Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,062 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by steve00
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the offer. Most of my beer could wait a month but I am sending some super fresh hops so may risk the shipping. If they inspect it o hope they do it when I drop it off so I can just take it back with me. Although, shipping this much value in beer is a pretty big risk.
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Although, shipping this much value in beer is a pretty big risk.

txag2008
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Although, shipping this much value in beer is a pretty big risk.
Bmac04
AG
Have been searching for this glass forever and finally got it.
AgEng06
AG
AgEng06 said:

Thanks. I checked out their website and Hazy Simcoe is the one that jumped out at me.

I'll probably be out there around 3:30 or so, if you decide to take a break from the yard work.

I got here too early. They are tapping their Watermelon Crawl at 4:00, but I doubt I'll be waiting around that long.
dave99ag
AG
Friday afternoon day drinking in Gaithersburg, MD. Not a lot of options, but found a good place to sit down for a bit at Downtown & Crown. Will have to bring back some NE IPAs from the area.
62strat
AG
If there is any positive side to the 25 degree weather outside today, it's that I have an abyss I threw in the fridge a few months back that I never got around to drinking.. so I think tonight is the time!
Not that we won't have another sub-freezing day or three before summer time.

Stay thirsty, and warm, my Colorado friends.

Crazy fun fact; Last year's Rockies home opener, at 74*, was the warmest on record. If they throw the first pitch today (game delayed an hour), it will be coldest home opener on record.

Scriffer
AG
I'm pretty sure we were packing up to head to your condo at this time last year.
Chipotlemonger
AG
First off, great gif usage txag2008.

Secondly, I am officially moving back to Texas! Signed my offer letter today to return to Austin (mainly grew up here and interned here last summer). I've had an awesome time in Nashville and will miss it. Lots of great friends and memories. (Matt we'll need to hit up nations SG before I leave! Haven't been there yet)

Celebrating with this awesome collaboration between Jester King and Fonta Flora. Akin to Foudreweizen.

Cheers, fellas. Have a great weekend.

Hudson2508
AG
Master's beer.

Jock 07
AG
Well its the time of year where I significantly reduce my beer and booze intake to nearly 0 but I stumbled upon this this evening and couldn't pass it up. My #2 favorite Lauganitas behind born yesterday. dank
Hugo Stiglitzz
Bmac04 said:

ISO!!
jh0400
AG
Hugo Stiglitzz said:

Bmac04 said:

ISO!!

It's a shame that the most sought after thing 8th Wonder has put out is a pint glass.
Bmac04
AG
I've never even had a beer from them before
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Their Vietnamese coffee stout or whatever is pretty good.
AggieOO
Well, mother nature gave me more day of stout weather. Trying to decide what to throw in the fridge.
Hugo Stiglitzz
jh0400 said:

Hugo Stiglitzz said:

Bmac04 said:

ISO!!

It's a shame that the most sought after thing 8th Wonder has put out is a pint glass.

I found their beer to be pretty good, when I lived in Houston and had access to it. Dome Fauxm and a couple of their IPAs aren't bad, IMO, compatible to Saint Arnold stuff.
Mustang1
AG
Yep, think it's called Rocket Fuel
jh0400
AG
None of it's bad, but it's not #whalezbro either. I've seen a ton of ISOs for that glass with some rare FTs.
AggieOO
Said screw it and drive to redhorn to down some snicka stout.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Maybe it's just me, but I haven't had one 8th Wonder beer that I've liked.
CollinAB
AG
I'm checking out Turning Point here in DFW today. Some really tasty stuff. Their new double IPA Grumbo comes out in cans next week. After the one I had today, I'll probably have to come pick some up.
AggieOO
Nothing amazes me, but I don't hate their stuff. Not much of a ringing endorsement. I'll drink it if it's around, but I won't go looking for it.
Jock 07
AG
I was never impressed with any of 8th wonders stuff either. Really cool spot though just meh beer.
jh0400
AG
Rocket Fuel is the only really good beer that I've had from a can. Haterade was pretty good as well, but I'm pretty sure it was draft only. The cool thing about them is that they have a really cool taproom and backyard setup, and the beers are drinkable for the most part.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed.

I've like a few of their beers but I have only had them on draft at the brewery. May be one of those places that isn't good at maintaining quality in cans/bottles.
Hudson2508
AG
Txag2008, your box has been dropped off. Let me know when it makes it there. There's a special present in there for the champion to pass on to next year's champ.
Hudson2508
AG
So happy for this cold weather. Bourbon Paradise is ****ing fire.
reesei10
Stout Weather Indeed!
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Still had these hanging out. Seemed like a good time.
txag2008
AG
Hudson, will do. Looking forward to it

The best that I've tried from Turning Point so far.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I will honestly never understand people's enjoyment of 8th Wonder Hopston IPA. I have tried to like it and just can't, and I like something about almost all IPAs I try.

I agree it's a shame their beer isn't better, considering how good a time it is hanging out in their space, but for the most part everything else is drinkable. Are they canning Haterade yet??
Kyle98
AG
From last night. "Celebrating" my activation for the border mission. On my way to El Paso tonight.

turfman80
AG
Cold snap had me open an early Birthday beer.

reesei10
Happy National Beer Day Ags! Hope you found a good one on this cold spring day!
First Page Last Page
Page 1334 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.