Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,802 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by steve00
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need some New Glarus.
AggieOO
if the GF goes home for christmas, i'll have her ship me some stuff back. If that happens, i'll probably have some I can trade, b/c what i have now should last a while. i drink crappy beer on saturdays for football to keep from going into a coma.
BSD
AG
I think what needs to happen is someone should Smokey and the Bandit up there and bootleg a ton of beers back. I'd chip in for rental and speeding tickets charges.
BSD
AG
quote:
i drink crappy beer on saturdays for football to keep from going into a coma.

Is that how it's supposed to be done? I just apologize up front to my wife, get ****faced on the good stuff, piss everyone off, and apologize again the next day. Hasn't been working well, though.
AggieOO
i do the same thing with crappy beer. i'm afraid of what i'd do if i drank the good stuff.
streetfighter2012
AG
Just bought my karbachtoberfest ticket. Who else is going?
AggieOO
cracked a New Glarus Laughing Fox. Man, this is tasty too. I've not had a single beer from NG that wasn't fantastic.

i'd had Spotted Cow and a couple others previously, but I'm getting a broader range.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
i drink crappy beer on saturdays for football to keep from going into a coma.

Is that how it's supposed to be done? I just apologize up front to my wife, get ****faced on the good stuff, piss everyone off, and apologize again the next day. Hasn't been working well, though.

I do the same as AggieOO. Coors light and Corona at the tailgate. This weekend though will be a little different. Pre-game will be the usual, but then later after the game me and a buddy are going to break out some IPA's and a 120.

Also BSD, I will entertain a trade if you are interested in any of the NG beers that I have.
proudaggie02
AG
Anyone had the Butt Head Bock by Tommyknocker?

Tommyknocker is in Idaho Springs, about 30 minutes from Denver. I've liked this brewery since I moved to Denver, but I don't think it is real big outside of Colorado. I really like their Maple Nut Brown and Imperial Nut Brown, and they make a Cocoa Porter that is great in the winter (their pumpkin was great last year, but so-so this year). Anyways, I took my mom to breakfast in Idaho Springs this weekend and picked up some Butt Head..... because I hadn't drank it in a long time & noticed that it's won tons of awards according to their website. It was outstanding and packed a little punch at 8%.

62strat
AG
I'm pretty sure you can get a few of their brews in tx. I know I've had it in Texas anyway, the brown an maybe another. Not sure if it was purchased in tx though. Pretty good stuff. Next time we go through I.S. we may stop. Last time we went to beau jeaus (sp?) instead.

Enjoying a rock bottom rockfoberfest right now if you ever wanna do happy hour on tues, we come here every week. Near park meadows mall. They have new beer tappings and such always on Tuesday's.
streetfighter2012
AG
I found a sixer of the imperial nut brown at specs. I also picked up a bomber of NB peach porch lounger. Beer advocate reviews don't seem very high, has anyone here tried it?
Pahdz
Not sure where Wynkoop stands as far as good beers in CO, but I enjoyed their black lager this weekend.

More impressive though, was their food, specifically the mac and cheese, the fried chicken, and the peach cobbler.
La Fours
AG
I've had the tommy knocker ipa. It was pretty good. Randomly found it at Twin Liquor a coupe of months ago.
txag2008
AG
Had the Summit Octoberfest tonight. Wasn't my favorite Octoberfest, but was pretty good.
txaggie05
AG
I had the Tommyknocker Hop Strike Black IPA at a bar in Mississippi. It was fantastic
AggieOO
drinking a Cathedral Square Belgian. Its a dubbel. I think my dubbel is better, and mine is definitely not perfect.

The Cathedral Square is decent, but not great.
62strat
AG
Drinking Made easy new season premiers next wednesday.

First stop, Houston, TX

AXS Channel (formerly HDnet), 7pm. central.
jetch17
jetch17
AG
Karbach kegging "Fresh Nuggs" wet hop pale ale today. Available on tour this friday/saturday

La Fours
AG
AggieOO, is this your girlfriend?

AggieOO
No, but that gives me an idea!
jetch17
jetch17
La Fours
AG
I think you should recreate the pic and post a side by side comparison. And submit it to the chive. That's where I found the picture.
streetfighter2012
AG
She seems like a keeper
NColoradoAG
Funny, I'm drinking a NG Belgian Red tonight. Paired it with grilled pork chops, sage brown butter, roasted honey potatoes, and sauted green beans and cranberries.
streetfighter2012
AG
Just finished off a couple imperial nut browns from tommy knockers that were talked about a few days ago. It's a solid brew that I would buy again. Thanks for the suggestion proudaggie.
AggieOO
just did a tasting of Rosemary Wheat V1 vs V2

taste wise, V1 is better, but I under-carbonated V2, although I think V1 was slightly over-carbonated. I'll tweak the recipe a little for V3, and hopefully find a sweet spot soon.
AggieOO
and to stick with the rosemary theme, i opened a bottle of La Socarrada that my gf brought home for me a month or so ago. It is an ale brewed with rosemary and honey.

it's ok, but can't say it would be worth the $5 that i think she paid for it.
Jock 07
AG
I have really got to do a better job keeping up with this damn thread. I had some of the Theobroma @ Obannons when I was down for the Florida game. It was definitely different but I enjoyed it pretty good. Probably wouldn’t buy a bottle of it though. It seems as though I just missed the 120 release which sucks cause I’ve always wanted to try one of those. I’ll be in Minneapolis next weekend for a wedding and can stop and pick up some Surly to bring back with me for the LSU game if anyone wants some. I think the Wet is out right now and it’s pretty damned good.
La Fours
AG
Jock, I'd like some Surly Abrasive if you can find some.
BSD
AG
You should definitely stop by Surly! I met the owner at Dark Lord Day earlier this year (pics on page 67). He was very appreciative of all the love his beers get nationwide. I've still yet to try it but might make it up there next spring or just trade for some.
Jock 07
AG
You and everyone else in the states of MN ND SD IA & WI. I don't think it's out yet but if it is I'll try and grab a few 4 packs of it. For sure their best brew and probably one of my top 3 DIPAs
62strat
AG
Denver ags, RR supplication being tapped on Tues. 10/2 at Parry's Highlands Ranch, 5:30.

NColoradoAG
DP

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 9/28/2012 4:15p).]
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.