Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,907 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Jock 07
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You're awesome Kyle.

On a less heroic note, here's my beer haul for the game tonight. I love San Diego.

jetch17
AG
AggieStout said:

Jetch, let's make a deal and some arrangements for brash. Email me

Hey man, sorry I haven't been around much this week and just saw this. I'll drop you a note.
ChipFTAC01
AG
My house is still flooded in, so I'm bunker down with my parents. I spent all day yesterday and today canoeing and wading through literal **** water. I get back to my parents this afternoon and after a shower and some tacos, all I wanted to do was watch a ****ing football game. And my cheap ass dad informs me they have cut the cable and while they have some channels, they don't have Fox. And I bought a 6 pack of Axis IPA and I've come to the conclusion that Mosaic hops are my least favorite.
Scriffer
AG
Dang man. That's a rough night.

Except for the mosaic hops comment. You just happen to be incorrect on that one :-)
ChipFTAC01
AG
Mosaic hops are the ones that taste like a pine cone, right?
maca1028
I'm sorry to hear that man! Kind of the same here, I just got home from pretty much demolishing my friends house from the flood and my cable has been out for a week now.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I would describe it as Froot Loops
Kyle98
AG
I bet you needed all of that to get through that debacle. Glad I missed most of it.
FlyFish95
Inspector Spacetime said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

I would describe it as Froot Loops
Pinesol
AggieOO
Ballast point in long beach is pretty sweet. Right on the water. Have witnessed a seagull rescue and watched dolphins swim by. Plus, beers are great.
AggieStout
AG
I've had many of these but this beer for it's ready availability and taste is great.

Chipotlemonger
AG

Been meaning to post this. Thank you NColorado!

Can't wait to try some Weldwerks out. (My dog was curious)
Jock 07
AG
Just rolled into San Diego. Staying on Coronado. If I only had time for 2 or 3 breweries what's the most convenient/best choices? Looking at taking the ferry over to the gas lamp. Also, best beer store in the area? Been a few years since I've been down here and not current with the local scene. Any suggestions Steve, or others?
NColoradoAG
Jock 07 said:

Just rolled into San Diego. Staying on Coronado. If I only had time for 2 or 3 breweries what's the most convenient/best choices? Looking at taking the ferry over to the gas lamp. Also, best beer store in the area? Been a few years since I've been down here and not current with the local scene. Any suggestions Steve, or others?
We only hit Modern Times when we were out there two weeks ago for the festival. North Park was an easy Uber and there's a lot of beer centric places up there. Modern Times has a tasting room with beer to go and there's Toronado.

There is a bottlecraft in Little Italy and North Park.

All I can say is when you're over near downtown do not sleep on The Crack Shack.

Steve had a lot of great suggestions. Wish we had a couple more days out there.
jah003
S
Now that nearly everyone has lost interest in the football season... Let's spice things up a bit.

Your mission... Predict the final record (bowl game not included) for the A&M football season. Tiebreaker is the amount of rushing yards A&M accumulates against LSU (yes... You can go negative).

Winner takes home a delicious box of beer from yours truly (or Scriffer's beer).

You need to at least be a semi active poster to enter. Please email me your guesses at jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com I need entries by the start of the game Saturday against Nicholls.

May the most pessimistic beer threader/football fan win.
Jock 07
AG
Thanks for the recommendations, hoping to sneak away to toranado but don't know if that's gonna happen for me. Hanging out at modern times right now. From my limited experience with their distribution stuff I knew they were doing good stuff, but this brewery only **** is on a whole nother level.
AggieStout
AG
That's nice of you. Big ups for this
txag2008
AG
Good bull. Can call it your Aggie Football Trail of Tears for Beers
Represent830
AG
Oh man... that KLPB is absolutely incredible.
Jock 07
AG
Morning beers on the beach
BQ78
AG
I just went to Killowatt and White Labs in Kearny Mesa. White Labs used to be just the yeast maker for the SD craft brewers and now they make their own too. They will give you a flight of beers with the same recipe but different yeast strains to show how tht changes the beers. Killowatt has a lot of sours, not quite Jester King or Russian River IMO but not bad, cool environment to hang out.
jah003
S
So far I have 3 entries for "A&M's Trail of Tears for Beers". That's sad. Get your entries in by Saturday. If we hit 15 entries winner is guaranteed an Atrial...
dave99ag
AG
In.

A double-tie breaker should be whom the coach will be in December.
Represent830
AG
jah003 said:

So far I have 3 entries for "A&M's Trail of Tears for Beers". That's sad. Get your entries in by Saturday. If we hit 15 entries winner is guaranteed an Atrial...

You just posted it last night! Give a man some time to decide whether we go 4-8 or 5-7.
AggieOO
jah003 said:

well, that pretty much makes me less likely to enter.
dave99ag
AG
AggieOO said:

jah003 said:

You do have friends you know!
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

AggieOO said:

jah003 said:

friends that turned down russian river sours, i remind you.
Scriffer
AG
AggieOO said:

dave99ag said:

AggieOO said:

jah003 said:

friends that turned down russian river sours, i remind you.
This friend didn't!
dave99ag
steve00
AG
Sorry I missed this. Been killing tasting menus and wine pairings in Mexico City.

I would have said Modern Times, Societe and Toronado. If you want a bunch of places at once, Mikkeller, Alesmith, Green Flash and Ballast Point are all next to each other, with more places in that same area.

Bottlecraft is the best bottleshop near Gaslamp, so I second NCol.
Hudson2508
AG
Just happened upon this beaut at Bottlecraft for retail value. Really cool they don't mark up their prices like every other bottlehsop I've been to.

Gonna crack it open tonight since I'm not bringing anything back home. This one is going to be boozy.

thefarstall
https://www.thefarstall.net/brash-brewing-company/

https://www.thefarstall.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/75EEFE46-4865-4092-A859-BF4DC2185D48-e1504244181937.jpg
Jock 07
AG
Who needs CBS when you have the MT version

And some damn good to go IPAs.

AggieStout
AG
Today was supposed to be a good day of beer mail. My wife got me some good stuff for her going out of town on business but turned into a sad sad day when I saw that one soldier didn't make it.

Represent830
AG
Damn dude, that sucks. Contact your trade partner and maybe they'll make it right.
First Page Last Page
Page 1251 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.