Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,859 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by La Fours
CollinAB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Celebrating the completion of my student teaching experience. One test away from being a certified teacher.
jah003
S
CollinAB said:

Celebrating the completion of my student teaching experience. One test away from being a certified teacher.
Nice work! Taking my high school certification exam tomorrow.
CollinAB
AG
If I remember right, you were doing 7th or 8th grade science. I student taught 8th grade history. Middle schoolers sure are something. Good luck on the test!
NColoradoAG
CDub06 said:

This was Posted on Houston Facebook group:

This guy had a page dedicated to this mule. Allegedly just doing it for the craft community.
Beer is so much fun these days.
MW13
AG
Good deal, glad to see they made it on time. Let me know what you think.
reesei10
NColoradoAG said:

CDub06 said:

This guy had a page dedicated to this mule. Allegedly just doing it for the craft community.

I wonder how many mules get stopped at the state line and have their beer seized since they do not have a license to transport achohol.
jh0400
AG
NColoradoAG said:

CDub06 said:

I find it humorous that the retail value of the beer is probably worth more than the car.
zephyrtexan
AG
Received another couple of deliveries, from Wheatables02 and Robert (I think?) via DallasAg!

Only problem is, they were dropped off and unboxed before I got home, so I have no idea who gave me which. So, here's all of them!

And here's the best part: I have not tried any of these beers ever. I'm incredibly excited to drink it all!!! Fantastic shipments, y'all.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Glad to get you some you hadn't tried before! The one I sent are:

Queen of the Mist
Braindead Bent de Garde
Intrinsic Cans
Frootie Tang
IPF'nA
Woodcreek

Hope you enjoy them!
Robert C. Christian
AG
Wrong emoji. Fat thumbs.
jah003
S
CollinAB said:

If I remember right, you were doing 7th or 8th grade science. I student taught 8th grade history. Middle schoolers sure are something. Good luck on the test!
Yep, 7th grade science. Trying to move up to 9th grade Bio (same content I teach now but at a higher level). Yep... middle schoolers sure are... well... something. Yesterday I was demonstrating a lung capacity lab and accidentally made a fart noise with the balloon. A solid 2-3 minutes of uncontrollable laughter ensued...

Beer and Vinyl tonight...
Chipotlemonger
AG
I am excited to be back around ABW soon.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
CDub06 said:

Jeez, that's a lot more than we thought he'd walked out with. If that's the 30+ cases it appears to be, he could easily be making $3K in profit (less 200-300 bucks in gas and presumably another few hundred in cannabis). Oh right, it's for the "craft community" though. 30cs could've been split up to over a hundred people easily, and they would have been going 90% as out of their way to get it.

Again OB **** the bed planning this, but **** that guy.
big-ag
AG
Probably bad timing, but is anyone going out to Jester King this weekend? Mind picking up a couple of RU55s?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
big-ag said:

Probably bad timing, but is anyone going out to Jester King this weekend? Mind picking up a couple of RU55s?

Where you at? It and Funk Metal should see some distribution.
big-ag
AG
Dallas. Fair point.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Anyone have luck with the eventbrite for SpindleTap last night? A buddy of mine scored one four pack of Draper. That's it. We both logged on at 7. Ridiculous.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Is there a reason they don't just do a lottery system?
NColoradoAG
Chipotlemonger said:

Is there a reason they don't just do a lottery system?
I've always felt if the tickets are instantly selling out it's basically already a lottery.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Essentially it is, but if they just did a window for lottery entry people wouldn't get as frustrated or down about not getting picked.
NColoradoAG
Chipotlemonger said:

Essentially it is, but if they just did a window for lottery entry people wouldn't get as frustrated or down about not getting picked.
I get it, but lotteries are also more work for a brewery.
maca1028
Geriatric Punk said:

Anyone have luck with the eventbrite for SpindleTap last night? A buddy of mine scored one four pack of Draper. That's it. We both logged on at 7. Ridiculous.

I didn't even try this time.
jh0400
AG
I got in on one back in December and didn't try again until a few weeks ago. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten.
AggieStout
AG
Supposedly your supposed to use the app and already have an account and eventbright gives you some kinda fast lane. From what I've heard.
AggieStout
AG
Beer mail. Veil anniversary releases. Love me some white Ferrari. Looking forward to the red and green. Also a BBA sleeping forever and a reg sleeping forever.

AggieStout
AG
Some from this past weekend.

Good for a scotch ale. Had nice maple to it but man it's pricey

Had this yesterday since I took off work
reesei10
Was the Trip in the Woods worth it? I see it in specs but I think the Prarie Deconstructed Bomb pack is a better buy for the money. Plus easier to take down over time.
jh0400
AG
I'll try that for the next presale and report back.
AggieStout
AG
No. Not for that money. I had one that was good last year, forgot what it was but the ones this year that I've had were not worth it. Although I will say, if you want to try and maple scotch ale I'm not sure there is one out other than this.
steve00
AG
Successfully ordered the box of the covenant. Today is a good day.
CDub06
AG
Anyone going out to the release at Ingenious on Saturday? I might be out there sharing some stuff.
txag2008
AG
Been in Boston the past few days. Off and on rainy weather makes for some good times to enjoy beer.

MC2 from Equilibrium in NY. Prob the the best beer I've had here.

And of course some Trillium

Lamplighter Brewing in Cambridge
Scriffer
AG
What's your beer stash look like these days? I'm wrapping up quarter end, so I was holding off on my March Madness box until you drank through some of it.
txag2008
AG
It's growing that's for sure. I'm not touching any of the stouts/sours for the time being.

Get to it when you get to it, I'm definetely not in a rush. Still thinking a DFW share might have to happen. Memorial wkend?
Bmac04
AG
Had 2 sets in my cart and then they disappeared. Still not sure why they did a limit of 2pp when there wasnt even enough to let everyone have 1pp
First Page Last Page
Page 1340 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.