Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,758 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by steve00
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Inspector Spacetime said:

Doing some sales calls in Greeley since it's a tough day for selling anyway, and this way I can visit Weldwerks when I'm done
Im about to head down there myself. PM me your number and maybe we can meet up.
NColoradoAG
Inspector Spacetime said:

Update: the Juicy Bits hype is reaallll

I am not a huge fan of the pastry stout/sour trend, but these are pretty good.

Double barrel Medianoche drinks really nice for a 15.5%er. NoCo, know what the second barrel is? Bartenders are so busy I don't dare ask.
Both barrels were Breckenridge Bourbon. That single barrel batch was aged 11 months in a fresh barrel, then we racked that beer out in to a fresh barrel and aged it another 10 months.
cpscAG06
AG
Jester King is quiet, but cold. Lots of SPON on the menu. Also, they have about 7 or 8 50/50 eclipse variants that are not on the to-go menu.
MathNewman06
AG
I just picked up some eclipse at spec's. I got the Willett and grand cru. Wishing I had grabbed vanilla now, but the cart was filling and the wallet was emptying.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
MathNewman06 said:

I just picked up some eclipse at spec's. I got the Willett and grand cru. Wishing I had grabbed vanilla now, but the cart was filling and the wallet was emptying.

I'm curious, what's the price point they're at? Have always been around $30 but have seen them on sale as low as $25
MathNewman06
AG
MathNewman06
AG

Smith st specs had everything except maple, Belle Meade, and Joe Magnus
AgEng06
AG
Considering my first Coffee BCBS was infected, this is a welcome experience...

jah003
S
Still think Lagunitas did a better job with those High West barrels... but this is pretty tasty.
Kyle98
AG
cpscAG06 said:

Jester King is quiet, but cold. Lots of SPON on the menu. Also, they have about 7 or 8 50/50 eclipse variants that are not on the to-go menu.

I'm at the in-laws in Elgin, might make the trek out there and back tomorrow.
Scriffer
AG
Stout weather

Pretty dang good. Just wish I had 2013 left
fav13andac1)c
AG

Yeah last night's a bit blurry
AggieStout
AG
Damn. Been busy all day and just saw this. What are the quantities 4 packs? Wouldn't mind getting 1 of each but you might of already put your order in.
maca1028
AggieStout said:

Damn. Been busy all day and just saw this. What are the quantities 4 packs? Wouldn't mind getting 1 of each but you might of already put your order in.

Houston Haze sold out but I've got you covered on the other 2.
AggieStout
AG
Thank you. Let me know what I owe you or we can work something out. I also have a FO b3. Got two on secondary and didn't really like it. Was really really really sweet so I'd be willing to part ways with it.
maca1028
AggieStout said:

Thank you. Let me know what I owe you or we can work something out. I also have a FO b3. Got two on secondary and didn't really like it. Was really really really sweet so I'd be willing to part ways with it.

Shoot me an email mbryan116 at yahoo
lne2011
AG
Visiting the In-laws in El Valle, heading to Big River Brewing in McAllen. Had no clue there was a brewery in El Valle.
maca1028
No trip to McAllen is complete without a stop at Delia's for some tamales.
lne2011
AG
Mother-in-law has that taken care of.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Made it out to Jester King this afternoon. Least busy I have ever seen it, and both the drink and bottles to go menus were insanely good.

This one was the Vague Collection. My favorite one of the day. Made with the pomance (?) of some Syrah and Sangiovese grapes, the spent skins, stems, seeds combination.
maca1028
lne2011 said:

Mother-in-law has that taken care of.

jetch17
AG
Some fresh ass yellow rose

Kyle98
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Made it out to Jester King this afternoon. Least busy I have ever seen it, and both the drink and bottles to go menus were insanely good.

This one was the Vague Collection. My favorite one of the day. Made with the pomance (?) of some Syrah and Sangiovese grapes, the spent skins, stems, seeds combination.

I couldn't get away today to get out there. Might try early tomorrow, assuming they're open Christmas Eve.
steve00
AG
Had some Offshoot Friendsgiving on tap today. Pretty great juicy DIPA from The Bruery's side project.
AggieStout
AG
Email sent
cpscAG06
AG
Drinking that right now, Chipotle. It is pretty good. Biera de Blanc du bois was amazing on tap. Sucks that they sold out on bottles
AggieOO
Big river and rabble rouser.

There's another opening somewhat soon in sharyland.

Those, plus Roosevelt's for beer and Salt for dinner take care of me when I'm down there for work.
jetch17
AG
Starting high with a '16 and moving down towards New Years

lne2011
AG
Talked to Steve(brewer/owner), seemed like a great guy. Beers are good, enjoyed their IPAs. They're trying a hazy IPA(Juice Hooch), but there's improvement needed and he's aware of that.

Small batches, looked like a 5 barrel system, tops. They had a blonde ale, 2 ambers, 4 IPAs, Rye, Wheat, Milk stout(seasonal) and a cranberry saison(didn't taste much cranberry).
Jock 07
AG
Discovered a new brewery in my in laws neck of the woods today, Rentsch. Not bad and a pretty cool little patio area. Had a good BBA stout on tap.
Chipotlemonger
AG
in hindsight I should've gotten the Blanc du Bois there on tap instead of Black Metal, since i knew I was heading home with a bomber anyways. But Black Metal is one of my favorites and this batch is really solid.

I think past batches have been more in the 10+% ABV range, but this one was just 8.7%. Had a different sour feel to it too.
lne2011
AG
5 miles away from Big River is a Grain to Glass. Good beer selection and good was good too.
Bmac04
AG
What's everyone sippin on today

Robert C. Christian
AG
Plan for tonight:
BA Ten Fidy
Prairie Christmas
BA Pumpkinator
jh0400
AG
#whalez

First Page Last Page
Page 1293 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.