Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,569,197 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by La Fours
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dave99ag said:

Nice looking keezer! I built a 4-tap system several years ago. Pretty certain I have some well-aged IPAs in mine before kiddos came along. One day I'll get to brew again.
yeh I took a brewing hiatus from spring 2012 to earlier this summer. In those 5 years we moved to CO, lived in an apt for a year, then bought and furnished a house, and then filled it with 2 kids

Then in July I acquired all my uncle's brew gear (I sold 80% of mine when we moved), so I quickly got back into brew mode. Since July I've brewed four 10 gallon batches (seen on the keezer), and will do a 5 gal batch of doppelbock on Thursday.

I think I've only bought like 3 or 4 six packs since July! Also slowly making my way through my basement bomber room, up to 200+ at one point, maybe 120 now.

I'm glad I got back into it.. but I forget how it seems to make time and money disappear hah.
AggieStout
AG
dave99ag said:

Curious to know how the BA Marfa Lights tastes. I was given a bottle the last time I was at the brewery, but haven't opened the bottle yet.

It's really really good. Had it on draft at the Austin beer fest. Was my fav of the day.
Bmac04
AG
A little vacation day drinking
Jock 07
AG
How's the rare? Worth the price of admission?
Bmac04
AG
I thought regular BCBS was the best of all of them this year
Hudson2508
AG
Found a BA Marfa Lights today as well. Excited to try it.
txag2008
AG
I typically do my best to stay away from Uptown, but for any of you Dallas folks, Malai Kitchen is making some great IPAs.

Lunar Lion
Bmac04
AG
Agreed. The head brewer is going to open his own place in the spring.
Represent830
AG
AggieStout said:

Jetch is one good dude. Proxyed my brash allotment for me and was able to pick up some extras for as well. Thanks again buddy.

Speaking of, does anyone else have any HSF, MTV, or Black Masses?
txag2008
AG
Nice. You have any details about location or brewery name?
Represent830
AG
Bmac04 said:

A little vacation day drinking

Blended was one of my favorite beers I've ever had. Thought it was incredible.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Can confirm this is still good lukewarm while working in a hotel on a Tuesday. Also thanks for the tips on finding it a few pages back.
Jock 07
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Can confirm this is still good lukewarm while working in a hotel on a Tuesday. Also thanks for the tips on finding it a few pages back.

You work for Texags? Think we found our beer thread staph rat
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Jock 07
AG
You said you were working while drinking a beer, all I see on your computer is texags
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Jock 07 said:

You said you were working while drinking a beer, all I see on your computer is texags
Said every boss of an Aggie ever.
Bmac04
AG
Celestial Brewing
2530 Butler St, Dallas, TX 75235
62strat
AG
Hah, awesome.

Caption:
"Well folks, we tried. Despite using the latest in craft brewing technology, we missed the mark. Unfortunately, Project Alpha 20 is as clear as they come. The good news is, it's still delicious and it's on tap today at 3:00 PM!"

AggieOO
AggieStout said:

dave99ag said:

Curious to know how the BA Marfa Lights tastes. I was given a bottle the last time I was at the brewery, but haven't opened the bottle yet.

It's really really good. Had it on draft at the Austin beer fest. Was my fav of the day.
picked up a bottle at Sunrise last night. He still had a case left as of about 8p last night.
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

and while i'm on the topic of West Texas, was at the Gage on Saturday night. Apparently, they hit some delays with the brewpub in Marathon. Looking like a March opening now.
maca1028
Spindletap presale this Friday.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/last-beer-release-for-2017-tickets-41469579629?ref=eios&aff=eios
jah003
S
Pro tip... Total Wine Lakeline in Austin has BCBS for $8.99.
AggieOO
They had cases laying around, so I guess they needed to clear space. Was the barleywine on sale too?
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

They had cases laying around, so I guess they needed to clear space. Was the barleywine on sale too?
Nope... still $14.99. Only a few bottles left though.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

I think this was my first post on the Beer Thread. What the hell was happening? Was thinking recently about how long I've been around this thread. This post was the year prior to when I started really getting into it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Been digging Ballast Point beers out of San Diego lately. Had their IPA 1st, a couple months ago (highly recommend for the IPA drinkers out there), and lager for the 1st time this weekend.

Grapevine brewery Lakefire is a rye pale ale that is getting easier to find around DFW. Had it before when out that way but saw it in store in Allen this weekend for the 1st time.

All 3 come in 6-pack cans.

/bump

This was my first legit post, about 9 months after 11500.

The mystery of "11500"
AggieStout
AG
maca1028 said:

Spindletap presale this Friday.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/last-beer-release-for-2017-tickets-41469579629?ref=eios&aff=eios
I think i might try and do this and buy some. Too bad i was there this past weekend and they had none of this there
maca1028
I didn't realize that I've been around here that long.
Represent830
AG
maca1028 said:

Update?
maca1028
Represent830 said:

maca1028 said:

Update?

No response since I sent the message yesterday.
cc10106

Well this is developing nicely.
Geriatric Punk
AG
txag2008 said:

I typically do my best to stay away from Uptown, but for any of you Dallas folks, Malai Kitchen is making some great IPAs.

Lunar Lion

Soooo good. Was skeptical the first time I went there (we live in Keller and hit the Southlake shop), but man is the beer good. I had 3 Lions Saturday. Wish they did growlers.

Great to hear the head brewer is opening a shop. Would love to get some of this stuff into distribution.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Has anyone been to Copperhead Brewery in Conroe? Is it any good? I'm heading down to visit family and want to check out a spot while I'm down there. We did Lone Pint last trip.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
How did I miss that Cigar City is coming to Texas? Jai Alai got label approval.
jah003
S
Lucky #007 said:

How did I miss that Cigar City is coming to Texas? Jai Alai got label approval.
Brewing out of Oskar Blues... can't wait.
First Page Last Page
Page 1291 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.