Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,066 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Jock 07 said:

I'll be there from 2 Sep-8 or 9 Sep. Staying with wife's kinfolk in woodland hills
You flying in and out of Burbank? We rented a house in Pasadena.

Probably. **** LAX
La Fours
AG
Aussie man checks single can of beer as luggage.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/7/11/15953600/australian-man-checks-can-of-beer-luggage-melbourne-perth-cross-country-flight

maca1028
I wonder if I should try that.
steve00
AG
Nice haul! That 11th Anniversary IPA is currently my favorite Port Brewing beer.
jetch17
AG
steve00 said:

Jetch & Chipotle - Do you still want some Swerve City?
YES. sorry just catching up to this. Ill drop you a note.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'm heading out to Colorado for a week next month, August 7-14. Going to spend the first four days in Vail with my aunt, followed by Friday-Sunday in and around Denver.

I was thinking of renting a car through Turo this time, with the thought of driving up to FoCo and visit Weldwerks on the way. Anything else I should check out north of Denver? That'll be a new area for me.

The rest of the time I'll be on foot/bike from an apartment in Capitol Hill, so I'll get around to lots of central Denver breweries.

It's been about 18 months since my last Denver trip.. Any new breweries in Denver that I can't miss? General recommendations for bottles distributed around there to look for? I should have a couple checked bags for bringing stuff home.
NColoradoAG
Inspector Spacetime said:

I'm heading out to Colorado for a week next month, August 7-14. Going to spend the first four days in Vail with my aunt, followed by Friday-Sunday in and around Denver.

I was thinking of renting a car through Turo this time, with the thought of driving up to FoCo and visit Weldwerks on the way. Anything else I should check out north of Denver? That'll be a new area for me.

The rest of the time I'll be on foot/bike from an apartment in Capitol Hill, so I'll get around to lots of central Denver breweries.

It's been about 18 months since my last Denver trip.. Any new breweries in Denver that I can't miss? General recommendations for bottles distributed around there to look for? I should have a couple checked bags for bringing stuff home.
I would suggest a stop at Outer Range in Frisco on your way to or from Vail. If you didn't visit Cerebral last time you were in town I would definitely stop there. Bierstadt Lager House is also a good new spot. Black Project serves some great spontaneous ales and usually has bottles to go. They are really good people.

If you're in to lambic or wild ales I would definitely check out Goed Zuur. Not cheap by any means, but a really nice spot.

As for packaged beer, Odd 13, Melvin, La Cumbre, Trve, and Casey can be found at places like Mr Bs, Highland Liquors, Grapevine, and Mile High Wine and Spirits. You can also find Casey bottles at Basecamp Liquor in Frisco. You Texas guys also seem to be the only folks buying Crooked Stave anymore, so there's plenty of that everywhere.

Hit me up if you come to WeldWerks, beer's on me and we can take a little tour.
Represent830
AG
Take him up on his offer.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Thanks for all those recs! That's funny to hear that Crooked Stave is mainly for out-of-towners now. They seem to be expanding a good bit based on the jobs I've seen posted by them, plus the new cans I saw advertised on IG. I definitely wanted to try Casey for the first time, though. And Goed Zuur is already bookmarked for a visit. Love me some funky beer with funky food/cheese.

I'll let you know if I head to up to Weldwerks for sure! It's high on my list and will definitely be happening Saturday the 12th if I am able to get a reasonably priced rental car.
NColoradoAG

Thanks for all those recs! That's funny to hear that Crooked Stave is mainly for out-of-towners now. They seem to be expanding a good bit based on the jobs I've seen posted by them, plus the new cans I saw advertised on IG. I definitely wanted to try Casey for the first time, though. And Goed Zuur is already bookmarked for a visit. Love me some funky beer with funky food/cheese.

