Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,118 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
txag2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On your drive in, stop at base Base Camp store and Outer Range Brewing in Frisco. Both right next to each other and right off the interstate.
NColoradoAG
jetch17 said:

ok Hoolihoos ... Were headed to Beaver Creek, CO for a week starting Friday (not like im counting the days or anything)

ive layed way off beer for a while now but will probably get in to some Colorado tasties when in Rome. Were pretty much flying into Denver and beelining to Beaver Creek, but will be hitting Breckenridge for a day, then staying 1 night in Denver before heading home.

Any local shops up in the mountians near AVon/Vail/Breck wroth hitting? And i know asking about best brewery in Denver is a million to one, but if you had to pick 1 or 2 what would they be, or should i just go somewhere like Falling Rock for the night and just get nasty with it?
Basecamp Wine and Spirits in Frisco. Stop at Outer Range as well for cans to go.

2 best breweries in Denver are Cerebral and Black Project.
jetch17
AG
Thanks
BSD
AG
Anything between DIA and Estes Park?
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

WeldWerks, duh
tl1127
AG
Heading up to Greeley Friday for Weldwerks Invitational Saturday then to Estes Park for a few days.
NColoradoAG
tl1127 said:

Heading up to Greeley Friday for Weldwerks Invitational Saturday then to Estes Park for a few days.
Awesome! Anyone else on here coming up for the Invite?

I'll be one one of the people in a bright yellow lanyard running around trying to make everything run smoothly. I'll be rocking a maroon WeldWerks cap so say hello if you see me. We've been working very hard to make this a great event!
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG said:

BSD said:

WeldWerks, duh

See you there next Thursday? I think we land at 3:00pm.
MattJaxson
AG
My wife and I will be there. Planning to hit up a few breweries in Denver and Ft. Collins before the festival on Saturday. Good thing I adequately prepared my liver during our house warming party here in Nashville this weekend.

NColoradoAG
BSD said:

NColoradoAG said:

BSD said:

WeldWerks, duh

See you there next Thursday? I think we land at 3:00pm.
I will be around. That's when most of our brewers arrive for the festival and we're having a dinner party that evening.
BSD
AG
I'm actually coming next Thursday, the 28th.
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

Welp, then yes, I'll be back to normal working my Thursday shift behind the bar.
Jock 07
AG
NColoradoAG said:

tl1127 said:

I'll be one one of the people in a bright yellow lanyard running around trying to make everything run smoothly. I'll be rocking a maroon WeldWerks cap so say hello if you see me. We've been working very hard to make this a great event!

Not going to make it this year but is this gonna be an annual event? This and the FW invitational are pretty high on my beer bucket list
NColoradoAG
Jock 07 said:

NColoradoAG said:

tl1127 said:

Not going to make it this year but is this gonna be an annual event? This and the FW invitational are pretty high on my beer bucket list
Yep, this will be the first of many. We are thinking of moving it earlier in the spring though and combining it with our Anniversary party.
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG said:

BSD said:

Welp, then yes, I'll be back to normal working my Thursday shift behind the bar.

Whoo hoo. Think they'll let me bring a bottle to share with you? I mean, weed is legal there, surely drinking behind the bar is too.
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

NColoradoAG said:

BSD said:

Whoo hoo. Think they'll let me bring a bottle to share with you? I mean, weed is legal there, surely drinking behind the bar is too.
Probably, it'll depend on how busy it is.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Like IPAs, but never had the DFH 120 before. Going to have my first one in about an hour. Worth the hype?
MathNewman06
AG
Do you also like barleywines? If so, you're in good shape.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
MathNewman06 said:

Do you also like barleywines? If so, you're in good shape.

I do. Just tried it. Not sure what I was expecting, but pretty solid. Might get 1 or 2 more just to cellar, but probably not more after that.
dave99ag
AG
I remember when DFH 120 was this mythical beer you could rarely find. This was probably 6+ years ago. While a good beer and worth drinking, it's not quite up to the hype as say Pliny in the world of craft beer. Heck, Pliny is great, but plenty of other amazing beers out there.
jh0400
AG
ISO

Chipotlemonger
AG
Couple of good Texas beers today. The Celis white was better than I thought it would be.

ChipFTAC01
AG
I made a random sixer at HEB a few weeks back of some local beers I hadn't tried. More than anything for some shameless Untappd checkins. There had been a Karbach Tasty Waves sitting in the bottom of the beer drawer for weeks. Nothing else in the fridge tonight sounded interesting so I gave it a try. I was really impressed. Best beer I've had from them in a long time.
62strat
AG
dave99ag said:

I remember when DFH 120 was this mythical beer you could rarely find. This was probably 6+ years ago. While a good beer and worth drinking, it's not quite up to the hype as say Pliny in the world of craft beer. Heck, Pliny is great, but plenty of other amazing beers out there.
Maybe it's had multiple cycles, but when I got big into DFH back in '07 through about '10, 120 was always on the shelf at Specs. I always passed cause it was like $7 and I thought that was way too much for a single beer!
AggieKev92
AG
The Yellow Rose IPA is spectacular. Great choice. If an IPA fan, checkout Four Corners El Chingon our of Dallas. My current favorite.
Topher17
AG
dave99ag said:

I think the same could be said for something like KBS. It's a phenomenal beer and I still buy a couple each year, but I've noticed it still sitting on shelves here in CS. Just two or three years ago if you didn't get it the day it hit the shelf, you weren't getting it. Obviously it is seeing more distribution than it used to, but I don't think I've ever seen it sit as long as it has this year.
dave99ag
AG
CBS was the same for Founder's too. I thought it would be elusive this year, but it hasn't been hard to find. Guess they upped their production.

That reminds me, I need to make another KBS ice cream float. Delicious!
reesei10
Quite a local hoppy beer list!

maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/BkQ7ul8jtnP
ISO?
AggieStout
AG
I'll be there
NColoradoAG
maca1028 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BkQ7ul8jtnP
ISO?
Had all three last night. They are all really good and each one has a major strong point. Flavor of Peanut Butter Cup is spot on. The peanut shines not only on the nose but also the flavor. Coffee Coconut has the most body and balance of flavor. French Toast is a lot of cinammon at first and then maple comes through. That's one that will drink better at 55-60 degrees.

If there's any left on Sunday maybe I can put together a package. No promises though as I am already stressed and not sleeping well in anticipation of the festival!
jah003
S
AggieStout said:

I'll be there
I might swing by for a beer or two. Leaving at 4 am the next morning for MN, though...
maca1028
If there is that's great, if not, no worries at all. I don't have much to offer as far as trade is concerned other than a shipping label and $$, and of course some thank you beers later.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'm working the Weldwerks festival and will be up there tomorrow, so I can possibly help as well if I finish work in time and supply holds. I won't likely be buying much.
SoTxAg
AG
I've been going to Total Wine lately cuz they let you break up any six pack. I get a bunch of singles then do the shameless updating on Untappd. Fun hobby.
First Page Last Page
Page 1352 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.