Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,116 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
CDub06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Of course. The OG craft brewery in New Mexico. La Cumbre IS New Mexico craft beer.
La Fours
AggieFrankTX

Damned tasty Texas brew, at a very accesible price point.

I scored it 4.25/5.0 on unTappd, and I grade on a Bell Curve.
La Fours
AG
This will be a ****show of epic proportions. 500 bottles.

https://instagr.am/p/BfY9kVclGgd
BSD
AG
Bmac already has 8 bottles.
62strat
AG
BQ78 said:

They may have been using the word Stone for year but the cans he had in the video that just say Stone are way different than the ones in your post that say Keystone. Just as A&M has to protect the 12th Man I think Stone should go after those Keystone labels as an infringement. "Stone" is different than "Keystone." Plus any consumer confusion would be a definite detriment to Stone's reputation, as Keystone tastes like p!ss Water.
Sorry I was out for a few days.
But yeh, they did change it up a bit.. it still says keystone though, ol Greg just cleverly put his finger over the 'key'

it's word wrapped
Key
Stone
Light

In the video I posted, right at 9 second mark, that box straight up says '30 stones'

So they've used the word stone by itself in the past. That commercial is 8 years old. So the question becomes, why now?
CDub06
AG
Stopped by Boxing Bear and Turtle Mountain. I've hit a lot of the ABQ breweries so I thought I'd hit some outside the city. Boxing Bear was pretty good on the NM scale.

Boxing Bear was 75% hoppy beers. They said no one is drinking dark beers. So they only had one stout on tap (they've pulled one of their flagships). I was pretty surprised by that (it gets cold here) but their market is demanding these aggressive West Coast IPAs.
JamesBREI06
AG
Man. I'm coveting that beer. I did hop in the group for the next release. Jimmy is good people from what I can tell, but I've yet to met him in person yet.
Whoop!
MathNewman06
AG
Dropping 7 grand for 2 customized Prairie barrels and sharing them basically at cost when the others are getting marked up like crazy on the secondary market - definitely spells good people to me. Not to mention driving all over town with all of it to distribute.
I just met him at petrol to grab my two bottles and then had to run to take care of the kid, wish I could have hung out longer to buy a round and thank him, but it looked like he was well taken care of at that point.
He said he's looking to go for 6-7 barrels next time, which is just nuts.
jwag
AG
Tldr. In jest, Scots Gone Wild goodness or no?
jwag
AG
Real Ale I mean?...See it DFW a bit
maca1028
https://instagr.am/p/BfZVmmmA5jg
Another presale from our friends in Aldine.
La Fours
AG
jwag said:

Real Ale I mean?...See it DFW a bit
I'm a fan. It's one of the better MV beers that they do. Haven't had this latest release that I'm seeing on shelves. Not sure if it is bottles from last year that they released to stores, or if this was a new batch.
aggiemike02
AG
same exact thing i did. picked up 2 of each from his first round.
txag2008
AG
What's the story behind this? I'm in DFW so it really doesn't matter, but just out of curiosity...
MathNewman06
AG
https://tenemu.com/news/prairie-offering-chance-create-barrel-beer/08/2017

A couple guys in one of the Houston beer facebook groups went in on two Prairie Dawgs barrels, trucked them back to Houston and shared them with the group members who got in early enough to reserve them.

BSD
AG
One of my friends got in on a similar deal with some Cigar City "brew what you want" and came out with Marshall Zhukov Apple brandy barrel...I forget the rest. Anyways, I need to drink the bottle he gave me. Thanks for the reminder.
Bmac04
AG
I went in on 3 different barrels and they all turned out great.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Man do I love small-town CO liquor stores.

Yesterday, found a 2016 BA Bomb and half a case of 2016 Stickee Monkee bombers (my favorite). After blowing the week's budget on a bottle of each, I noticed a 2014 Tweak bottled on my bday, but had to abstain.
BSD
AG
Bmac04 said:

I went in on 3 different barrels and they all turned out great.

Of course you did.
BowSowy
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Buddy of mine had southern tier creme brle tonight, said it wasn't as sweet as he remembered it. I tried a sip to see how it compared to memory, and yea, it tasted a lot less sweet. Anyone else seen this or think this?
This is fake news
NColoradoAG
MathNewman06 said:

https://tenemu.com/news/prairie-offering-chance-create-barrel-beer/08/2017

A couple guys in one of the Houston beer facebook groups went in on two Prairie Dawgs barrels, trucked them back to Houston and shared them with the group members who got in early enough to reserve them.

Several of the Denver groups did this as well. I just got a few of the bottles. Have not had the chance to open any yet.
Bmac04
AG
Nice San Diego box today
Kyle98
AG
Nice. I'll be in San Diego next weekend to take the little one to the zoo and Sea World. Going to try to get to a brewery or two. I'm sure there are some family friendly ones.
txag2008
AG
maca1028 said:

If any Dallas folk plan on being able to order/pick up please let me know. I'd love add to that order and try either of these.
jah003
S
maca1028 said:

ISO
CDub06
AG
Waiting for my uber.

I'm at Bombs Away in ABQ (they're about 5 months old) and they are freaking killing it with their IPAs. They've got a couple of hazy entries that might be the best beers in the state.

I came from quarter Celtic who had some quality options, but their NEIPA was not good. They're doing some decently interesting stuff with good food.

I tried to start the night at High & Dry who opened this weekend, but they were sold out of some stuff and had to recall the other stuff so it was all guest taps.. Disappointing.

577 Brewery has been "coming soon" for like 2 years. They're now open across from my regular hotel but my expectations are super low. We'll see...
CDub06
AG
577 Brewery was hit or miss. But mainly miss.

ABQ Power Rankings:
1. Bombs Away
2. La Cumbre
3. Dialogue
4. Bow & Arrow
BowSowy
AG
How is that? Saw a ton of it at the Kroger on Shepherd but decided not to go for it.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Sweet new addition to Crooked Stave's distro portfolio: LA's Beachwood Blendery

Can't say enough good things about this Mosaic-anchored Amalgamator. Canned on 2/13

Well above average but not quite on Amalgamator's level, also within 8 days old.
La Fours
AG
Astrolabe is a decent sour. If you haven't had it before, I would say it's worth trying by once.
steve00
AG

My local bar put PtY on tap at noon today. I sweated it out until I could get off work at 5. Luckily they had a one per person limit. I walked in, had a Younger, then an Elder, then a ****, then an Elder. By then they were out of Younger. It was fantastic as usual.
docaggie
AG
steve00 said:

I walked in, had a Younger, then an Elder, then a ****, then an Elder.
Am I the only one who read this and thought "boy, that would sound bad out of context" - especially with the censoring?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Two Down
AG
I'm just trying to figure out what was censored
BSD
AG
Same here.

****?
****?
**********?
***********?
********?
**********?
First Page Last Page
Page 1314 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.