Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,961 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by steve00
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well that sucks. At least you had a good beer.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Love no chill. Need to pick some more up.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Carbonation still looks crazy.
maca1028
Putting together some IKEA crap.
La Fours
AG
Haterade Gose is the only beer of theirs that I like. And I think it is damn good.
CDub06
AG
8th Wonder's facility is so Houston and so cool. But yeah, the beer disappoints.

It's like the brewery equivalent of Salt Lick. You really wish it was better...
AggieStout
AG
turfman80 said:

Cold snap had me open an early Birthday beer.

Dang. The rye barrel aged. Always wanted to try that one.
Jock 07
AG
Kyle98 said:

From last night. "Celebrating" my activation for the border mission. On my way to El Paso tonight.

could be worse, could be headed to Minot ND to protect the northern border.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Too much good beer on this page of the thread, I'm gonna help tone it down a little.

This counts, right?
turfman80
AG
AggieStout said:

turfman80 said:

Cold snap had me open an early Birthday beer.

Dang. The rye barrel aged. Always wanted to try that one.
Grab one if you get the chance. It was excellent!
Chipotlemonger
AG
The Vietnamese coffee Speedway Stout has been on my ISO list for years.

How are the two versions? (I presume two, non-barrel and barrel)
turfman80
AG
I haven't had the regular. Was gifted the BA version, which was smooth, balanced and so damn tasty. The barrel didn't overpower, with lots of chocolate and some coffee, which had probably faded a bit over the last 6 months.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Broke out a 903 Friday Slide tonight with the cold weather. Pretty solid stuff coming out of 903 lately. Friday slide is a pretty nice milk stout with Irish coffee and Irish cream. It's supposed to be a beer take on an Irish car bomb apparently.
Wheatables02
AG
@zephyrtexan - going to be in DFW anytime soon? If not I will get your package together and ship.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Anybody shipped beer internationally? It looks like I'm going to make a quick trip to England the end of the month. Or what are the rules on bringing it through customs in your suitcase? Thought I'd try to bring home a few favorites for myself as well as some things definitely outside of Texas distro for dallasaggie.

I've generally found English beer to be rather...uninspired, Generic bitters, lagers, etc. But I've never really minded having a plain old beer at an English country pub. But last summer I was over at my wife's parent's place I found a really good bottle shop essentially across the street from their flat. I guess much like America, the craft scene in England is rocking, its just not in every bar. I bought a bunch of beer for the house and 90% of what I bought was great.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Never had a problem bringing beer back from Canada. I think after a case, you might have to pay taxes/duty on it though.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Just don't fly into Austin where the TABC dweebs are trying to find a new way to tax the citizenry.
JamesBREI06
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

Broke out a 903 Friday Slide tonight with the cold weather. Pretty solid stuff coming out of 903 lately. Friday slide is a pretty nice milk stout with Irish coffee and Irish cream. It's supposed to be a beer take on an Irish car bomb apparently.

Wasn't certain if Houston was in distro for that one so I grabbed six while I was in Longview. It was pretty damn good. A little thin for me as I like my stouts thick, but great flavor.
Whoop!
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'll be headed down to Austin and seeing zephyrtexan April 24th if you want me to run your package down there for you. I'm more than happy to drop it to him if it can wait a couple weeks. Let me know if you're interested and we can coordinate a meet up for the box.

@inoffensiveusername, I agree with you about the body on the Friday Slide. The flavors were excellent, but a little thicker body would've handled the flavors a little bit better. 903 is progressing pretty well and putting out some solid stouts lately. You should give the Turning Point Ebony & Ebony a try if you get the chance. It's just a really nice thick imperial stout from the metroplex.
Wheatables02
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

I'll be headed down to Austin and seeing zephyrtexan April 24th if you want me to run your package down there for you. I'm more than happy to drop it to him if it can wait a couple weeks. Let me know if you're interested and we can coordinate a meet up for the box.

@inoffensiveusername, I agree with you about the body on the Friday Slide. The flavors were excellent, but a little thicker body would've handled the flavors a little bit better. 903 is progressing pretty well and putting out some solid stouts lately. You should give the Turning Point Ebony & Ebony a try if you get the chance. It's just a really nice thick imperial stout from the metroplex.

This would be great! Email is d k u b i n s k y at gmail
reesei10
Because it's Monday!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome! Have wanted to try that one, it's the 100% Texas ingredients one right? Being originally from the panhandle, I love the logo on this bottle.
La Fours
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Awesome! Have wanted to try that one, it's the 100% Texas ingredients one right? Being originally from the panhandle, I love the logo on this bottle.

I'm originally from the panhandle as well. Dimmitt and Tulia for me. Where are you from?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Have driven by Tulia many a time. Don't know if I've crossed paths with Dimmitt though. I was born in Amarillo and still have a lot of family from both sides up there.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
One of my favorite bottle labels of all time. We have it on display in our house.

reesei10
Chipotlemonger said:

Yes it is! Batch 2. This one is a little tart and very enjoyable. I think it is better than batch 1. Worth a try and I got this one from specs.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Is that going to be a yearly release? Is that known? Would love to get a bottle. Looks like they currently have it on-site.
txag2008
AG
Always good to see more Panhandle folks. Nazareth here. I'm actually in Amarillo right now for work.....kinda barren for good beer.
reesei10
Chipotlemonger said:

Is that going to be a yearly release? Is that known? Would love to get a bottle. Looks like they currently have it on-site.

I hope it will be yearly, but I know the beer changes based on the grain they can get that is 100% Texan.
AgEng06
AG
I used to know a guy at A&M from Nazareth. There can't be too many of you in that time frame...

What are your thoughts on chicken as a meat source and Aaron Watson's "San Angelo" album?
jetch17
AG
All the Big Bend Frontera while out in ass Midland

jah003
S
jetch17 said:

All the Big Bend Frontera while out in ass Midland

Saw this yesterday...
My brain can't quite fathom that...
CDub06
AG
You been out to Midland Beer Garden? Pretty cool spot in an old plant nursery. Good for killing time before a flight at least.
jetch17
AG
Yeah the beer garden is a good spot out on hellhole 20.

Yeah those temp swings are crazy, but here shortly it will be hot/blistering

Although west tx nights, even in summer can manage to be nice. Just wish it looked like big bend here
maca1028
Does anyone have any good recs for Pasadena, CA? Asking for a friend.
First Page Last Page
Page 1335 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.