Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,238 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by La Fours
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good man. Where is that exactly? SoCal or Hawaii?
Jock 07
AG
The Westin on Waikiki
K Bo
AG
Is there any Houston Haze still on shelves in Houston? I'd rather not blindly hit a few locations if I can avoid it. TIA
AggieStout
AG
Anyone know of good beer spots in Phoenix? Headed there this weekend. Looking for a good spot for lunch and a good brew
txag2008
AG
Angel's Trumpet Ale House is supposed to be good but I can't vouch for it. Other bars are Handlebar & Boulders On Broadway
Quincey P. Morris
AG
K Bo said:

Is there any Houston Haze still on shelves in Houston? I'd rather not blindly hit a few locations if I can avoid it. TIA
They had some at the HEB in League City a little while ago, but I'm not sure where you're at.
jh0400
AG
Midtown Spec's should have some.
K Bo
AG
I'm at 610/Woodway ... I was hoping HEB Bunker HiIl might still have some.

Thanks guys.
IronRed13
AG
Hit the Spring Valley Specs on your way to HEB Bunker. Seems folks forget about them sometimes for beer and can find some surprising shelf turds
turfman80
AG
I wish that I had picked up at least one more of these.

ChipFTAC01
AG
If anyone Is still looking for Eclipse there's still a ton of it st the Dairy Ashford Specs.
txag2008
AG
Whiskeee
cc10106
Since you're in the area, I'd check Central Market if you haven't already done so.
MathNewman06
AG

Top 5 sweetest beer I've had. Trying to decide if this makes slogging though the garbage in the Houston beer facebook groups worth it.
big-ag
AG
Anyone tried Lazy Magnolia Haze On NE IPA? Not a fan. Tasted like rancid orange juice.
La Fours
AG
I think I got diabeetus from just reading the label.
MathNewman06
AG
It's like drinking 12 oz of s'mores.
I've been working on it for an hour and I still have half left.
La Fours
AG
MathNewman06 said:

It's like drinking 12 oz of s'mores.
I've been working on it for an hour and I still have half left.

You should just dome the rest and go into a diabetic coma.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Buddy of mine had southern tier creme brle tonight, said it wasn't as sweet as he remembered it. I tried a sip to see how it compared to memory, and yea, it tasted a lot less sweet. Anyone else seen this or think this?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Buddy of mine had southern tier creme brle tonight, said it wasn't as sweet as he remembered it. I tried a sip to see how it compared to memory, and yea, it tasted a lot less sweet. Anyone else seen this or think this?
I don't think I've ever had that one, but Pumking and Warlock have both changed noticeably over the last few years and not particularly for the better.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Hadn't had this in a while and came across it. Have a blessed Saturday, beer thread homies.

Rock Ag
AG
CollinAB
AG
I'm having some French Quarter Temptress for the first time tonight. Regular Temptress doesn't really do it for me, but this is pretty great. I really liked the mole one last fall also.
Wheatables02
AG
CollinAB said:

I'm having some French Quarter Temptress for the first time tonight. Regular Temptress doesn't really do it for me, but this is pretty great. I really liked the mole one last fall also.

Is it out again? Haven't been to a store for weeks...
reesei10
Found some fresh Yellow Rose at HEB couldn't pass it up.

reesei10
Heard this today that Cigar City is contract brewing with Oscar Blues here in Austin. Does this sound right?
jah003
S
reesei10 said:

Heard this today that Cigar City is contract brewing with Oscar Blues here in Austin. Does this sound right?
Yep, that's correct. First batch of Jai Alai was not brewed at Oskar Blues... next batch will. So, be looking for super fresh Jai Alai in Austin here pretty soon.
CollinAB
AG
Re: French Quarter Temptress, the Southlake Central Market had quite a bit of it tonight.

And man, that is some fresh Yellow Rose.
jah003
S
Barrel aged RIS from Inbound Brewery in Minneapolis... bottle 136/500. Pretty tasty and pretty boozy.
Jock 07
AG
jah003 said:

reesei10 said:

Yep, that's correct. First batch of Jai Alai was not brewed at Oskar Blues... next batch will. So, be looking for super fresh Jai Alai in Austin here pretty soon.
hopefully their quality control is better than TG's operation in Florida
NColoradoAG
https://instagr.am/p/BfWbm1HDJe3
maca1028
I need juicy bits in my life.
CDub06
AG
Finally getting back on the road. Gonna knock a few more off of my to do list in ABQ this week. Albuquerque is the only good beer town in New Mexico. Talk about a beer desert.

(Santa Fe has its highpoints with Rowley & Duel for sure)
Wheatables02
AG
I have two Pliny the Elders, bottled the last week in Dec 2017. I am in DFW. Please pm me if you want to trade for them. They are not my cup of tea. Thanks!
La Fours
AG
Please tell me you have been to La Cumbre while in ABQ.
First Page Last Page
Page 1313 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.