Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,480 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by La Fours
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heading to PDX in less than a month, can't wait!
jah003
S
Guys... Minnesota rules...
dave99ag
AG
Tell your FIL to bring something tasty back for me.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Posted on the homebrew thread, figured I'd cross post here.
"Are there places around Austin to take a corny keg and get it filled with beer? Is this legal in Texas, or do you have to pay to take their kegs? Just wondering."
Jock 07
AG
Go back in Jan-Feb and let us know how great it is.
MattJaxson
AG
TL;DR - Had a blast at the WeldWerks Invitational. You guys knocked it out of the park with guest experience and beer list!

Longer version - Wife and I flew into Denver Thursday morning. We hit up Cerebral and Crooked Stave. Tried to go to Black Project, but they were closed for the day due to an maintenance issue at the taproom. Had one of the best burgers of my life at Meadowlark Kitchen, highly recommend.

Drove up to Ft. Collins Friday and headed for the New Belgium brewery tour. Walked in the door to a surprise guest, the Beer Threads own Robert C. Christian (the artist formerly known as FrioAg). +100 internet points to him and my wife for pulling that one off, I had no idea he was coming. The New Belgium brewery tour lived up to the hype and was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Capped off the night with the drive over to WeldWerks to say hi to NCol and buy all of our beer to go before we got too drunk on Saturday.

The festival Saturday went off without a hitch. Got into line about an hour before doors opened for session #1 and the WeldWerks team had everyone checked and ready to go with plenty of time to spare. We were probably a couple hundred people from the front and were in the door in just a couple of minutes. Lines were long at first for the whalez, but you never had to wait more than a few minutes to get a great beer. Checked Assassin and Duck Duck Gooze off of my whalez list and then had about 75 other amazing beers (including all 14 Medianoche variants!). These two pics kind of sum up the day.

All in all, a great weekend in Colorado! Thanks for the hospitality NCol! We definitely plan to be back for the 2nd Annual Invitational.

Here is the haul we brought home -

jah003
S
dave99ag said:

I got you. Selection is not great here, but I'll swing by a liquor store in Minneapolis and stock up on some goodies.
jah003
S
Jock 07 said:

Evidentially I can't internet anymore...

Insert Nope Gif.
dave99ag
AG
jah003 said:

dave99ag said:

I got you. Selection is not great here, but I'll swing by a liquor store in Minneapolis and stock up on some goodies.
Yeah, I didn't have much luck in Minneapolis. Great breweries though. Had to drive across the border at Casanova Liquor and found lots of amazing beer.
NColoradoAG
It was great to see you guys again and I'm glad you all had fun. We'll do it again next year for sure.
jetch17
AG
Firestarter IPA out of Eagle, CO

BSD
AG
I half expected to see a bowl of Colorado gummy bears on the table followed by a post-gummy pic of you curing your Houston swamp ass by going up the ski lift sprawled out in just your tighty whiteys yelling "fresh mountain air for my beanbag!!!"
jetch17
AG
Who says that pic doesn't exist
BSD
AG
Is it next to "Palm Dong" in the family photo album?
jetch17
Jock 07
AG
Well so long as we're sharing mountain pics here's a few of mine from today. And to make it beer related we've been drinking a bunch of beer from flathead brewing while staying on flathead lake the past few days. Moving up to whitefish tomorrow and will be making a trip or two to great northern brewing over the next few days.

steve00
AG
It felt like this kind of night
jah003
S
Solid day at the lake yesterday...

NColoradoAG
Welp, all those replies sure do make me hate sitting at a desk right now.
La Fours
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Welp, all those replies sure do make me hate sitting at a desk right now.
Exactly. I hate them all right now because I am extremely jealous. But my time will come the last week of July when I will spend a week in the Colorado mountains.
dave99ag
AG
Be jealous... I'm going to Alpine next week to setup a wildlife guzzler and clean up a tinaja to hold more water. I plan on drinking plenty of beer to hydrate in the not-humid 100 degree heat.
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

jah003 said:

dave99ag said:

Yeah, I didn't have much luck in Minneapolis. Great breweries though. Had to drive across the border at Casanova Liquor and found lots of amazing beer.
This worth going out of our way a bit? It would add about an hour to our trip up north, but I'd happily do it if the selection is amazing.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jah003 said:

dave99ag said:

jah003 said:

dave99ag said:

This worth going out of our way a bit? It would add about an hour to our trip up north, but I'd happily do it if the selection is amazing.
Yes! Guys working there know their **** too. Guy named Brady literally walked their inventory with me and grabbed me some good **** to bring back. Even pulled some stuff that wasn't technically on the shelves for sell.

They've also got a little restaurant there with a pretty good tap selection.
MW13
AG
Jock 07 said:

Well so long as we're sharing mountain pics here's a few of mine from today. And to make it beer related we've been drinking a bunch of beer from flathead brewing while staying on flathead lake the past few days. Moving up to whitefish tomorrow and will be making a trip or two to great northern brewing over the next few days.

Damn, this one hurts. Whitefish is one of my favorite places ever and here I sit behind my desk. Love Great Northern. We stop by there at least for a little bit each day. Enjoy some for me.
dave99ag
AG
Agreed! They were great in helping me find NG, TG and other goodies. This was some of my haul on my trip 2 years ago.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Roughtail Orange Creamsicle

This **** is awesome.
La Fours
AG
Yessir!! I had some last week. Really damn good.
La Fours
AG
Any of you going to the Spindletap release on Saturday? I'll be there with my family between 10 and 11. Might grab some Pinkertons and then head to B52.
La Fours
AG
jah003 said:

Jock 07 said:

Evidentially I can't internet anymore...

Insert Nope Gif.

Don't be such a wuss. It wasn't that bad.
BSD
AG
La Fours said:

Any of you going to the Spindletap release on Saturday? I'll be there with my family between 10 and 11. Might grab some Pinkertons and then head to B52.

Dammit. We'll be out of town. I'm f they have any extra, please grab me some rarities to send out west.
La Fours
AG
Well balls.

I will for sure grab some extras if they have any left when I get there. I got lucky with the pre-sale And was able to buy a 4 pack of each of the 3 beers being released.
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

Be jealous... I'm going to Alpine next week to setup a wildlife guzzler and clean up a tinaja to hold more water. I plan on drinking plenty of beer to hydrate in the not-humid 100 degree heat.

I'm sure you'll hit brick vault, so yes, I am jealous. Any trip out west is a good trip.
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO said:

I'm sure you'll hit brick vault, so yes, I am jealous. Any trip out west is a good trip.

We'll definitely hit up Brick Vault before we head over to the Gage for dinner.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Jester King Omniscience & Proselytism being released this Friday

CDub06
AG
I just hit up Brick Vault a couple of weeks ago for the first time. ...what am I missing?

The Gage is awesome though.
First Page Last Page
Page 1354 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.