Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,638,703 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by La Fours
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Untappd really is kind of annoying that I'll intentionally not buy something I like just to try something that I've never had.

I need to get over to total wine more. I just rarely leave the office at lunch anymore to hit the one right by work and the one by my house is just inconvenient enough to not hit on the way home or after the kids go to bed. Have to make a special trip there

Instead I'm stuck with my crappy Specs.
jah003
S
I only go to Total Wine if I want a beer that I wouldn't mind sitting on the shelves for a while... so much old hops there. Waltzed in the other day and grabbed a Parabola, but a lot of the IPA's were 3-4 months old.

I probabaly buy 90-95% of my beer at H-E-B now. The beer guy there does a great job of keeping fresh beer on the shelves.
jah003
S
Anyone been to Minneapolis lately...? I'll be there in about a week and looking for brewery recs. Last year we did Inbound, Modist, and Fulton I believe. Didn't know if there was anything better out there. We did Surly a few years ago, but it's so damn far... think we'll just be staying in the downtown area.

Also making a separate trip to Wisconsin to stock up on NG on the way to our cabin on Superior...
ChipFTAC01
AG
Unfortunately, my HEB (kirkwood & westheimer) has a pretty lame selection. That and we tend to grocery shop on Sunday mornings.
La Fours
AG
Roughtail E Juice Orange Creamsicle. Once again, Roughtail knocks it out of the park.

AggieOO
jah003 said:

Anyone been to Minneapolis lately...? I'll be there in about a week and looking for brewery recs. Last year we did Inbound, Modist, and Fulton I believe. Didn't know if there was anything better out there. We did Surly a few years ago, but it's so damn far... think we'll just be staying in the downtown.

Following. I'll be up there for work at the end of August.
La Fours
AG
He's alive! How did your 100 miler go?
jah003
S
My group last year was dead set on brewery hopping last year, so I only had a beer at each stop. Fulton was cool, but super packed. Modist and Inbound were solid as well. I remember liking the coffee pale ale at Modist. Also, we ended up a dive bar playing pull tabs... which is a must while you are up there. It's basically bar gambling. We won enough last year to pay for an entire night of drinking and dinner.

Surly is my favorite brewery to visit in MNP by a long shot, but it's so far out. We've started there before and then just uber'd in for the downtown breweries.
Scriffer
AG
Stout weather.....?

AggieOO
La Fours said:

Not good. Got pulled at mile 77. Won't go into TMI here, but there's a recap of sorts on the summer trail running thread on h&f forum.
AggieOO
Oh, and Christmas in July from Martin house is solid!
Scriffer
AG
AggieOO said:

La Fours said:

Not good. Got pulled at mile 77. Won't go into TMI here, but there's a recap of sorts on the summer trail running thread on h&f forum.

Saw the FB post about a rough outing, but didn't know details. Tough result, but good on you for toughing it out that long.
Bmac04
AG
Anyone happen to be in Iowa today for SR71 release?
La Fours
AG
Just read your recap. That's sucks man. Sorry it didn't work out.
BSD
AG
Bmac04 said:

Anyone happen to be in Iowa today for SR71 release?

My G5 is in the shop. No dice for me.
Robert C. Christian
AG
On the way to the noon session of the WeldWerks Invitational. God help my liver.
La Fours
AG
jah003
S
Just pouring Assassin at the Weldwerks fest... Casual.

jetch17
AG
Pretty good ass day in CO, as well

jetch17
AG
Some juice back at the house

dave99ag
AG
Good day at the beach!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Dangerous Man was pretty good when we went for the Toppling Goliath release. Don't remember exactly where that was since I was pretty lit at the time.
Midtown SAHD
Thread lurker here with a question. I'm heading to Portland (first time to PNW) at the end of July and plan on going to the Oregon brewers festival. However, what breweries are must see? I know about Deschutes and Rogue, obviously, but which smaller ones should I see?. Any other places we can't miss?. We are doing Willamette as well. So any insight into the area would be appreciated. We just enjoy travelling, being outside, and seeing everything, so any recommendations are welcome.
Bmac04
AG
Speaking of pouring Assassin casual...is it too early to start planning the Clemson game bottle share?

Happy to bring Assassin
jah003
S
Bmac04 said:

Speaking of pouring Assassin casual...is it too early to start planning the Clemson game bottle share?

Happy to bring Assassin
I say plan it up... I won't be able to make a Clemson share. My brother is coming down for that game before he deploys.

Damn... though... Assassin...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Enjoying this one from Save the World, a Belgian pale ale. Not a world beater, but just a refreshing beer for a warm June evening.

NColoradoAG
What did you guys think of WeldWerks Invitational?
BSD
AG
Bmac04 said:

Happy to bring Assassin

Was planning on staying home that night but you talked some common sense into me.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
NColoradoAG said:

What did you guys think of WeldWerks Invitational?
Best festival I've ever worked, or been to, and it wasn't even close. Volunteers were all over the place making sure we had what we needed, hospitality on Weldwerks' side was amazing (pizza and wings lunch w/The Veil IPAs and WW beers in the cooler... nuff said), and crowd size was perfect. Topping Goliath line was long at start of both sessions but worked down and was no wait for Assassin eventually. Had so many amazing beers throughout the day and made a lot of friends from around the country. Great weekend!
AggieStout
AG
Baileys Tap room
Mort Rainey
Scriffer said:

Stout weather.....?

This beer is severely underrated. One of my favorites of all time
stamper
AG
Midtown SAHD said:

Thread lurker here with a question. I'm heading to Portland (first time to PNW) at the end of July and plan on going to the Oregon brewers festival. However, what breweries are must see? I know about Deschutes and Rogue, obviously, but which smaller ones should I see?. Any other places we can't miss?. We are doing Willamette as well. So any insight into the area would be appreciated. We just enjoy travelling, being outside, and seeing everything, so any recommendations are welcome.
There are so many good ones but some of the standout's for me were hop works, cascade, and 10 barrel.
txag2008
AG
I've never been to Portland, but if I were to go, Great Notion would be near the top of my list.
NColoradoAG
Midtown SAHD said:

If you dont go to Great Notion then you've done it wrong.
jh0400
AG
Aside from what's already been mentioned, I like Commons in PDX as well. I wanted to go to de Garde when we were there, but they have limited weekday hours. If you venture over to the coast, I recommend a stop at Pelican in Pacific City. It has what may be the best view of any brewery anywhere.

First Page Last Page
Page 1353 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.