Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,244 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by La Fours
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have the link to that doc we set up a while ago with everyone's Untappd names and did it have email addresses?
AggieStout
AG
What's the expected course of action here. Never had to deal with this before. Bought them off MbC for a pretty sizeavle amount of cash.

Emailed seller with the pics to see what he wants to do. What should I ask for? Refund for that bottle? Hope he replaces it?
La Fours
AG
Give him the choice of replacing it with the same or equal value beer or a refund.
AggieStout
AG
Update. Looks like he is going to file a claim and send me a refund. Do I get to drink what's left of this beer then?
La Fours
AG
He's not giving you a full refund is he? Just refunding you the price for that bottle.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Here's the link to all the usernames: Untapped Usernames

It doesn't have email addresses in it, but I made a column for emails if people do want to put those in there.
AggieStout
AG
Yeah I would think just for the bottle. Paid 184 for the set of 2. So hopefully getting $92 back. We'll see
AggieStout
AG
jetch17 said:

AggieStout said:

Jetch, let's make a deal and some arrangements for brash. Email me

Hey man, sorry I haven't been around much this week and just saw this. I'll drop you a note.
shot you a reply email
jcbaggie04
AG
I was looking for a good reason to celebrate and enjoy a great beer. All I got was opening night of NFL and that's good enough. Drinking a 2014 BCBS coffee stout. It's absolutely beautiful.
jah003
S
AggieStout
AG
AggieStout said:

Update. Looks like he is going to file a claim and send me a refund. Do I get to drink what's left of this beer then?

How does one file a shipping claim for the leaked bottle when it's beer that was shipped? He just say it was something else. Interest in how that works now due to my situation.

Bmac04
AG
I would offer to send it back if he wants it provided he sends you a label. Most likely he won't want to pay for a beer to be shipped back to him that's already been damaged but I've had people that have wanted the original bottle back for some reason.
Bmac04
AG
Made arrangements before the UCLA game to get a ton of beer to take down for the home opener but then Sumlin happened and I decided it's not worth the drive down.

Scriffer
AG
If only there were a beer threader who work two blocks from you....
wessimo
AG
Checking out Platypus for the first time today. Good beer, food and patio. The beer styles are not cutting edge but enjoyable nonetheless.
zephyrtexan
AG
I have a hard time going there since the owner is kind of a dick.

Edit: I just realized that that's a very generic and ridiculous thing to say without giving detail. My brother worked there for a few months and has since moved on because of the owner. Guy has decent vision but he's abrasive and somewhat manipulative. Not a huge fan of his.

Like the beer, though.

Hey, random question: when are we doing a beer share this season? I've got some beers I'd love to share.
jah003
S
For your entertainment pleasure... Guesses for the Trail of Tears for Beers contest...

big-ag
AG
Andy W is me
La Fours
AG
Damn bro. Living on the edge there at 3%.
jah003
S
La Fours said:

Damn bro. Living on the edge there at 3%.
Went to Sturgill Simspson last night. Came home and crashed and forgot to plug my phone in. Sitting at a cool 11% as we speak.
Represent830
AG
jah003 said:

For your entertainment pleasure... Guesses for the Trail of Tears for Beers contest...

**** is this closed?
Represent830
AG

Top one was opened because I got knocked out of my fantasy baseball playoffs despite having the best team.

Bottom was for the game last night. Needed something dark and strong to watch us almost lose to powerhouse Nicholls State.
MathNewman06
AG
jah003 said:

turfman and I with exactly the same bid.
jah003
S
Yea, shut it down before Nicholls. Just in case they found a way to lose (which almost happened)...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
How might one go about finding that Ghost Pixel teku? That thing is awesome.
Scriffer
AG
jah003 said:

I am the sourest of sourpusses.
AggieStout
AG
Scriffer said:

jah003 said:

I am the sourest of sourpusses.

I think your the realist. I kinda want to change mine to 4-8
Represent830
AG
Lucky #007 said:

How might one go about finding that Ghost Pixel teku? That thing is awesome.

They might still have some at the Southtown location.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Superb. Hell of an IPA from Weldwerks.
AggieStout
AG
tonight beer

Beer mail from Friday.
Jock 07
AG
Found this amusing and figured y'all might get a kick out of it as well.
https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/types-of-beer-snobs
ChipFTAC01
AG
Anyone had any of the beers from Vallensons in Pearland? While returning a kayak to a coworker last week I ended up chatchatting her husband and son in law about beer for a bit. They both said a lot of their beers were better than anything anyone was putting out in Houston. Wonder if that's just hometown pride.
turfman80
AG
MathNewman06 said:

jah003 said:

turfman and I with exactly the same bid.
You looked on my paper!!
Kyle98
AG
Got back home yesterday. We drove from El Paso to Orange in just over 3 days. Our higher headquarters were shocked we got there so fast, said we stampeded across the state. So, my battalion commander named our task force Task Force Stampede.

The morning I flew to El Paso, I kegged my first attempt at a New England IPA. I named it Stampede in honor of our Task Force. It came out pretty damn tasty.

62strat
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Superb. Hell of an IPA from Weldwerks.
Man that looks like a yeast dump from my conical hah.
First Page Last Page
Page 1252 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.