I'll let you know if I head to up to Weldwerks for sure! It's high on my list and will definitely be happening Saturday the 12th if I am able to get a reasonably priced rental car.
I will be gone on the 12th
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Oh no! Well I still plan on checking it out. Any releases/variants coming down the pipe that I should look for a few weeks from now?
NColoradoAG

Oh no! Well I still plan on checking it out. Any releases/variants coming down the pipe that I should look for a few weeks from now?
Too far out to say specifically, but there will be plenty of good beers on tap and in Crowlers.
La Fours
AG
College Station Specs posted on Facebook that they have BB Temptress and FQ Temptress. And I'm in Roswell, NM at a UFO McDonald's.
jah003
S
La Fours said:

College Station Specs posted on Facebook that they have BB Temptress and FQ Temptress. And I'm in Roswell, NM at a UFO McDonald's.
Dat Alien beer doe...
Roswell... Fun for about 5 minutes.
Jock 07
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Jock 07 said:

I'll be there from 2 Sep-8 or 9 Sep. Staying with wife's kinfolk in woodland hills
just bought the tickets OMA-BUR. roundtrip for 320 each. figured they'd be at least another 100 per person flying in/out BUR. LAX would have been ~100 bucks cheaper total but not worth it, especially with all that construction going on down there.
dave99ag
AG
jah003 said:

Roswell... Fun for about 5 minutes.
Seeing as how LaFours and his family are trying to visit every town in New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, (eff Colorado), and Wyoming... 5 minutes is all they get with the alien probing.
NColoradoAG
Jock 07 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Jock 07 said:

just bought the tickets OMA-BUR. roundtrip for 320 each. figured they'd be at least another 100 per person flying in/out BUR. LAX would have been ~100 bucks cheaper total but not worth it, especially with all that construction going on down there.
Flights were cheap as hell out of Denver to Burbank. $175 round trip IIRC.

Our buddy coming out of Austin was not so easy though. Should still be a blast. Dont have any concrete plans yet, but maybe we should try and get together either at a house for a share or tailgating before the game.

I think we have tickets to the TexAgs tailgate, but I'm not 100% sure.
Jock 07
AG
I'm down. Going to be bringing my wife's cousin's husband with me who's lived in la all his life but I don't think has ever been to a game. Pretty sure he's not much of a sports fan but will be coming with me. I released my TMF tickets as I'm assuming I'll be able to find better/cheaper tickets through other sources. Really looking forward to the trip. first road game I've been to since college, bowl games excluded.
Jock 07
AG
Not too bad
AggieStout
AG
My first TG beer. Not bad, kinda lacking on taste but ok for what it is.

La Fours
AG
Hotel beer

Made a quick stop by the brewery. It looked like a cool place to hang out but I just grabbed the beer and left. The wife and kids were in the car and ready to get back to the hotel after dinner. I've got one of each on ice now.
La Fours
AG
Sooooooo good.

Scriffer
AG
Stout Weather...or something like that...

maca1028

Pliny
steve00
AG
Mmm...Toronado
maca1028
Loved that place, took everything I had not to buy a $100 bottle of cable car.
steve00
AG
Haven't seen that there in months. Now I know where I'm going this weekend.
AggieOO
NColoradoAG said:

Jock 07 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Jock 07 said:

Flights were cheap as hell out of Denver to Burbank. $175 round trip IIRC.

Our buddy coming out of Austin was not so easy though. Should still be a blast. Dont have any concrete plans yet, but maybe we should try and get together either at a house for a share or tailgating before the game.

I think we have tickets to the TexAgs tailgate, but I'm not 100% sure.
I'm flying int LAX from Austin. Flight was dirt cheap ($200) and brother in law lives ridiculously close, so it made sense. That airport sucks, but super convenient for the trip.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Jester King O&P comes out this weekend. I'll be there next Sunday. Wonder if this one makes it to a second weekend. 3600 bottles with a three bottle limit.
Represent830
AG
Lucky #007 said:

Jester King O&P comes out this weekend. I'll be there next Sunday. Wonder if this one makes it to a second weekend. 3600 bottles with a three bottle limit.

Easily. Release fatigue.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I hope so. They are really pumping out the new releases. It's crazy I should be there next weekend and then two weeks after that. Hopefully one of those is the Atrial release.
MathNewman06
AG
Celebrating 713 day.
MathNewman06
AG
My brother is in Portland this week. He went to wolves & people today (which apparently I missed out on when I was up there) and found this jk collab- Texas grapefruit and Oregon fir tips with jk and w&p mixed cultures.
maca1028
Hotel pool beer
maca1028
Never heard of that, looks interesting.
First Page Last Page
Page 1228 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.