Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,971 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by maca1028
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
you guys are always talking about pliny the elder...just found a bar with it on tap right now
army01
AG
Where are you?
aggiespartan
AG
Portland, OR
army01
AG
Jealous
BSD
AG
Spartan, where did you find it? I know that Horse Brass alternates Pliny and Blind Pig but I never found another bar that carried it.
bonfirewillburn
AG

AG
To me Lagunitas beers all have a weird sweet/metallic taste. I don't know if it is the malt they use or maybe just something weird about my palate.
bonfirewillburn
AG
this one was wonderful, but I can understand what you are saying.
aggiespartan
AG
APEX has it right now.
aggiespartan
AG
btw, hbc is at the place mailing the beer out now.
Drip99
AG
Just popped a hibernation ale and man is that good stuff
AggieOO
Tonight have had a couple Belgian Whites and a couple Dunkeweizens. all homebrews.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Old Chub and Goose Island Christmas Ale 2009
hbc07
AG
Ninkasa sleigh'r for pregame breakfast beer. The bitter builds as an aftertaste
TxKng82
AG
Love Old Chub...had a couple of Boulevard Oktoberfests at the beginning of the game. One of the better Oktoberfest brews ive has this year.
corndog04
AG
I've seen Pliny on tap at times at horse brass, beermongers, Henry's 12th street tavern (Pearl), Roscoe's (eastside), and highland still house (Oregon city)
AggieOO
brewing a christmas ale right now.

i had to stop buying and tasting new beer b/c i have almost 200 bottles of homebrew in storage.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Real Ale Pale Ale. Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout.
BSD
AG
Sam Adams Utopias, a Sunday afternoon treat!

jetch17
BSD
AG
Jetch, there is plenty more, swing by sometime. Although after this weekend, I should probably dry out for a bit...at least til Friday.
jetch17
aggiespartan
AG
Holiday Ale Festival released the beer list

GregZeppelin
AG
Nice cheap local brew if any of you are ever in or around Cincinnati.

army01
AG
What year is the Utopias? I had the '03, I believe. Drank in in 2005. Serious alcohol. A sipping beer...I mean whiskey...I mean....hell, I'm still not sure what it was!
BSD
AG
It's a 2011 Utopias. I could age it I guess but had some good friends in town this weekend so we opened it up. It's almost like a Port with some brandy flavors as well as a beer component on the mid-palate. But yeah, a lot of alcohol in that sucker!

[This message has been edited by Bsd (edited 11/14/2011 11:15a).]
txag2k
AG
BSD, I'm sooo freaking jealous! Where did you pick up a bottle?

[This message has been edited by txag2k (edited 11/14/2011 11:16a).]
62strat
AG
In personal news (yet beer related); I just booked my flights for a 6 day trip to denver over spring break. I don't even know where I'll begin, but I'll be reporting here daily no doubt!
spadilly
S
Start at Great Divide. My favorite spot in Denver
OleDublinBobcat
Going to Great Divide when I visit my sister.
Sr. Gomez
Strat,

I've heard good things about Odell in Fort Collins. I'd be interested in hearing a report.

[This message has been edited by Sr. Gomez (edited 11/14/2011 11:47a).]
hbc07
AG
I'm employed as of last night, so I decided to buy some beer. I got mostly winter beers, while spartan got some fruity things.

from l to r
Lost Coast Tangerine
New Belgium Frambozen
Two Rivers Huckleberry Cider
Two Rivers Blood Orange Cider
Deschutes Conflux #2
Terminal Gravity Festivale
Cascade Lakes Slippery Slope Ale
Full Sail Wassail
Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale
Epic Brewing Fermentation without Representation Imperial Pumpkin Porter
Pelican Brewery Bad Santa
Hopworks Abominable Winter Ale
Widmer Barrel Aged Brrrbon 2010

You can also see a voodoo box in the background -- i had to have a maple bacon bar before i drank the beer

[This message has been edited by hbc07 (edited 11/16/2011 2:03p).]

[This message has been edited by hbc07 (edited 11/16/2011 9:57p).]
jetch17
AG
Heres 3 Floyds response to people b***hing about thier Anniversary party/Baller Stout release:

quote:
Wow, Three Floyds responds to online concerns over the organization and enjoyment of this past weekends XV Anniversary Party, which coincided with the brewery only release of XV Anniversary Baller Stout. Cheers.

It has come to our attention that many of the attendees of our 3 Floyds XV Anniversary party were less than thrilled with the organization and overall flow of the event. We’ve heard complains that people waited 3 hours to gain entrance to the party with pre-paid tickets, we’ve heard complaints that people waited in line for extra long periods of time to get our Baller Stout bottles, and we heard complaints that many of the speciality draft offerings we anticipated on pouring either never showed up, or blew quicker than anticipated. Since the end of April, we’ve been proudly hanging our hat on the fact that Dark Lord Day didn’t have any of these issues, yet somehow, we are getting the exact opposite response for this past weekend’s party. We would like to address these concerns with just a few bullet points.

Why don’t you find a better brewery in the surrounding area? Oh that’s right,you can’t!
Even though there were 4,000 less people at this event compared to DLD, we thought it wasn’t worth paying for extra resources or beer. We simply don’t care.
You’re a stupid part monkey part sheep who will be back for DLD and our next anniversary party, hopefully we can make it even worse for you.
You’re a stupid part monkey part sheep who will be miserable at our event and still fork over $50 for one of our rare beers.
We are metal as f*ck.
No matter how many years we throw parties, we will only note the mistakes, and not correct them. It’s a waste of time and we will still rake in more dough each year.
We line our pockets with your money,your tears and Satan, and we are very grateful for that.

I hope this addresses the situation in a nutshell, and we hope to see you come out to our next party, Dark Lord Day 2012, which is slated for late Spring. We’ll be sure to keep all of the concerns you’ve expressed over at BeerAdvocate and RateBeer in mind while we cover our d*cks in aluminum foil and proceed to make love to your backside.
BSD
AG
Can't wait for DLD after that gem!!!
BSD
AG
HBC, that's a nice haul!
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.