Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,366 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by jah003
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More details plz
maca1028
Traded Aurelian, Jk grape sour, and some local stuff for bottle logic stout and some west coast stuff.
The guy has a ton of good reviews on TB but we agreed to ship the Monday after thanksgiving and still no beer on my end.
Got with him about a week and a half ago to make sure the box I sent got there and he apologized for being bogged down at work and said he'd make up for it, still, no beer.
I'm usually pretty patient with this stuff but this is the longest I've had one drag out.
Tomorrow I might just send the obligatory "you haven't forgotten about me have you?" and see what happens.
Bmac04
AG
Has definitely been long enough to say hey man where the F is my beer.
Represent830
AG
Did he send a tracking number? He hasn't even shipped yet?

I'd give him a last, "hey have you forgot about me?" text but after that you need to go to BBT. Especially if you agreed to ship at the same time and he's received his.

Has he been in constant communication though? Like every few days "hey i'm working on it sorry i'm busy" type thing or is he ghosting you? If it is the latter, light him up.
SoTxAg
AG
Had a FW 2017 Velvet Merkin after dinner last night. Very nice.
Hugo Stiglitzz
The only excuse I would accept is he's a firefighter , b/c that's no bull***** Those folks are/were getting torched down in Anaheim . Otherwise, yeah he should have shipped by now.
ChipFTAC01
AG
While I was reviewing the receipt from our departmental Christmas party last week I noticed that someone had ordered several Celia Whites. That's a brewery I hadn't heard of in a long time and it harkened me back to DoubleDaves on Northgate in the late 90s and drinking "good beer" underage with my roommate who worked there.

I honestly couldn't recall the last time I saw a Celia so I pulled up their Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celis_(beer)

Apparently Mr. Celis founded Hoegarden, sold it to InBev, founded Celis in Austin, sold it to Miller who ran it into the ground and now his daughter has required the rights and is brewing Celis again.

Interesting story I had no idea of. Celis was one of the first non-binding beers I ever had.
NColoradoAG
maca1028 said:

Traded Aurelian, Jk grape sour, and some local stuff for bottle logic stout and some west coast stuff.
The guy has a ton of good reviews on TB but we agreed to ship the Monday after thanksgiving and still no beer on my end.
Got with him about a week and a half ago to make sure the box I sent got there and he apologized for being bogged down at work and said he'd make up for it, still, no beer.
I'm usually pretty patient with this stuff but this is the longest I've had one drag out.
Tomorrow I might just send the obligatory "you haven't forgotten about me have you?" and see what happens.
I'd go ahead and out him on TalkBeer just to watch the fireworks.

Especially if you've tired of DC speculation and drama on the football boards.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Any update?
maca1028
maca1028
Nothing yet. Sent him a message this morning, we'll see.
62strat
AG
Major price reduction on my breck condo available MLK weekend in Jan. Snow is light this year, so the price drops! Any beer thread takers?

https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/2850516
jetch17
AG
sh*t that looks awesoome, love Breckenridge
Connd
Speaking of breck. I'll be heading there this Thursday. I've been going there for the past few years and am real tired of the beer offerings of the bars and city liquors. So I'm calling on my fellow booze bags, what and where are te best bottle shops in the surrounding area. I have no problem driving to Frisco/Dillion/silvethorne or other close areas.
Jock 07
AG
I typically load up at Base Camp in Frisco. They typically have a pretty decent selection.
NColoradoAG
Connd said:

Speaking of breck. I'll be heading there this Thursday. I've been going there for the past few years and am real tired of the beer offerings of the bars and city liquors. So I'm calling on my fellow booze bags, what and where are te best bottle shops in the surrounding area. I have no problem driving to Frisco/Dillion/silvethorne or other close areas.
Base Camp is a good spot. If you like IPA's, just go to Outer Range and stock up on growlers and cans.
62strat
AG
Several good beer bars in Breck. Apres, Kenosha steak house, I know there are some more.
Connd
Thanks! Usually we're at Ollie's after the mountain for $2 coors, but that needs to change. I'll for sure go to base camp.
Mort Rainey

Looking forward to this one!
AgEng06
AG
Good stuff...

Bmac04
AG
Interesting MNF game for a spot in the championship
MattJaxson
AG
It would be ideal if Mike Evans breaks out of his season long funk in the 2nd half, but not counting on it.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Mike Evans needs to stay in the locker after halftime
Bmac04
AG
Getting really interesting now
Hugo Stiglitzz
Martin out of the game?
Bmac04
AG
Coaches decision DNP. I'll take it
AggieStout
AG
Jetch is one good dude. Proxyed my brash allotment for me and was able to pick up some extras for as well. Thanks again buddy.
AggieStout
AG
A day late. But you guys inspired me. I'm liking this.
62strat
AG
Finally have this thing set up and pouring beers! Man when I did this years ago before kids, it was a weekend project hah. I've been working on this since September.

Just need a drip tray, and thinking about painting all the white to black. Then next summer will determine if I need insulation around the inside of the collar.
maca1028
That's awesome man!
Mort Rainey
That's sick!
La Fours
AG
Very cool. Nice work.
dave99ag
AG
Nice looking keezer! I built a 4-tap system several years ago. Pretty certain I have some well-aged IPAs in mine before kiddos came along. One day I'll get to brew again.
AggieStout
AG
So this made it to Austin. Grabbed one today at lunch at east 1st. Super thrilled.
dave99ag
AG
Curious to know how the BA Marfa Lights tastes. I was given a bottle the last time I was at the brewery, but haven't opened the bottle yet.
First Page Last Page
Page 1290 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.