008
AG
That's news to me. After looking at the sheet it looks like it goes to zephyr.
wessimo
AG
Oh man, I don't think I'm going to be drinking much beer while I'm in Norway for the next two weeks. $1=8 NOK

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
wessimo said:

Oh man, I don't think I'm going to be drinking much beer while I'm in Norway for the next two weeks. $1=8 NOK

So is that $4.25 for a single PBR? Or $4.25 for a sixer?

Either way... you're in Norway, and you won't get much sympathy from me when it's 110 in Dallas today.
wessimo
AG
That's the price for a can. I actually decided to buy two of the local craft beers ($5 a pop) but was denied at the checkout because the grocery store can't sell beer after 6pm on Saturday. Puts Texas blue laws to shame.

And it is supposed to be 90F this week, which seems great by Texas standards except for the fact that hardly anywhere has AC.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Einhorn!
Hugo Stiglitzz
Thanks for clearing that up. Any way I can get you to send me a link to that spreadsheet? So, I can get him his beer...
reesei10
Hugo Stiglitzz said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Any way I can get you to send me a link to that spreadsheet? So, I can get him his beer...

This is it
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K462Xn_KoQaZu1emGq72Z5_1nJUdiWWDYGe6COQHsTw/htmlview#gid=0
CDub06
AG
Where in Norway? We were in Stavanger last year and I had a flight for ~$20. They have some good stuff though. Lervig is a treat.
Chipotlemonger
AG
At Red Horn out in Cedar Park for the first time. They have a **** ton of variety here. Great beers. Got the Brushy Creek brown ale and the Beach Bear pale ale.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Pretty good NEIPA for us dallas folk. A little heavy at 7.5% but juicy and good.
First Page Last Page
Page 1359 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.