Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,481 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by swampstander
zephyrtexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh no, I am not a teacher. I do not have that kind of patience or ability.

I meant that you are the reacher in the relationship, reaching for someone or of your league. Like me. I have mad respect for other guys who land someone who is well beyond their level.

However. If I did yeah, I think I'd aim for what you teach. Math and science is awesome.

Edit: that was an unfortunate autocorrect.
Chipotlemonger
AG

This is a great beer from Cigar City.
Bmac04
AG
Awesome, thanks for the assist
jh0400
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Sounds like they need to change their process to a lottery or something.

Is their beer that good or is it more of just high demand because of it being a Houston/Texas brewery?

I was able to get in on a pre-sale back in December, and it's good beer, especially Juiceton. Was it sell out in seconds good? Probably not. If you're looking for haze in Houston, Whole Foods makes some good beers that you can pick up anytime.
jah003
S
La Fours said:

What beers should I ask my cousin to bring me down from Madison, WI besides New Glarus?
From my friend in Madison...

Central Waters has been putting out barrel aged beers pretty regularly so he should definitely watch for those. A couple of new breweries on the east side, too: Funk Factory, which I haven't tried yet but have heard does terrific sours, and Working Draft, which is some people I know who turn out some killer pales and lagers. Oh! And the Dare Mighty Things series from The Brewing Projekt. One of my current favorite IPAs is one they did with Citra, Amarillo, El Dorado, and Mosaic.
jah003
S
Now I got it... I just assumed you had misspelled teacher. And would you've believe I've had 0 beers this week...?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of Funk, anyone have any update or input on what these two breweries have been up to? Just curious.

• Funkwerks
  • Collective Brewing Project
Kyle98
AG
Collective did a Peeps beer for Easter....
DallasAggie2012
AG
Besides the Peeps beer, Collective has been pretty quiet recently. They've done a lot of different "brettshake" style beers. Normally they have some sort of adjunct to go along with Brett and lactose. Pretty interesting but not anything life changing. Hopefully some of their coolship stuff is coming along in the near future.
La Fours
AG
Thanks for the suggestions. He ended up calling me from the grocery store about 10 minutes before you posted, didn't realize he was going so soon. So I just had him grab a 6er of spotted cow and a 4 pack of raspberry tart. We tried FaceTime but without knowing what to have him look for, just went with the known good ones.
jwag
AG
Didn't do the Peeps brew from Collective but my favorites are the Sour Red or Wood Folk which goes disto.

Dallas, will send you email manana. Congrats.
jwag
AG
La Fours, serendipity from NG is the jam. Enigma too if in season.
zephyrtexan
AG
Sounds like I should be sending YOU the beer.
La Fours
AG
Yessir. Serendipity, raspberry tart and Belgian red are all awesome.
62strat
AG
Former Rockwell's owner finally getting her new taphouse open.. for you NW Houstonian's on here. 30 craft beers, with a crowler machine.

https://www.facebook.com/brew30taphouse/?fref=mentions

Off spring cypress and telge.
cc10106
Happy for her and looking forward to visiting often, but I'll still miss that chicken fried steak.
cc10106
Chipotlemonger said:

This is a great beer from Cigar City.
Much better than the reg version. Gonna need to stock up.
CDub06
AG
Wood Folk is so stinkin' good
cc10106
Not sure about Funkwerks, but Collective recently released a blueberry lime gose. Haven't had it since College Station appears the closest area to Houston that got it. They also have some distro in Cali now as well and seem to be doing more brewery-only beers along with club member beers.
Hudson2508
AG
Should I be worried about shipping beer from Austin after the bombing stuff?
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://www.austinchronicle.com/food/2018-03-16/top-10-austin-breweries-of-2018/

Speaking of Austin, what do y'all think of these rankings? I think it's easier as a consumer to rank in tiers.
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

https://www.austinchronicle.com/food/2018-03-16/top-10-austin-breweries-of-2018/

Speaking of Austin, what do y'all think of these rankings? I think it's easier as a consumer to rank in tiers.
Any list that doesn't have ABW as #1 is trash...
Seriously though... ABGB as #1?
AgEng06
AG
ABW is top 3 in my opinion, and definitely not 5th.

I also think Real Ale is too high.
Chipotlemonger
AG
ABW should not be below ABGB. Just my 'pinion.
maca1028
How did red horn not make the list? Also, has anyone had one of these milkshake fruited ipas? Just doesn't sound right.
FaceMask
ABW definitely #1. Flavor Country, Pearl Snap and Peacemaker are insanely good
CDub06
AG
maca1028 said:

Also, has anyone had one of these milkshake fruited ipas? Just doesn't sound right.

Umm. Do you mean Heaven in a glass??
AgEng06
AG
Speaking of Red Horn, what are a few of the top beers they have going right now? I plan on dropping by this afternoon and picking up a few crowlers for the weekend.
reesei10
AgEng06 said:

Speaking of Red Horn, what are a few of the top beers they have going right now? I plan on dropping by this afternoon and picking up a few crowlers for the weekend.

I think it depends on what you like drinking right now. They have a good range of their beer that you can take home in a crowler. They are really good at giving out samples, so I say go sample and pick your favorites.
AgEng06
AG
I'm going to be outside most of the weekend, so looking for something hazy, juicy, etc..

Also, any of you local guys interested in meeting out there mid-afternoonish for a few beers?
reesei10
Hudson2508 said:

Should I be worried about shipping beer from Austin after the bombing stuff?
That is a good question. I heard that a UPS store was going to look inside your package (back closer to the bombings), but I am not sure what will happen if you use a UPS drop off location. I guess the first one to ship will let us know how that goes.

Here is something to think about: I am planning (not official yet) to take a trip up to my brothers in Dallas, and I was going to hand deliver my box while up there. May 4th. It is a month out and may be too far out for the beer you have selected but I wanted to offer up my service to hand deliver your box and jah003's. You will just need to get your box over to me in Round Rock. I will let you know if the trip is confirmed. My wife has a baby shower to throw and I was going to take the kids with me to my brothers for the weekend.
reesei10
AgEng06 said:

I'm going to be outside most of the weekend, so looking for something hazy, juicy, etc..

Also, any of you local guys interested in meeting out there mid-afternoonish for a few beers?
I had their Hazy Simcoe last weekend and thought it was very good.

The beer outing is very tempting. I have a lot of yard work to do this weekend so I am not sure if I can make it. If I can it might be for 1 beer.
AgEng06
AG
Thanks. I checked out their website and Hazy Simcoe is the one that jumped out at me.

I'll probably be out there around 3:30 or so, if you decide to take a break from the yard work.
jah003
S
AgEng06 said:

I could maybe swing by around 5-5:30 today. I'd have to see if the wife would allow it...
AgEng06
AG
I'm planning on being out of there by 5:00 or so. Got a few things going on this evening.
First Page Last Page
Page 1333 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.