Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,628 Views | 62656 Replies | Last: 57 min ago by swampstander
Robert C. Christian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charge your phone!
62strat
AG
Beer threaders who also ski.. check out my listing for a ski in/ski out in Breck. Time to book your vacation!

https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/2850516

Thousands of satisfied texaggers!*

(* - 1 satisfied texagger)

Jock 07
AG
I'm heading over there by myself from 29 Dec-3 Jan while the wife and kid stay in Texas. Staying up in the mountains well beyond my means so I plan on staying in golden or somewhere on the west side of Denver and driving up and back each day. I'm planning on hitting up vail, beaver creek, and maybe a day or two at copper winterpark. This is all assuming the snow is good by then. To make it beer related I'll certainly be hitting up base camp while I'm up there to see what kind of Casey stuff I can grab to bring back with me.

/cool story
NColoradoAG
Represent830 said:

Did some trading and everything came in this last week. Looking forward to a great thanksgiving week.
This is a lot of hops for someone who doesn't like IPA's
txag2008
AG
Speaking of, you either have to be really thirsty, have a lot of friends, or don't mind drinking 'non-fresh' IPAs.
BSD
AG
A quick bite to eat on my Gravity Falls inspired road trip.

jh0400
AG
BSD said:

A quick bite to eat on my Gravity Falls inspired road trip.

You bringing a load of Pliny back to the Tine?
BSD
AG
jetch17
La Fours
maca1028
Represent830
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Represent830 said:

Did some trading and everything came in this last week. Looking forward to a great thanksgiving week.
This is a lot of hops for someone who doesn't like IPA's

Trying out the New England style. So far the experiment isn't going well.
maca1028
Feel free to send the rest this way.
jah003
S
Walked into H-E-B today, grabbed a 4 pack of Black Note, paid the lady, and walked out... what a time to be alive.
txag2008
AG
You've got 500+ oz to continue experimenting with. Don't be a quitter.
La Fours
AG
I'll split it with you.
jh0400
AG
I'm interested in whatever if the Tree House you're not able to choke down.
AggieStout
AG
All i want to know is simple info on the BCBS release in Austin and Specs, whole foods have no idea and no information. This thing is 3 days away, how do they not know whats coming in or how much? Do the distributors really leave them in the dark until day of.

Just trying to figure out where I need to drive to and wait in line in order to get all variants. A man's gotta have a plan!
NColoradoAG
AggieStout said:

All i want to know is simple info on the BCBS release in Austin and Specs, whole foods have no idea and no information. This thing is 3 days away, how do they not know whats coming in or how much? Do the distributors really leave them in the dark until day of.

Just trying to figure out where I need to drive to and wait in line in order to get all variants. A man's gotta have a plan!
This your first time? It seems most stores are clueless or withhold the information. Think about it, most of the stores employ people who make minimum wage and don't give a rats ass about Bourbon County. Maybe one or two people in the store know what they've ordered and whether it'll be fulfilled. Just go wherever sells the most Bud products and get in line real early.

FYI, it's a ridiculous waste of time and you can trade for all the beers easily in a week.
jah003
S
Just texted my guy at Lakeline... he's getting everything but rare. I'll have him put aside a bottle of each for me and you can have them if you want. I'll just grab a bottle or two to regular and call it good.
austin08
S
jah003 said:

austin08 said:

#11 out of my stash...Been in the refrigerator for about a month. Most of the spices are gone but it's not bad.
So you've consumed 11 Pumpkinators in like 4 weeks...?

Ha no. That was #11 out of my 2015 stash. I kind of went a bit overboard that year and bought a **** ton. I've since calmed down.
NColoradoAG
jah003 said:

Just texted my guy at Lakeline... he's getting everything but rare. I'll have him put aside a bottle of each for me and you can have them if you want. I'll just grab a bottle or two to regular and call it good.
Always good to have a direct line to that one guy in the store who knows what's coming in.
AggieStout
AG
Na not my first time, just like to get the info and be able to plan out my Friday. I like to get multiples because I drink em year round. Also only had the rare once and liked it but didnt like to pay $75-90 for it so if i can get it at retail then ill be happy. Also never had the coffee before and want to try it. Plus I need to get some to send to a guy for a couple of packs of BA Plead the 5th.

Maybe I'm just too excite about stout season being in full effect
AggieStout
AG
jah003 said:

Yes please. See HEB always knows whats coming and going. Now what does he know about that CBS coming next week?
Mort Rainey
austin08 said:

jah003 said:

austin08 said:

#11 out of my stash...Been in the refrigerator for about a month. Most of the spices are gone but it's not bad.
So you've consumed 11 Pumpkinators in like 4 weeks...?

Ha no. That was #11 out of my 2015 stash. I kind of went a bit overboard that year and bought a **** ton. I've since calmed down.

That was a great batch though. Didn't like the 16s as much
Mort Rainey
Chipotlemonger
AG

Jester King really putting out a lot now. Something for everyone, and as I believe jah mentioned previously, getting better for bottle/tap lists there and not having to fight crowds as crazy as often.
Mort Rainey

Been waiting all day for this!
jh0400
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Jester King really putting out a lot now. Something for everyone, and as I believe jah mentioned previously, getting better for bottle/tap lists there and not having to fight crowds as crazy as often.

If anyone ends up with an extra, I'm interested.
Hudson2508
AG
The lines and bottle list have been awesome the last two times I've been. No line or hype for the fruited releases. And now that they've moved to lotteries for the crazy limited bottles no lines for those either. I'm fully on board with this. Their trade value is down but that's fine with me since I love drinking them.
La Fours
AG
Crowlers are coming to College Station. Blake's Steaks will be filling crowlers from their taps once they are open for business. Blake's Steaks is opening a brick and mortar location on University Dr by Ghengis Grill and Wing Stop. Knowing the beer guy, they will have a good tap line up. Hopefully the prices are good as well.
Represent830
AG
Hudson2508 said:

The lines and bottle list have been awesome the last two times I've been. No line or hype for the fruited releases. And now that they've moved to lotteries for the crazy limited bottles no lines for those either. I'm fully on board with this. Their trade value is down but that's fine with me since I love drinking them.

I said this to my buddy too. Their trade value is down but I'm finding myself not caring. That taplist is insane and fruited sours last 3-4 weeks. It's awesome.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jh0400 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

If anyone ends up with an extra, I'm interested.
Trying to convince Reesei to go with me on Friday.
AggieStout
AG
Another one on Friday from JK
maca1028
First Page Last Page
Page 1276 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.