Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,659,777 Views | 62636 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by maca1028
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The tourney winner might be seeing one of these soon.
txag2008
AG
Hah. If you know him, I know him. With 70 people in HS it was pretty easy to know everyone.
NColoradoAG
I lived in Hereford for 5 years before we moved to Colorado. My grandfather and all my aunts and uncles still live in the Amarillo area.
NColoradoAG
Anyone going to the spring game this weekend?
Hudson2508
AG
Hey, Midland is a beautiful place if you hate trees and love the smell of oil. Fellow West Texas kid here. Grew up in Midland. The beer selection there is atrocious though, may have gotten better recently.
Scriffer
AG
Yep, gonna be there with a couple buddies
NColoradoAG
Scriffer said:

Yep, gonna be there with a couple buddies
Nice. Hopefully we beat the hell out of Alabama so I can slam a few Juicy Bits in the Olson lot before going into Kyle.
dave99ag
AG
Bringing the family for the game. Parking is probably going to be a sh*t show.
Kyle98
AG
I grew up in Odessa. I go back as little as possible. Last time I was there was 2014 for my 20 year reunion.
txag2008
AG
The first box has landed. Geez.....Hudson put together one heck of a collection. From Florida to Washington to Vermont & Belgium, he covered it all. Great mix of different styles. You know it's an awesome box when I'm considering Sputnik the overlooked beer.

Thank you sir!

And now for the obligatory picture

And last but not least..........the champion aviator hat

Kyle98
AG
Glad I'm not going to be able to deliver my box for a while....can't compete with that!
jah003
S
Anyone got any extra GA tickets for the Bama game Saturday...? I'll make it worth your while if you do. Tried to get my wife and daughter a pair last weekend at the ticket office and the dude told me the event was too far away. They finally made tickets available online yesterday and they were immediately sold out. Tried to grab some on flash seats, but you aren't allowed to list GA anymore because people are too dumb to realize they aren't actual reserved seats... I'm not buying a $45 reserved seat so my daughter can play on the playground either...

/endrant
reesei10
How long did the box take to get there? I think Hudson shipped the box on Friday?
Hudson2508
AG
I dropped it off on Saturday late afternoon which basically means Monday. So it basically took one day.
txag2008
AG
Like Hudson said, it was pretty quick. The only thing that added time was because it was dropped off on a Saturday.

dave99ag
AG
Hoping to hit up B52 this weekend to get our boxes out sometime soon.
CDub06
AG
3.1 miles from my hotel to Galveston's new brewery "Devil & the Deep." I think I'm feeling an afternoon 5k.
reesei10
Hudson2508 said:

I dropped it off on Saturday late afternoon which basically means Monday. So it basically took one day.

What year was that Sputnik?
Hudson2508
AG
OG Sputnik.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The Karbach Brewery Restaurant was cited for, and I quote, "an employee with an excessive beard without restraint handling food." That might be the greatest health department citation ever.
AggieStout
AG
NColoradoAG said:

I'll be out there. Do I need to bring some beer. That's my question. Will there be enough from this board to do a share?
AggieStout
AG
Safe to say that I've embraced and fully jumped in to this NEIPA thing. Maybe half my fridge is hops.

Had a stand up guy get me the spindletap. The Bissle and trillium are from my friend who live like down the road from trillium finally sent me some. Veil and monkish were bought on secondary.

MathNewman06
AG
When should we expect the name change to AggieHaze?
AggieStout
AG
MathNewman06 said:

When should we expect the name change to AggieHaze?

Maybe the mods will let me change it just for the spring and summer then back to stout
AgEng06
AG
You can change it yourself in your profile, you just have to keep the new one for 6 months.
MattJaxson
AG
Bringing the Tennessee haze back to Houston for a few days. Good to be back in the land of Tex Mex and Whataburger.

zephyrtexan
AG
So I think Matt has set a reasonable expectation with the first box I received.

http://imgur.com/i5ug2cw
Wheatables02
AG
zephyrtexan said:

So I think Matt has set a reasonable expectation with the first box I received.

http://imgur.com/i5ug2cw
I don't even know what most of that is...
Robert C. Christian
AG
#ProperGlassware
Robert C. Christian
AG
Reminds me, I will be sending your box down with DallasAggie2012.

Also reminds me, it will not be this good.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Really nice box from jwag! Glad our ladies were able to meet at least and exchange the beers. Pumped for that Serendipity. Popped the Pirate Noir into the fridge first thing last night, and it certainly delivered. Pic

Also, Matt thanks for the awesome looking TN box! Can't wait to pick up my half from zephyrtexan soon and give them all a try.
NColoradoAG
AggieStout said:

NColoradoAG said:

I'll be out there. Do I need to bring some beer. That's my question. Will there be enough from this board to do a share?
I don't think there's time for a share between baseball and football. I just packed a four pack of DDH Galaxy Juicy Bits. I'll probably slam two in the Olson lot to lessen the blow of cocktails in the Zone Club.
Kyle98
AG
Anyone know anything about El Paso Brewing Company? Might try to swing by one evening this weekend.
CDub06
AG
EPBC is awful. Dead Beach is a bit better. Ode is the stand out in El Paso, but temper your expectations.
zephyrtexan
AG
Oh don't worry. Half of that is DallasAgs.

But making that clear initially wouldn't have been near as fun.
First Page Last Page
Page 1336 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.