Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,461 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by FancyKetchup14
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jock, I'll buy or trade for as much Wet and Furious as you can bring to the LSU game. I'd also be in for some 2012 Founders Breakfast Stout if you come across any.

Speaking of that, I think we should probably start planning a bottle share for that weekend. I'll be coming in on Friday afternoon again. We could do it somewhere Friday before yell practice, or Saturday during tailgating. Thoughts?
La Fours
AG
NColoradoAg, I think that's a great idea. I know for sure I'll be free that Friday night. And as for Founders, I leave for VA the Sunday after LSU, so I am planning on picking up several bottles of whatever I can get my hands on that looks interesting. And Founders KBS is at the top of the list.
jetch17
AG
Picked up a couple DFH120 and a NB/Alpine Super IPA today at HEB
La Fours
AG
Effing Kristen Distribuing isn't bringing the good NB beers to Brazos County.
BSD
AG
BSD
AG
Kidding. I can snag some extras when I go to the store this weekend.
AggieOO
opened this:

it is ok. can't complain, it was $3 for the bomber.

[This message has been edited by AggieOO (edited 9/28/2012 8:34p).]
streetfighter2012
AG
Celebrated today's win with an Avery kaiser. It's become one of my favorite beers.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Kidding. I can snag some extras when I go to the store this weekend.

Please do.
BSD
AG
Was about to run to HEB to get the beers but forgot it's Sunday. WTF is up with that law anyways?
streetfighter2012
AG
Will they still sell it after 12? Or do they regulate Sunday sales by abv on beer similar to wine? As of yesterday morning the specs in Jersey Village had quite a bit of the 120 on the shelves
BSD
AG
They'll sell after noon but I like to go early to beat the crowds.
army01
AG
Last night's beers...

TxKng82
AG
StreetFighter, where did you get Avery Kaiser?? Been looking for it but no specs I've checked has it. Definitely a new favorite for me as well.
streetfighter2012
AG
The specs near Jersey Village (290 and Jones) had it yesterday. I'll be stopping by tomorrow after work to try and pick up a few more.
TxKng82
AG
I better get there quick then before you clear them out.

Appreciate the heads up. I'll have to stop by there tomorrow as well to grab some.
NColoradoAG

Capping off anniversary dinner with homemade ghirardelli molten cakes and a 2011 Founders imperial stout.
62strat
AG
quote:
Was about to run to HEB to get the beers but forgot it's Sunday. WTF is up with that law anyways?

I've bought beer many times on sundays.. what time was it?
BSD
AG
Can't buy beer before noon.
BSD
AG
Awww yeaaaaahhhh. RRBC now has Framboise for a Cure on tap and in bottles (12 bottle limit)!
jetch17
AG
Just saw that on FB, drooled a little at the draught pour
La Fours
AG

Wow. Holy crap. This is sooooooo sweet and has quite the alcohol kick. Definitely needs to age a year or more.
Jock 07
AG
I want a couple of the 120s
Marooned_n_Aggieland
How much is the Avery Kaiser selling for and how easy is it to find in Houston? How about elsewhere?

I would really like to try a nice imperial marzen.
streetfighter2012
AG
I was getting them from specs for less than $9 plus tax.
TxKng82
AG
Kaiser is a pretty limited release from what I understand. I looked for a couple weeks before I picked some up yesterday from Jones Rd. Spec's in Houston after streetfighter's tip for $7.99 cash price plus tax. They had about 3 bottles left, thats if streetfighter didn't pick anymore up.

streetfighter2012
AG
I picked up the last three they had on the shelves. One had your name on it TxKng if you weren't able to swing by. So Marooned if you can't find any you're welcome to have one of them.
NColoradoAG
I will have zombie dust for the LSU tailgate
BSD
AG
Niiiiiiice...
BSD
AG
And where is HBC? Haven't seen him or Spartan around lately.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
There were a couple of bottles of 120 at Spec's on Weslayan. $10 a pop.

Definitely too sweet right now.
turfman80
AG
Looking for some advice here. Traveling via Southwest to Sonoma County soon and plan to bring back a lot of beers, esp. RR sours, etc. Has anyone purchased a wine styro shipping container/box in California, then used it to ship beer as checked baggage? I will have up to two checked bag allowances on SWA and am considering doing this instead of bubble wrapping the brews and placing them in my suitcase. TIA!
BSD
AG
Turfman,

I do that all the time. On the north side of Santa Rosa is The Bottle Shop. I swing by there to get 12 bottle shippers and take one (or two if all i have is a carryon) on the plane with me and I'll ship some back from the pack and mail place down the road. It's worth the effort!
62strat
AG
just had the RR supplication on tap for lunch with pizza. Damn what a good beer.

For $1 an ounce it better be.

Went with a great divide yeti RIS as well, couldn't resist the free pint glass and keychain bottle opener.

That was a quick $30.

But that wasn't the best part of the day. The best happened when I got back to work to find that they've let everyone go home for the week. We already had friday off for a company trip, guess they decided to start early.

So the 5-day weekend begins; company paid trip to Vail begins Friday. Life is grand sometimes.

[This message has been edited by 62strat (edited 10/3/2012 3:02p).]
proudaggie02
AG
^
I had the Parabola (Firestone Walker) and Oro de Calabaza (Jolly Pumpkin) at Parry's on Saturday. I'm a huge fan of bourbon-aged beer, and the Parabola was definitely above average. The Oro de Calabaza was outstanding, and one of the best sours I've had.
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.